May 2018 Moms

PGAL Check In 11/15

Hi everyone! How is everybody doing this week?

How far along are you?

Any appointments coming up?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

How are you doing? 

GTKY:  
What did you think you would grow out of but haven’t?

Re: PGAL Check In 11/15

• suchaglencocosuchaglencoco member
    edited November 2017
    How far along are you?
    13w3d. So am I out of first tri today or tomorrow? 

Next Tuesday I have a "quick" appointment. I need to remember to ask about getting the flu shot.

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    I broke down and bought a dopper. I told DH I wouldn't use it every day and surprise surprise I have used it every day since I got it. Last night I thought DH would roll his eyes when he saw me pull it out but he instead sat next to me to try to help find the heartbeat.

How are you doing? 
    Better now that I have super easy peace of mind. 

GTKY:  What did you think you would grow out of but haven’t?
    Wanting puppies. We got our second dog from a rescue and I still follow them on Facebook. They always need fosters, but DH won't let me because he knows I'll fall in love and we'll end up with a 3rd dog. 
    I have just always loved dogs and puppies and would adopt them all if DH wouldn't divorce me.
  • How far along are you? 16+2

I go back to my OB on 12/6.  I need to call and make my anatomy scan appointment.  

Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    Rant- DS was up in the middle of the night and up very early today, so he was hyperemotional while trying to get out the door.  Apparently asking him to pick out a shirt for school was highly offensive.  Rave- Even though I was tired, I did enjoy the cuddles/ DS falling asleep on me in the middle of the night.  He is so active and busy that those moments seem to be happening less and less.  

How are you doing? Physically, I've been better.  My prescription ran out and I have been off my HG meds until insurance will process my refill.  Mentally, I feel okay right now.  All the measurements were good at our ultrasound this weekend and I am starting to feel consistent movement, which is reassuring.  I am still having some invasive thoughts about my friend's loss.  TW-

TW- I saw her this weekend and we talked for a long time.  She shared that it was a cord accident that caused their loss and it is just heartbreaking.  

GTKY:  
    What did you think you would grow out of but haven’t? This might be FFFC status, but sleeping with a teddy bear.  I still sleep with the one from my childhood.  
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you?
    12w1d

Tuesday I have an appointment with the midwife. And 12/11 I have another ultrasound.
    Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Rant - DH is stressed with taking 2 grad courses and his current students and lack of special educator with experience in his grade level, so he's quite short tempered right now which is irritating. I told him if he's stressed take a semester off or only take one course. He said he doesn't want to because he wants to get his masters by this spring so he can get his pay raise in the fall, and have his last three years in this state with his pay raise for his pension before we move. 
    Rave - It's almost Thanksgiving break! I'm taking students on a college tour on Friday and then next week we only have Monday and Tuesday. Tuesday all my morning classes will be cancelled because all juniors and seniors are going to a career day presentation. I'm pumped. 

How are you doing? 
    was doing great after the last ultrasound, but the midwife calling me back about the fibroid and not really explaining anything to me is stressing me out. @suchaglencoco it might be time for me to purchase a doppler as well. 

GTKY:  
    I have a teddy bear from high school, and I love puppies but I don't think I ever thought to myself you'll grow out of this. Maybe the fact that I am very disorganized. That is something that you should grow out of as you get older, but I'm bad at it. I can put everything away and give it a home, but things just collect in piles again. Especially things that need grading. I need to start a filing system. 
  • @jhysmath, I got mine off of Amazon, but I tried to get on through our local mom sale page. Of course I got mine and someone posted one for sale that same day. Oy.
    Also, they sell gel, but I read aloe vera worked just as well and that's what I've been using. 
  • How far along are you?
    12w5d today
    Yes! My first appointment is tomorrow. I promise I'm not irresponsible, I'm a maternity care provider so I feel capable in taking care of myself. However, I'm very excited for my appointment.
    Rants/Raves/Questions?
    I'm finally beginning to feel normal-ish again and have started yoga back up but I get extremely dizzy when standing. I hope this normalizes for me as I really want to stay active this pregnancy. Does anyone else get super dizzy? I can't remember too many of my clients concerned about this.
    How are you doing? 
    I'm actually okay this week.
    GTKY:  
    My love for reading has never quelled. I wondered if it would go away as I became more busy and had less time but I still love finding a cozy chair and delving into a good book, with a cup of tea!

@suchaglencoco I'm a maternity care provider so I have a doppler anyway and it's such a double edged sword! It's nice for the reassurance when you're cramping, bleeding, or haven't felt baby's first movements but it's so easy to become obsessed. I've promised myself and MH I will only use it once a week until I start to feel baby moving.
  • sbaby2019sbaby2019 member
    edited November 2017
    How far along are you?
    14w4d
    not until Dec. 7th
    Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Rants - I have a super bad cold.
    Raves- besides this cold kicking my butt, I think I'm turning a 2nd trimester corner! Hooray!
    Questions- not that I can think of.
    How are you doing? 
    I'm doing pretty decent. The loss is starting to hurt a bit less as I get more and more excited for this little one. It's starting to feel more real now. I am a bit anxious for the next appointment which feels so far away and my next ultrasound isn't until Dec.21st. Until then, I am a bit nervous about baby without hearing the heartbeat or feeling movement.  Hoping to soon! I could buy about doppler but between being cheap and knowing I will get unhealthy obsessed I'm deciding not to. I think it's great that most of you ladies have one though and it seems to be helping! 
    GTKY:  
    My fear of E.T. lol. I hate everything about the movie and the character and I refuse to watch it again. 

