FFFC 11/24 — The Bump
Trying to Get Pregnant

FFFC 11/24

Now that many of us have spent the past few days with family (or avoiding family) let's hear those holiday inspired confessions. 

As always, not guaranteed to be flame free. 

Me: 28   H:30
TTC #1 Since 5/17
BFP 7/14/17 - CP
RE Dx: MFI, Unilateral Tubal Blockage
12/17 - Clomid + TI
BFP 12/22/17 - EDD 9/3/18

Re: FFFC 11/24

• @SkilledSailor The first 1-2 week’s of new BMBs opening is the best. Glad you get an early release from your sister!

I’m trying to remember what I thought of earlier this week. 

lurvleybunchococonutsblackhottamales
  • Loading the player...
  • This may be towing the line of a UO rather than FFFC. 

I like Black Friday shopping. I don’t mind stores open on Thanksgiving. I think it is asinine to boycott stores bc trey have people working those days. You know it when you go into it. When I was in nursing, I expected to work most holidays. Some of the most argument-free, genuine time I have ever spent with my SIL has been Black Friday shopping.  Otherwise, we don’t really mesh well. 

I don’t like taking carts people leave out at Aldi with quarters in them, or when they try to to pass a cart to me in the parking lot. I have an irrational fear they have more germs on them. 

offtoneverlandwishiwaspreggolurvleybunchococonuts
  • @jrm_14 I hate that stores open on Thursday for Black Friday sales. I think it's different than nursing or other first responder fields. A lot of the stores that are open early pay their sales employees a pretty low wage, and part-time so they're not getting benefits. I know for nursing (I'm not one but a lot of my close friends are) you do need to work a holiday but usually get to choose which one as well as get holiday pay for it. To me, one seems like taking advantage of lower income employees who need the money while the other is a (holiday paid) downside of a chosen full time career. 

TTC #1 Since 5/17
    BFP 7/14/17 - CP
    12/17 - Clomid + TI
    izza2Augusta108lurvleybunchococonuts
  • @SkilledSailor I worked at a movie theater for years. They are open 365 days a year. We actually often did get to choose which holidays we wanted to work on for the most part and were paid time and a half. But I do agree that the trouble is with it being that day in particular. It feeds into the consumerism of the holiday season, when Thanksgiving is one of the few holidays that isn’t about buying stuff (except food) which is my real problem with it. I never go at midnight. We went to Walmart the next morning and plenty of the deals were still there.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

lurvleybunchococonuts
  • @lalala2004 That's good to hear! I think more stores do offer time and a half than I'm aware of. With my own experience (it wasn't retail but a popular food service for holiday meals), we always had to work holidays without any special pay. It is just having people work on Thursday for Black Friday deals that I don't like though. I just don't get why people can't wait a few more hours, then everyone gets the chance to spend time with whoever it is they choose for Thanksgiving.  

I still love you, @jrm_14 ! Even if you think I'm being asinine  ;)

TTC #1 Since 5/17
    BFP 7/14/17 - CP
    12/17 - Clomid + TI
    jrm_14lalala2004lurvleybunchococonuts
  • @SkilledSailor I still  <3 you, too!  I guess it isn’t really asinine to boycott stores for being open on Thursday. I see so many bigger issues that why worry about just that one?  In reality, people that stick to their guns on no Black Friday on Thursday probably are aware of other societal issues that impact consumers. 
    In nursing, I never received holiday pay as I didn’t typically work full time. I volunteered to work most holidays for extra hours. When I step back and really think about it, healthcare workers & retail 365 are very different. 
    I appologize for my jerk-hole FFFC  :D

lurvleybunchococonutsSkilledSailor