January 2018 Moms

Wednesday Ticker Change 11/15

Happy Wednesday, ladies!

1) How far along are you? How big is baby?
2) How are you feeling?
3) Any appointments this week/last?
4) How are baby preparations going?
5) Rants/Raves/Questions?
6) GTKY: What are your Thanksgiving plans? How are you feeling about them?

BabyFruit Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Wednesday Ticker Change 11/15

• 1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 31 weeks! Pineapple (ouch)

2) How are you feeling? 
    My lower back, inner thigh pain has really amped up this week. Heartburn seems to be slightly more under control. But I've been STARVING. I ate FOUR sandwiches for dinner the other night and was still hungry! What is wrong with me??

Not until after Thanksgiving! At my last appointment the dr said I needed to schedule the next for 2-4 weeks, so obviously I went with 4 haha. I want to take all the time I can before I have to go constantly. 

They're okay. We really need to start doing more. But my sister came this past weekend and returned the co-sleeper, lent us her swing, and brought some other odds and ends. She had a ton of leftover newborn and size 1 diapers so that will be helpful. 

I don't know if this is a rant or a rave, but I cannot believe that the holidays are here!! How did that even happen? These babies will be here before we know it. 

We will be spending Thanksgiving at my MIL's house then the rest of the weekend at my parents' house. All my sisters and nephews will be in Saturday for a second Thanksgiving meal. I'm really excited and happy with how the plans turned out. 

BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1) How far along are you? How big is baby?
    31 weeks, baby is the size of a football 
    2) How are you feeling?
    Good for the past two days, but about once or twice a week i get a hormone surge which kills me every time - tired, can't sleep, sweating/always hot, tight/uncomfortable stomach, not hungry, bloated.....Yuck!
    Had one last week, did the NST (which went well), and have one next week to do an ultrasound. I also have a meeting set up on Friday to speak to the dietitian/nutritionist so that's good. 
    It's alright. Of course, if i have this baby any time soon i'd be making a HUGE purchase off my registry since i need almost everything still on there (about 95% unpurchased). I had one work shower, but they bought me a group gift of things not on my registry, and i have another work shower next week, so not sure if any essentials will get bought then either. Looks like i'll be making some huge Black Friday purchases! haha
    Rave: Going to see Hamilton on Friday night, very excited :) 
    It looks like my brother is going to cook Thanksgiving dinner at my parent's house. Since i have gestational diabetes, i plan on just eating turkey and gravy, some veggies, and some salad. Maybe a bite of potatoes or a bite of dessert :) 

• Loading the player...
    32 weeks- squash 

2) How are you feeling?
    tons of BH

had one on Friday. Pretty routine but also had my cervix checked bc I’ve been having a lot of pressure there (still closed) but discovered baby is breech and his butt is causing all the pressure. He still has time to flip and I hope he does soon since his position is uncomfortable 

just need to stock up on some diapers and we are good to go. Need to set up the pack n play/bassinet in our bedroom and pack hospital bags at some point soon 

getting excited to meet this little guy soon!

original plan was to go to my dad’s lake house 5hrs away but my OB nixed that idea since the closest hospital with a L&D is 2.5hrs away so I plan on cooking a small Thanksgiving dinner for the hubby, toddler and I and enjoying a relaxing 4 day weekend. I can’t wait! 
    33 weeks, he’s a pineapple
    2) How are you feeling?
    I’m still feeling good, some heartburn (I woke up 2 nights ago and felt like I was going to throw up), I’m getting my butt kicked by tiredness and some general uncomfortableness, but it feels super minor still compared to what I know other people are going through at this point!
    yesterday was my biweekly, nothing surprising, he’s head down (which I assumed bc all the kicks I’m feeling are up in my ribs). We discussed stretching the perinineum with massage which sounds like an impossible feat since I can barely sit up straight without my stomach getting in the way lol. I informed DH he would probably be doing that when the time comes. 
    The painters are done in the nursery, so now it’s just a matter of getting pictures on the wall, and figuring out where to put all the stuff I’ve been shoving in there to “deal w later”. 
    This week the main goal is to purge our storage room/put up shelves to organize what we have left and set up a pickup with Salvation Army. 
    We have our all day birth class on Saturday and then are going to see Waitress on Sunday, I’m excited for this weekend! 
    We’ll do our usual Thanksgiving week stuff. We do “Friendsgiving” with my bffs/their spouses on the day before, this year it’s dinner at Melting Pot and game night after. Thanksgiving we go to DH’s extended family for food and then down to the Plaza for the lighting ceremony. It’s a big KC tradition, but I’m really not sure if I’ll be up for it this year. It’s a lot of standing and pushing through crowds and unless our friend group is going I’m not sure I’ll have the energy to deal with it this year.
    Then Saturday is my last baby shower! 2 of my bffs live out of town so they scheduled it for a time they’d already be in town. I took M-W off work the week after Thanksgiving so I can hopefully organize our shower stuff and the massive amount of hand me down clothes we’ve been gifted by friends. 
    We essentially have to have the house ready for baby the week before Christmas (my extended family is staying with us for Christmas so I  want it allllll done before they come) so we’re totally in crunch time now! 

Together Let Us Seek the Heights

33 weeks, celery?
    2) How are you feeling?
    Ok. I’m exhausted and stressed from work.
    None this week 
    Nursery will be done this weekend! Can’t wait to show you all pics.
    I feel like this baby is coming early and I’m so not ready but on the other hand I can’t wait to meet her.
    Feeling excited. A lot of family time planned, food, shopping. DHs Birthday, my grandmothers 80th birthday. Appt with my OB next week and also with my doula. I’m off the whole week and can’t wait. I plan to go through DSs baby clothes on Monday and I also plan to nap!