Edited to add that I'm sad to continue seeing new loss threads. I was hoping we were past that and I get so scared/nervous to read them. 
  • @suchaglencoco I've seen second tri listed as starting at 13 weeks, 13+3, and 14.  I say you are!

@jhysmath that sounds like such a great schedule for next week!  

@callthemw I get dizzy if I go from sitting or laying down to standing too quickly.

@babys_2018 OMG, ET still freaks me out, too!  It's so scary!
  • How far along are you?  16w1d

I had my 16 week OB appt on Monday and my MFM appt on Tuesday.  Now finally no appts for 2 weeks.  All these appts are wearing me down.

Rants/Raves/Questions?  
    My DS is finally a little excited about baby sister.  We went to lunch with my dad last weekend and he said "Baby sister is in mommy's belly".  Then yesterday he asked if we could take her out and see her lol.  Then asked where her eyes were.

How are you doing? 
    Doing okay.  For once since the diagnosis, I feel happy.  I think not doing the amnio was the right thing.  And I am so encouraged by Dr. Kays.

GTKY:  
    What did you think you would grow out of but haven’t?  Being kind of afraid of the dark.
  • @suchaglencoco I bought a Doppler too, yet surprisingly haven't used it any!

@mileswithmyles I love when DS falls asleep on me.  I don't get those moments much anymore either.

@jhysmath I ordered mine off of Walmart.com for like $35.

@babys_2018 I don't really like ET either!  And I agree.  The loss posts are so sad.

• @sparklingdiamond i have an irrational fear of the dark too, but only when I'm alone. I have a fear of being murdered at night, or dying at night alone. I know they're completely irrational, so that means I'm not crazy right?

@babys_2018 another good fear, creepy children's movies. I can't watch the wizard of Oz. Always scared me. 
  • @jhysmath I sometimes worry about that too.  I think I watched too much Criminal Minds!  I also HAVE to sleep with my doors closed.  I don't want someone being able to silently sneak up on me!
  • How far along are you? 12w2d

not until 11/27

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Rave: I'm excited for mom's night tonight. We are going out to eat and then seeing Bad Moms. I will also be announcing my pregnancy to everyone, which I am nervous about. I think it's because 95% of the people who currently know I'm pregnant knew about my loss and this will be telling like 13 people who have no idea all at once, so that makes it more real. But I am excited for people to finally know and not having to hide it any longer!

How are you doing? 
    I've been having some anxiety falling asleep at night again. I had to turn on the TV last night to clear my mind so I could fall asleep. I have a feeling it is only going to get worse as I get further along. But during the day while I'm awake, I feel great!

GTKY:  
    What did you think you would grow out of but haven’t? I don't know, being late? You would think that as an adult I would be able to manage getting places on time, but nope. And it usually has nothing to do with my kid.
  • @sparklingdiamond criminal minds definitely has something to do with my fear too lol. DH thinks it's hilarious my fear, last week while showering in a stand up glass  shower in a bathroom that the door doesn't shut easily so I just leave it cracked, he came in and just stood there washing until I opened my eyes from rinsing my hair and said hi. I totally freaked! I've also made a friend come over to hang out for the sole purpose of being a shower while dh is away and I have a fear of someone killing me in the shower.

I must really seem like a looney scaredy cat, I swear I'm not as long as I'm not alone at night lol. 
  • @sparklingdiamond DS asked my uncle to help the baby come out on Saturday.  He's getting impatient.  I think I am going to make him a countdown so he can have more of an idea about how long it is going to be.

@GeekBeagle have fun tonight!
  • @mileswithmyles, when we were 5 months pregnant with the twins, my sil had a baby. We went to visit in the hospital and her 5 year old son saw me and asked where the twins were. We had to explain that just because mommy had her baby didn't mean auntie had her babies. It was one of the cutest things ever. And a month before that we were on vacation together, he asked why I was so sleepy. I said "your cousins kept me up asked night". He then told me to just "tell them to sleep in another room, you need your sleep". Thanks bud!
    I am jealous your son is old enough to make cute moments like that! That's a small part of me that regrets having babies so close together. 
  • @suchaglencoco You aren't alone. I use my doppler everyday. That will probably continue until I'm feeling movement regularly....
    @mileswithmyles Your poor friend... that is terrifying. :( 
    @jhysmath I don't know much about the situation because she wasn't a close friend. But an acquaintance had a very large fibroid with her baby, the baby was delivered fine and after delivery she had surgery to remove the fibroid. Everything worked out in her case. I hope you get some answers soon.
    @callthemw Occasionally throughout the day I'll get dizzy randomly when standing but it isn't a constant thing.
    @babys_2018 I feed the doppler addiction. Also ditto to the loss threads. :( So sad.
    @sparklingdiamond I am so glad to hear you are feeling encouraged. :)
    @GeekBeagle Hope you had fun at mom's night! Sounds like a needed night out.

How far along are you?

16 weeks

AS 12/4 and follow-up appt 12/7

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Rave: Time has been going kind of quickly which is nice and I haven't had as much time to be nervous. Rant: I have fallen so behind on the board this week and I think it's just gonna be that way until for the next few weeks. We are moving houses, etc. I'm lurking, love titting, and commenting when I can!

How are you doing? 
    No complaints. I feel pretty good. I will probably get a little nervous the closer we get to the anatomy scan.

GTKY:  

Oh gosh. Probably a lot but of course I can't think of anything right now. Poop jokes? 
  • @rachelg777 good luck with moving!

@abhphilly yay for working out!