January 2018 Moms

Re: WTF Wednesday

• Options
    My toddler has croup...he's had a fever on & off since Saturday night. He was fever free ALL DAY yesterday so we were going to send him to daycare today but he woke up at 230 this am with a fever and has been awake since. My parents usually watch him when he's sick but they're out of town (he always gets sick when they're gone) so my husband and I are trying to tag team him (luckily we can both work from home)...first world problems, I know, but it has been a LONG week already!
    <3
    EDD: 1/28/2018
    Eli: 10/14/2014

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    +1 for a sick toddler- coughing, mucus-y stuff in his lungs and a slight fever. 

My WTF goes to me. Went out with the hubby last night and ate spicy curry. It was soooo good but now I’m paying for it today with some very unpleasant stomach issues. Booooo!  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sorry about the sick toddlers. Never fun.

WTF to boss being bored, so wanting to come in my office and micromanage when I have a meeting at 12:30.
  • Options
    WTF to me. I have no idea when I washed my hair last. bahaha. I've showered everyday but my hair... it might be almost 2 weeks. I'm a hot mess. In all truth I think it's been about a week and a half. Ugh.

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @auntieraindrop that is one of my favorite scenes from Monty Python! You just made my day. My class last night was more everyone was dressed in sweats, t-shirts, and leggings while I had rushed from work (unexpectedly had to stay late) and was in business casual. I was so jealous of everyone else.
  • Options
    @auntieraindrop @kelk5 - I had every intention of dressing cute and actually doing my hair and make up since we had our first class today but I decided this morning my bed was just too comfortable so I'm looking pretty rough (thankfully my office is super casual). Luckily there were only 2 other couples in the class and only one of those girls was dressed up so I didn't feel as bad then.
  • Options
    This is more of a WTF Wed and happened yesterday but since it's Thursday I'll post it here. 

Painters totally messed up the color of one of the rooms. It was supposed to be a medium neutral blue called Indigo Batik and at 9:45 pm last night I walked into a room that was more of a dark purplish navy. It looked almost black without the lights on. It still looked good because of our white trim but was so much darker than I had selected. The painter already switched paint brands without consulting me. I let that go because the brand they switched to had good reviews and all the colors had matched the swatches so far. DH talked to them this morning and they got new paint, it looks closer but we'll see when it dries with two coats.

We usually paint ourselves but decided to hire because DH is in grad school plus working full time, I'm preggars, and we are doing the entire house minus closets and the garage. I don't want to hire again, too much of a headache to get what you want.

The new color they got but with one coat and not dry yet.

Swatch next to what they painted

• Options
    Sorry ladies, sick babies are the worst.

My WTF goes out to my mom. I told her about how much pain I was in after I overdid it this weekend. I mentioned that I don't think it's a good idea for me to take DD to the park by myself anymore. To much bending and lifting of the 26 lb child. She said "Oh you should, don't you want to be in shape for delivery?"
    Um WTF? First off I pushed myself too much while pregnant with DD and ended up with severe SPD and could barely walk after 33 weeka. Second, I've done this before and trust my body to do it again even if I'm not still running 3 miles multiple times a week!
  • Options
    @maueraa07 haha I was thinking the same thing but I didn't have the heart to say it! 

@auntieraindrop @scatteringashes I'm right there with you...I try so hard most days but today was just a fail...2 pieces of pizza and a cupcake for lunch...I may or may not grab a second cupcake...I'm so hungry all. the. time.

• Options
    @kelk5 I definitely thought it was Thursday when I woke up too! 
  • Options
    WTF to my work's Leave of Absence department. I requested paper work for my LOA and got it yesterday evening. They want all paper work, including the paper work to be completed by 11/27. I literally have 14 days to get it completed. My doctor's office requires 30 days to fill out paper work. No matter what I could have done, the math does not add up. So now I'm panicking because a) my next doctor's appt isn't until this coming Monday, so I to figure out how to get them the paper work asap and b) it is a holiday week next week so there is no way the doctor's office will fill out the paper work on time, so even asking them to be speedy won't help... I am serious at a loss of what to do. If my LOA is denied due to this, I'm gonna be pissed.   
  • Options
    @auntieraindrop I just spit out my water at your Monty Pyton reference. Thank you for the much-needed laugh! I also looked like garbage when we did our birth class last time. It was at 8am though, I didn't have the energy to do my hair or dress cute!! That ish is for overachievers.
  • Options
    @sbishop426 that is terrible!!  We have the same set up here and I'm banking on their Pasta Bar tomorrow (their alfredo is to die for!) If I show up tomorrow and they don't have it I will be in the same boat as you.  It's super depressing when you get your mind set on a certain food and them tell you it's not available, in general, but as a pregnant, hormonal, craving, person...it's like the end of the world to me.  And food makes me happier too so I totally it would have made your day better.  Currently, this diet coke from sonic from a coworker is making my day awesome!
  • Options
    @sbishop426 Our cafeteria does that all. the. time. I'm vegetarian and there's nothing more disappointing than heading down in the mood for the advertised soup only to find they did a switch and made two meat soups instead. They don't even publish a menu for Fridays, it's just whatever they have & feel like making.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Jan 18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies

