January 2018 Moms

MoMs (Mothers of Multiples) weekly check-in - 11/14

How far along are you? What size are the babies?

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go? 

How are you feeling? 

What rants/raves/questions/advice? 

QOTW: What is left to do to get ready for the babies? (How is the nursery/registry coming along, etc?)

Re: MoMs (Mothers of Multiples) weekly check-in - 11/14

• caseyw8784caseyw8784 member
    edited November 2017
    How far along are you? What size are the babies?
    29w5d, and the twins are about the size of an acorn squash.

I have one on Thursday. There will be a BPP on baby boy since his amniotic fluid was slightly on the high end, and then regular appt with my OB

How are you feeling? 
    Tired and uncomfortable. Heartburn is still around. I think I'm having BH contractions, but its hard to tell cause when one of the babies moves, everything seems to tighten up, but beither hurts. All around general soreness sucks, and my OB told me to get one of those belly support bands, and so far it actually is helping. (PITA when you have to use the restroom and have to unvelcro it and stuff every 30 min! :lol: ) "Officially" have moved to the easy chair/recliner in the family to sleep in - more comfortable with all the cushions and easier to get in/out of!

Sorry if TMI, but had a small amount of pale yellow/brown discharge today, and when i wiped there was a nickel-sized thing of mucus. From what I've read (and seen) online, the mucus plug is usually a lot larger than that, but is this something I should call my OB about today, or do you think I can wait until my appt on Thursday? (No contractions, blood, or pain present at the moment.) Is losing the mucus plug an indication of *immediate* labor, etc? (At my last appointment last week, my cervical length was still over 3 and cervix was closed and high...so I figure that there's nothing to worry about, but my overactive imagination is bored...can things really change that much within a couple days?)

QOTW: What is left to do to get ready for the babies? (How is the nursery/registry coming along, etc?)
    The nursery has everything in there, we just need to arrange it how we want it once we get rid of the nightstand and queen sided guest bed after DH's parents leave after Thanksgiving. I've started to wash all the clothes we have and organize by size, and have started putting some stuff in the dresser (items that will be needed for the diaper station, some first-aid stuff, some of the NB and 0-3 sized clothes, etc)

How else is everyone planning on organizing the dresser? Will you have enough clothes to fill all the drawers? Will you be putting other items in the bottom drawers? (ie sleep sacks, swaddle blankets, bibs/burp clothes, etc?)

My quasi-OCD about wanting everything completely done before the holidays is making me a bit stressed. My MIL (I do love this woman, but she lives 5 hours away) wants to take us shopping while DH's family up for thanksgiving....and OF COURSE she is insisting on going on Black Friday, ugh...(hopefully Buy Buy Baby won't be a mad house like other stores? FX) so she told us not to buy anything that's on our list of "things we need to buy soon/asap." It's a little frustrating cause there's things that we want to get done now, like install the car seat bases (and we still need to buy 2 for DH's car) or put together and get familiar with things like the stroller, which MIL's group of friends have generously offered to get for us (yay!), but they won't be buying it until AFTER the twins are born (old school jewish superstition that DH's family and community still believes in and such), so who knows when it will physically arriving. Also, MIL isn't answering DH when he was inquiring if this group of friends will be getting JUST the stroller, or the second seat kit as well, or any of the accessories with it, etc, cause then he and I could at least be prepared and get those ahead of time so everything will be ready for the stroller to be able to carry BOTH of the twins...lol.
  • How far along are you? What size are the babies?
    23+5 they are 2 bunches of grapes!
    No appointments until next week. 
    How are you feeling? 
    Uncomfortable and tired.
    Not at the moment. 
    Cleaning, washing baby clothes and putting them out. Getting divider for crib and the rest of the stuff from registry we need.

@caseyw8784 if the mucus plug was blood tinged then labor could be near. If it wasn't you could lose more weeks later and still not be in labor. As long as you are having no contractions or menstrual cramps( i heard that with preterm labor they can feel like just typical menstrual cramps) i think waiting until Thursday would be ok.
  • Loading the player...

31 weeks with mo/di twin boys !! They are Asparagus’s lol

I had a another doctor apt yesterday to check blood flow etc . Everything looks good fluid is back down , they will do a growth scan on Tuesday and start my NST . If everything looks good then I will go back to my normal OB until I give birth !! The U/S tech that I have next Tuesday is the best one and always catches issues ( he was the only one who noticed my cervix issue) and put me in the hospital so although I’m super glad it was caught so we could manage it and most likely the only reason I am still pregnant , I am also nervous I may be admitted after my apt on Tuesday . It’s selfish but I would be sooo sad since I would miss Thanksgiving with the family 2 days later . I love the Holidays and I I have a huge family to Thanksgiving dinner easily sits 20 on my side and 15 on DH side and it my favorite . But if it’s where I need to be I will send DH and DD so she she doesn’t miss out on playing with all her cousins etc . 
    How are you feeling? 

