Pregnancy Questions and Concerns: 11/19-11/25

(Better late than never?)
DS1: Nov. 2013
DS2: Jan. 2016
DS3: Dec. 2017
Baby #4 on the way!

Re: Pregnancy Questions and Concerns: 11/19-11/25

• edited November 2017
    Anyone else going through, just, so many panty liners? Usually halfway through the workday the one I put in that morning is toast.
  • Has anyone’s baby dropped? I’m at 32 weeks and my coat buttons easily now when it was a challenge before. I also feel that I’m breathing easier. This is my 4th pregnancy but it’s been 13 years since my last.
  • Loading the player...
  • @scatteringashes yep. I go through maybe 4 a day. I feel like I'm always running to the bathroom to check if I peed, if it was just discharge, or if my water is breaking super early. I hate this part of 3rd tri.
  • missblazemissblaze member
    edited November 2017
    Ugh @shaze this has been me all morning with the added anxiety of false labor over the weekend lol

I use Hypnobabies! http://www.hypnobabies-store.com/link.cgi?affiliateID=472

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies!

Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: 1/6/2018
    Eva Jane: 7/23/2014

• @schaze @scatteringashes @missblaze same here. Which leads me to a question...How can you tell if it's urine leakage, discharge, or water breaking (leaking)??? I had minor contractions Sunday morning for about 2 hours, but I didn't say anything to anyone and they went away, haven't felt anything like it since lunch yesterday, but that makes all the fluid down there that much more stressful
  • @tlmann88 I was told that if it's your water breaking that it will smell sweet. 

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @TInman87 I had my water broken for me while on the epidural so I can't speak from experience, but I've been told that if you fill several pads/pantiliners within just a few hours, it could be your water leaking/breaking. Correct me if I'm wrong STM+s? I've also heard it smells kind of sweet like @supercoolstephy said.
  • @TInman87 Mine broke in a gush, so it was obvious, but it continued to trickle until the baby was born. The trickle was kind of like peeing yourself, but no matter what you do you can't stop it. I thought it felt different than peeing yourself, but I was also aware that mine was broken. I personally don't remember a smell at all. If you think it broke, definitely call your doctor/midwife and they can check you out. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The instructor at my baby class said amniotic fluid smells kind of like semen.  :o
  • Major swelling over the weekend despite compression socks and upping my water intake etc, I ended up at the dr this morning to get it checked out. Dr thinks it looks fine and my bp was totally fine as well, but she is running some blood work and urine test for pre-e just to be safe (and I’m pretty sure to ease my paranoid mind, which I also appreciate).  

Together Let Us Seek the Heights

• Anyone else have a super lazy baby? He moves the required amount when doing kick counts and will move if provoked (pushing on and jiggling my belly some), but other than that I swear the kid doesn't move. I am so used to DD who would get ticked if anything put any remote pressure on my stomach. (Maybe this is all still because of the anterior placenta, but I thought by now, that wouldn't hide the kicks as much.)
  • So I haven’t posted much in here, like once months ago. But I wanted to chime in @tlmann88, I would have gushes (with my first and this baby). I called the doctor and I was told it would not smell if it was amniotic fluid. I personally would just call your doctor to get checked out. I went in earlier this pregnancy to make sure I was not leaking and they swapped and put it on this paper that would turn a certain color if it was amniotic fluid. Never hurts to check. 
  • Thank you to everyone and all your advice! 
  • @TInman87 I wanted to chime in here since I had the rare rupture, slow leak, not a gush with DD. The doctor ultimately described it as a pin prick in a water balloon... Basically, I was 39 weeks 1 day and on a long walk. I felt a sudden, short drip. Weird! So when I went home I put a liner in and there was a very pale pink fluid, which I had never seen. I thought about it for a while, and I called the doctor. Went in, they tested, and said, "nope, not amniotic fluid--just discharge!" There wasn't much I could do, but I was 31 and knew what discharge felt like, this wasn't that, since I FELT it come out. But whatever... Fast forward to the next day: at the gym running on the treadmill and I felt that same sudden, short leak (so not enough that it would drip out of my shorts, but just weird because I could feel it come out and knew it wasn't pee). Went home (though my claim to fame is that I still ran 7 miles that day lol), pale pink again. I sat in the bed crying, feeling like a fool to call the doctor again, but knowing something was off. I called at 3:45 and my mom took me... new doctor... did a swipe, walked back in, and said, "Yup. Your water is leaking. You need to go to the hospital as soon as possible. You will be induced immediately. It will be a marathon and not a sprint." I was in total shock... DD was born 41 hours later! 

I guess I am sharing this just to say that even though I didn't have a GUSH, it felt different than pee or discharge and the color indicated to me it was my amniotic fluid. Another reminder to trust yourself when something feels "different." 
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• @burnsmommy27 I do not see that happening this pregnancy.............. to say the least  :D
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• Well at least you got to be magical once ;)@EmilyLove25
  • @EmilyLove25 thank you for your story, that is exactly what I needed to hear! I finally out s pad in today so I could start taking the cold, and right now it's a yellow/slightly orange tint, so I will just continue to keep an eye on our for now.