February 2018 Moms

27 Week Ticker Change | Due 18th-24th

Weekly ticker changes were brought up in another post and had pretty good consensus it seemed. So, If you are due the week of February 18th-24th, here is your 27 week Ticker Change post! (I hope this is what people had in mind, but feel free to comment opinions?)

1) 27 Weeks means only 91 days til due date!

2) How are you feeling?

3) Any appointments this week?

4) Rants/Raves/Questions?

5) GTKY: What is your favorite Thanksgiving dish (or holiday if you don't have Thanksgiving)?

Re: 27 Week Ticker Change | Due 18th-24th

• 1) 27 Weeks means only 91 days til due date!

2) How are you feeling? Some aches, but equally pretty good. Waking up 2-3 times a night, too.

3) Any appointments this week? no doctor appointments, but writing this from my 2 hour glucose tolerance test. 

4) Rants/Raves/Questions? Did your OB say when appt frequency changes? I have my next appt Dec 12th, which was 4 weeks, but can't remember if it's 2 weeks after that or another 4 week first. 

5) GTKY: What is your favorite Thanksgiving dish (or holiday if you don't have Thanksgiving)? 
    Pies! This year, I am making pumpkin pie, apple pie, and pecan tarts.
    babymakes9sugarcoateddonut

2) How are you feeling?  Tired.  So tired.  Between my pregnancy insomnia and pee breaks and DH snoring there isn’t much sleep happening.  Even so, I’m busting my butt trying to knock out everything I want to get done before baby. 

3) Any appointments this week?   I have my 1 hour glucose check and a checkup tomorrow.  After tomorrow my visits go to every 2 weeks!

4) Rants/Raves/Questions? My patience is non-existent. My kids are actually not driving me crazy, DH is.  

Pumpkin pie and stuffing! 

@3plus1equals4 my OB starts doing 2 week appointments after 28 weeks.  I can’t remember when he moved me to weekly before. 
    3plus1equals4sugarcoateddonut
  • Loading the player...
  • 1) 27 Weeks means only 91 days til due date! Woohoo!!

2) How are you feeling? Pregnancy-wise I'm feeling pretty good! I've had a cold since Thursday though, so definitely not feeling my best right now.

3) Any appointments this week? Nothing this week.

4) Rants/Raves/Questions? Nothing I can think of right now.

I love my aunt's mashed potatoes! She mixes in butter, cream cheese, whole milk, and sour cream. They are heavenly.  I never used to like stuffing until I tried dh's aunt's stuffing.  Also amazing. 

@3plusequals4 I have an appt next week and will be starting every two weeks from there. I believe I go to every week starting at 36 weeks.
    3plus1equals4
  • @hms1219 I was told the last month is weekly, just couldn't remember when it switches to 2 weeks. If it's 28 weeks like yours, I guess after my next appt! 

Also, I hear you on the no patience with DH. The kids I can handle, but my poor DH is getting no breaks.
  • 1) 27 Weeks means only 91 days til due date!  Eek!

2) How are you feeling?  Still feeling pretty good. Just some SI joint pain after working 3+ hours (I’m a massage therapist in case anyone forgot)

3) Any appointments this week? Just left my 1-hr glucose test. McD’s drive thru is taking too long...haha! But seriously it’s 11:15am and I haven’t ate anything since 9:20pm last night. 

4) Rants/Raves/Questions?  Nothing from me. 

My mom’s stuffing!!! She makes it with raisins only because I love them in it SO much. Plus her pies!
    3plus1equals4
    That is terrifying!! I don't even have the crib set up yet.

2) How are you feeling?
    Not bad, rib pain is very annoying and made worse by sitting (which sucks since I have a desk job).

Nope, I have my prenatal check up and Glucose Screening test next week though.

@BrittaniLC Is the Glucose test as bad as everyone makes it out to be? A couple of people told me I should plan on not coming back to work because of how yucky they felt?

Has anyone done a 3D Ultrasound (for fun)? My mom is flying in for my shower and wants to see the baby. I think I am unreasonably nervous that they are going to tell me that the A/S tech was wrong and our baby is a boy.

(**I would love to have a little boy, but I think we would have to call off my shower if that were the case lol!)

+3 for STUFFING. I would be happy to just have a plate of stuffing and nothing else. Our Thanksgiving was in October though so I will have to wait until Christmas to have some more!