• Options
    Add me to the over work train. My boss and her boss get my wtf today. Over 90% of my office hasn't been here over a year..I've been here 5 years, so to say the least there is a lot of training that needs to get done STAT. But instead, they've given me all these crazy over lapping deadlines in fear that I may go into labor early...what they don't realize is all the stress will end up doing just that! Ugh to work and praise the Lord for a short week next week.
  • Options
    My WTF goes to me. Specifically my pregnant belly. I’ve been crampy today anytime I try and bend over, or stretch or think about moving too much. Over. It. The pain goes away pretty much as soon as I stop whatever motion triggered it but it’s annoying as f*ck. 

Together Let Us Seek the Heights

• Options
    @kelk5
    I'm sorry, I can relate to that.  Almost all of my patients were very sweet about the maternity leave, but some were very upset about the fact that I would have to have doctor's appointments leading up to the day.  Sorry? We even have coverage.

• Options
    @kelk5 that stinks I'm sorry. All of kids' families I work with have been super supportive so far. What our clinic also does is have who will be covering for in sessions with me for 3 weeks or so before I have the baby. Hopefully to help build rapport and get the families comfortable too.
  • Options
    @supercoolstephy high-five for being fresh and clean! Last time I shaved my vajayjay I couldn't see everywhere so I'm sure I missed spots but oh well don't care as long as I don't cut myself

@Dani0329 let's just go Dr. House on them

• Options
    @supercoolstephy @kelk5 I tried shaving my hoo-ha the other day and it was so bad that I had DH do it for me LOL...no boundaries

• Options
    @ambodt22 lol, that's awesome. I may get to that point too. I've also thought about getting a shaving mirror for in the shower.
  • Options
    @supercoolstephy I went and just got waxed bc I can’t see it and I’m pretty sure I’ll cut myself. I do t think waxing is pleasant under normal circumstances but it’s *really* not pleasant at this stage in the game. 
    I have another one scheduled for 6 weeks out that will put me right before delivery though, so it wasn’t world ending bad. 

Together Let Us Seek the Heights

• Options
    @JuliaGoolia719 I've heard that waxing while pregnant is more painful. I did find that to be true with my eye brows. But I just don't care enough to even consider my hooha. I can't see it so it doesn't bother me lol ;)
  • Options
    @JuliaGoolia719 I had one during my last pregnancy. It was pretty effing miserable. I will never do it again while pregnant. Although, I tried using little scissors to trim and I cut myself, so I think I'm just done. I really only care about it for PP, so maybe once this belly is out my way I'll be able to bend over and clear things out. haha

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Right before our vaca last month I sat down with a large towel in front of our floor length mirror in order to attempt clearing the bushes...once that ordeal was over I informed DH it was his chore going forward!

On a similar but separate note...has anyone taken a mirror to themselves lately?! I don't even recognize myself down there!
  • Options
    @maueraa07 oh man, I haven't been thinking that far in advance. And I'm guessing it never really goes back to normal??
  • Options
    The last time I groomed I failed miserably! Cut myself so many times! But also, I don't trust DH to do it for me haha so I'll just keep up the half-assed attempts! 
    @TInman87 YES. I think I look every night then proceed to whine about it to DH. It looks so bad to me! Probably due to the unsightly varicose veins that's now call my hooha home  :s
  • Options
    @TInman87 I think it depends on your delivery, but I ended up with an episiotomy so I'm scarred a bit, and I think a smidge crooked haha
    BabyFruit Ticker