Babies on the Brain

Waiting Room Wednesday 11/15

***General TW that this thread might contain discussions mentioning MC and loss.***

Welcome to Waiting Room Wednesday!

You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on not TTC and connect with others who are in the same boat. TTC can be a long journey, and having to wait makes it feel even longer -- even if it is for a good reason. I invite you to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this like an ongoing conversation.

Benched = involuntarily not NTNP/TTC and "out of the game," usually due to medical reasons

TTA = avoiding pregnancy by using protection or FAM, usually for non-health-related reasons __________________________________________________________________

Are you benched or TTA?

What brings you here?

How long do you think you'll be here?

How have things been going?

Any R/R?

GTKY: What's something you like to do the "old fashion way"?
DS1 born 2/28/16
DS2 due 12/12/18

Re: Waiting Room Wednesday 11/15

• TTA unfortunately...

You lovely ladies :)

How long at this point, I have no effing idea...unless I can think of a miracle way to make more money, at least April if not later...

Things just suck. Without DHs raise we have to wait even longer, and I hate it. It's more than wanting a baby at this point...our kids will be a little further apart than we wanted, and it feels like DHs job is controlling our lives! I don't like this feeling of things being out of our control. Yet at the same time I can think of a ton of positives to us being forced to wait, but it's that "forced" that I can't get over.

Rave: going out for a ladies dinner with some girls from work! Should be fun :) 

GTKY: I will always use a hymnal at church. Yes I can see the tv screens on the wall, but I was a choir member (and plan to get back into it) and I like to be able to read the notes.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• @CecilB93 I'm so sorry about your husband's job situation. I have similar (but not quite as bad) frustrations with my husband's job and he is also long overdue for a raise. I hope either the raise comes sooner somehow or the time at least passes quickly between now and April!

Are you benched or TTA?

Benched. I got the all clear from my OB and AF finally arrived (yay!) but I'm waiting on my endocrinologist to sign off.

What brings you here?
    Waiting to TTC again after a TW loss end TW

Hopefully just until Dec or Jan. I vented a little bit on the chat thread - I should (fingers crossed) be unbenched any day now, but then I'm at an awkward spot in the calendar, job wise. I work freelance and my current job goes until Jan 19th, but you usually have to lock down your next job about a month or two in advance, which would be right now, BUT the holidays are the worst time ever to job hunt in my field, so I'm worried I won't be able to lock anything down. 

Up and down but I'm feeling better today. Focusing on my health and fitness plan has helped and I'm loving my new calendar I printed out to record my calories and workouts.  I need something tangible like that to keep me on track.

Any R/R?
    Rave: I have the whole Thanksgiving week off!  Rant: It's unpaid! Wah!

Reading!  I am not a fan of kindles or reading on any kind of tablet. I like an old fashioned book and I like to dog ear the pages like a jerk, haha.
  • Loading the player...
  • @CecilB93 I’m sorry you’re feeling that way. I’m a control freak, so feeling out of sorts like that is really scary for me.

@maureenmce I hope you continue to feel better and can get your endo to sign off on ttc.

Are you benched or TTA?
    TTA

What brings you here?
    Conversation and friends.

May/June 2018

Good. I finally tossed the expired hpt’s I had in the closet. Now I hope my cleaning lady doesn’t find them when she takes the bathroom trash out.

Any R/R?
    dh has been gone but gets back tomorrow. I was hoping for a girls night to celebrate, but it sounds like that’s falling through. I can’t ever get any of my mom friends to commit to anything. It sucks...

Hmmm... I enjoy walking places when I can. Otherwise I love the convenience of all the fun tech that is available now. Amazon, grocery delivery, email, text, I want it all!
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • lalala2004lalala2004 member
    edited November 2017
    @CecilB93 our church doesn’t even have hymnals! But we have one at home. So few people know how to read music these days.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Are you benched or TTA? TTA

What brings you here? Baby fever making me BSC!

How long do you think you'll be here? I'm really hoping just a couple more months.

How have things been going? I ranted in the Weekly Chat.  I feel like I'm losing it and just want DH to see my side and give me my way.

Any R/R? Work is slow still and showing no signs of picking up.  It's hard dragging myself downtown every day when I just sit here on TB all day.

GTKY: What's something you like to do the "old fashion way"? Making bread is something I've picked up recently (married a Jewish man and had to learn how to make challah!) I love doing it by hand.  No bread maker here, and I rarely even use my stand mixer anymore.
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @mermaidca slow work days suck. My last few weeks have been slow. Luckily I got some work this week and next.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::