• BrittaniLCBrittaniLC member
    edited November 2017
    @sugarcoateddonut I was honestly fine after, but everyone is different! Also, don’t worry too much about the crib. I don’t know about you, but my new LO will be sleeping next to me in a Rock N Play for 3 months...

@sugarcoateddonut I haven’t done anything or set anything up.. like zero. Don’t feel bad!

2) How are you feeling?

I’m feeling very large - hard to bend... if I sit too long it takes a bit to get this big ol’ Body warmed up. Other than that I have a cold I can’t quite shake off yet.

No appointments this week. My OB told me to just get the glucose test before my next appt with him next week so I think I’ll do it next Monday. Procrastination at its best!

I
    ’m usually a dessert girl but I cannot wait for the turkey swimming in gravy! Possibly a pregnancy craving as I’m usually not a huge fan.
    SquirrelsRWatching
  • @BrittaniLC & @diesel11111 Thank-you! You both are making me feel so much better. I keep looking through the nursery thread and it seems like so many people are almost done!

@sugarcoateddonut  @BrittaniLC @diesel11111 +1 for not having even STARTED the nursery. We went to Lowes this weekend to pick up some odds and ends to get started, and just walked around the store wore me out. 

2) How are you feeling?

I was feeling pretty great until last night. I slept like crap (I don't think it even counts as sleeping) because my lower back hurts so bad. No position is comfortable whether it be laying, sitting, or standing. Its still just as bad today so I'm going to make an appointment with a PT and hope to get some relief. 

No appointments this week. 28 week check up and Glucose test one week from today. I need to schedule a sonogram for 30 weeks to check placenta, I guess. 

4) Rants/Raves/Questions? Are the every 2-weeks appointments the same as my monthly appointments have been? a/k/a: Wait in waiting room, cover my eyes while they take my weight, check urine and blood pressure, chase baby around my belly with doppler, measure belly, and leave - all of which takes approximately 13 minutes? I hate these appointments. 

Pies! I like apple pie with cheese on it. Yum yum yum. 
    sugarcoateddonut
  • @ash0625 I am pretty sure the every two-week appointments are exactly that!

It's so frustrating - my family doctor is an hour from where I now live (and it is nearly impossible to get a family doctor, so we need to stick with what we have. Thanks Canadian Health Care System!).
    omg this terrifies me as we have done NOTHING for the nursery.  Granted this is baby #3 so I don't need much, but our current "nursery" is a room filled with random boxes since we moved in to our new house just a couple months ago.  No crib yet, no furniture for baby.  Gotta get on it!

2) How are you feeling?
    I am finally recovering from a horrible upper respiratory infection that had me in bed for days, but I'm still coughing and fighting fatigue.  Otherwise I'm feeling good pregnancy-wise!

no, not until next week for the 28th week visit

I really don't like being pregnant in the winter time!  My previous two were born in August and September, and I used to get comments all the time about how miserable it must be to be pregnant in the hot Georgia heat.  But I totally disagree!  I would much prefer to wear sundresses, flowy tops, and flip flops to maternity pants, sweaters, and bending down to get my boots on! 

sweet potato casserole!

Crazy! Also haven’t started on any prep, it’s baby #2 and we won’t be putting her in her own room so I figure I still have plenty of time! But I keep having moments of panic that I have done NOTHING yet for her.

2) How are you feeling?
    Big, uncomfortable. I think chasing a toddler this time makes me much more aware of my belly being in the way.

No, had one last week and next one is Monday. I couldn’t believe when the nurse said it was time for every two weeks already. 

NBR but this is the first holiday season since my parents divorce so I’m reallllly hoping it just goes nicely. It’s been so awkward so far so we’ll see.

Mashed potatoes and pie. And everything else. My mom makes the best rolls. Can’t wait! 
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
    Gah, how is this going so fast?!?!?

2) How are you feeling?
    Not bad, hip pain that's worse in the morning or when I've been sitting at work. It's harder to remember to stay hydrated now that the weather has cooled off.  :/

Monday I have my glucose screening and also a follow up u/s to make sure my placenta is moving up

anyone counting kicks yet? How often are you supposed to check each day?

