January 2018 Moms

4D scans

Hello everyone

Has anyone done a 4D scan here?
We were planning to do that but couldnt due to my husband falling sick all of a udden..
I am 32 weeks now n wondering should I do that now or just wait for couple of weeks more to actually see my little wonder.
Any suggestions guys????
Thanks

Re: 4D scans

• I haven't personally, but at 32 weeks is a good time as baby has more fat stores and doesn't look so strange. I've seen tons of beautiful 4D ultrasounds. I opted not to get one because of the noise (4D ultrasounds are done at a slightly louder decibel than the 2D ones), but I'm just a nervous nelly when it comes to this baby! 
    Pregnancy TickerFor this child I prayed; and the Lord hath given me my petition which I asked of him. Samuel 1:27 KJV
    DS born 1.25.18 (my rainbow) | Baby Girl Due 7.25.19

• sbishop426sbishop426 member
    edited November 2017
    I did one with my first baby at 14-15 weeks mostly to see the gender bc hubby and I didn’t want to wait. I think 32 weeks is a good time to do one if you want! I paid around $75 and got lots of pics and a video. I’ve heard if if you wait too close to the end there’s not much to see since baby is running out of room/fluid but at 32 weeks there’s probably still enough to see. I’m not planning to do it this time around though but I think it’s fun to do at least once. tbh though it kinda looks like a potato/alien but since it’s YOUR potato/alien you’ll still be in awe but I wouldn’t expect other people to fawn over it the same way lol 
  • Loading the player...
  • I had one at 30 weeks (you can see it in the Ultrasound thread), and if I had waited any longer, we wouldn’t have been able to see her because she was already crammed up into my placenta. They say 28-32 weeks is the best time to go because they’re the easiest to see but start running out of room around 32 weeks. I would go now, if I were you. Definitely don’t wait any longer. 
  • I had one done at 28 weeks. It’s so crazy how much you can see. I agree with PP though, sooner rather than later.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I just did one at 34 weeks, which was later than I wanted because I wanted DH and my mom to be in town etc. I was shocked though-we got great facial shots etc. I think 32-34 weeks is great timing :)
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• I think it's also important to note if you have an anterior placenta. I had mine last pregnancy around 32 weeks and while we got a few decent shots, there were a ton of partial face images because he would hug the placenta and it would cover his face. So, I'd say do it now.

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies
    Pregnancy Ticker