All! You guys I am so excited for Thanksgiving, it's my favorite holiday meal of the year :smiley:
    ash0625
  • @ash0625 I think they are all about the same up until the last 3-4 weeks and when you get lab orders.  I guess those last few are only different if your practice does 3rd trimester pelvic exams... some don't. 

@atalante kick counts are once a day at the same time each day. I haven't been told to start them yet.
  • 1) 27 Weeks means only 91 days til due date!  +1 for having not started anything for baby yet. We have registry done, baby shower isn't until Jan. And we just started looking for a house. 45 working days until maternity leave. Next 90 days is going to be crazy! 

2) How are you feeling?  when not overwhelmed by the crazy amount of changes in our life right now, pretty good. Just trying to keep making lists and working off of them. Helps me feeling like we are moving in the right direction. 

3) Any appointments this week?  Next one is 2 weeks from Thanksgiving (scared of the scales that day), have my tdap shot scheduled. Then every 2 weeks after that. Can't believe we are at that point now! 

4) Rants/Raves/Questions? Anyone's significant other getting a tdap shot? My husbands last one was in 2012, does he need another? 

oh so many! I love the meal as a whole. Turkey, green beans, pink stuff (from Midwest so it is a cranberry salad with marshmallows and whip cream of course), homemade dinner rolls, stuffing, mashed potatoes or scalloped potatoes, pies galore. A true feast! My mom told me yesterday that we wouldn't have many people at the dinner table this year, just 13, our usual is 20-25.

@winnie1122 hope your Thanksgiving goes smoothly without too much tension or awkwardness! 
  • @ramzlou the tdap is good for 10 years so he should be fine!
    ramzlau
  • @ramzlau Thanks! I’m really only dreading my Dad’s TG because his new GF will be there and I’m not ready to deal with significant others (divorce was just finalized this past summer) But I’m sure I’ll survive as long as I can hide behind some pie lol

Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
    ramzlau
  • 1) 27 Weeks means only 91 days til due date! Crazy!

2) How are you feeling? 
    I still have my never ending cold. And I’m tired. 

I have my 3hr glucose test on Friday. Not looking forward. 

Not at the moment 
    Stuffing 
  • @spb27 good luck with the 3hr glucose test!  I had to do it a couple weeks ago, but all turned out fine.  I'm sure it will for you, too!

• 1) 27 Weeks means only 91 days til due date! not soon enough! I can't do anything for her nursery until the basement gets finished in January. But I have washed all of DS's old clothes and at least hung those.  But my first wouldn't sleep in his crib until closer to 3 months anyway. I expect the same for this one. 

2) How are you feeling?
    between the hip pain and restless legs, I don't really sleep anymore. It just seems like frequent napping. I think this happened last time with DS too. Just getting ready to have an infant again, I guess! Feeling good otherwise. Oh, I'm also getting a ton of BH contractions. 

Nope... just a date with a plate of turkey! 

This is my second (and last!) time, and everything seems to be going just like my first. 

5) GTKY: What is your favorite Thanksgiving dish 
    .  all of it! 

Married 1/09/10

BFP 6/10/14
    EDD 2/17/15
    DS 2/17/15

BFP 6/12/17
    EDD 2/18/17
    Deja vu??

• @caitb413 I’ve had a cold since last week too and it sucks! Sorry you’re not feeling good  :(
  • @caitb413 great! Thanks! He will be happy to hear! 

@winnie1122 oh yeah new GF sounds like a lot of change, thank goodness for pie lol! 
  • @winnie1122 I feel your pain. My parents divorced the year I got married (8 years ago), but have been dating for a few years and it is still so strange. I want them both to be happy, but I miss my predictable little unit. 
    winnie1122
  • ldawngirl781ldawngirl781 member
    edited November 2017
    1) 27 Weeks means only 91 days til due date! Third trimester, here we come!

2) How are you feeling? Actually not too bad. Bending over is getting hard and acid reflux is no joke sometimes, but minimal complaints. 

3) Any appointments this week? Nothing this week, but I have another U/S on Monday! 

4) Rants/Raves/Questions? My sister is planning my shower and she set up a Facebook event. My MIL can't figure out how to RSVP. Sigh... It's so freakin' easy! Now she wants my sister's phone number, but I love my sister too much to subject her to my MIL, so I've sent in DH and BIL to sort it out and RSVP for her.

We already had Thanksgiving (it's in October in Canada), but my favourite dish is stuffing.