Sooo uncomfortable !! Holy crap yesterday I had a doctors apt and by the time I got home I felt like I was going to die . My pelvis is screaming , it hurts to move and baby B loves to have his little toes in my ribs . Thank goodness we are getting 2 for the price of 1 ladies!! 

Nothing really . I have just been really emotional lately . I have been having a lot more contractions and almost had DH take me in on 2 separate occasions so far due to the contractions . I’m just damned if I do and damned if I don’t . If I go into labor and have the boys I will get to come home to my little girl , but have to leave 2 kids in the hospital , but if they try to stop it and admit me then I have to leave my little girl to try and protect the boys . Ugh . So I have been trying to push hard to stay as horizontal as possible to try and keep them in for as long as possible at home . I just ordered all the seasons of orange is the new black , anyone every watched this ? I have o let herd about it but thought I would give it a shot . 

hmm I bought some preemie swaddlemes so that’s good . My lovely sister is coming over Saturday to wash all the hand me downs and help me organize what all I have to see if I need anything else .. out of 3 other sisters , there are 4 older boys. So all of them have given me their clothes and I just keep shoving them in the basement so I don’t have to see them , but now that they could be here literally any day I better figure out how many preemie clothes I have , nb etc so if I need some more I can send the amazon gods . Sorry this is really long today haha 
  • @caseyw8784 I think you are fine until tomorrow’s but def . Bring it up . Any change is discharge etc means that your cervix is indeed changing but it doesn’t mean you will go right now or you are in labor . I am guessing they will want to measure your cervix again mainly to make sure nothing has changed drastically . Mine went from a 4.0 to below a 1 in less then 2 weeks with no explanation . The us tech claimed it was back to 2.8-3 yesterday but again I can’t see how that happens , maybe a bad measurement ?? Who knows.

@momma6angels11 hang in there we all feel the same !! So much washing clothes , glad my sister is the OCD one and more then happy to come organize because it’s not my gig 
    32w6d - they are the size of a Florida Pomelo
    Appointment with the OB tomorrow prob just another belly measurement / seeing how I'm doing, MFM on Monday - will be my first stress test.

How are you feeling? 
    DONE. SO. FREAKING. DONE. I started itching on my belly on Saturday... a little more Sunday... still more Monday.. woke up yesterday to some red bumps woke up this morning FULL BLOWN PUPPP RASH all over my belly and now its spreading to my arms. I AM SO UNCOMFORTABLE.

Just this PUPPP rash - I WANT IT GONE. Also - my Mom keeps trying to guilt me to going to my sisters for Thanksgiving - she lives 6 hours away. I understand she's sad we won't be with them for Thanksgiving but shes SO CONVINCED that I will go to 38 weeks that she thinks I can just come down (34wks hits on thanksgiving). She just thinks the car ride would be uncomfortable for me but I would be fine otherwise. uhh, yeah so then when I DO go into Labor at my sisters house am no where near my doctor or hospital and have to deliver and have babies in the NICU, what are you going to do? yeah, no thanks. Add to that that I'm not really sleeping and up all night itching... ugggh

we mostly finished the nursery over the weekend (I posted in the FB group..) just need a nightstand - the only thing we really need to purchase besides that is a baby monitor, but DH is in no rush for that since we won't need it immediately (they will be sleeping in our room...)
  • @ecolton01 and @momma6angels11 - thanks, ladies! i figured the same, since there were no contractions, etc, but hearing other opinions is reassuring for me lol. 

@Mudge85 - oh no! PUPPP rashes suck! DH's cousin who just had twins had a really bad case of it and the doctor prescribed her steroid cream...have you talked to your doctor yet about how to treat it/abate the itchiness?

It sucks when family tries to guilt trip us into long-ass trips, especially when we are all in the early-mid 30-weeks...DH and I decided early on that we weren't going to either family (one is 5 hours away on Long Island, the other is 3-4 hours away in upstate NY) Luckily most of the family has been understanding (at least, to our faces they say they understand) but I think I'm the one most upset about not getting to celebrate the holidays with family! 
  • @Mudge85 I’m soooo sorry that’s terrible!!! Your off work now right ? And I would absolutely 100% not drive 6 hrs away that’s insane . Luckily my sister lives maybe 15 min from us , and it’s 15 min closer to the doctor / hospital . We live over an hr away and DH is actually starting to freak out a little that we need to move into my moms who is 15 min away from the hospital but I’m just so comfortable at home even though I know it’s a risk being so far away . We live in the middle of no where on 35 acres so even if I called 911 it would be volunteers in an ambulance that would probably take at least an hr to get here lol . We are doing family Christmas dec 3 rd at my request at my other sisters house who literally lives 5 min from the hospital so I got lucky . Oh and not to mention I would DIE 6 hrs in the car I would be sooo uncomfortable !! I am miserable going to my doctors apt which is a little over an hr each way with a break in The middle 
  • Mudge85Mudge85 member
    edited November 2017

@ecolton01 - sadly I'm not off work.. I was suppose to start some work from home next week however my boss has been out of the country all this week so I took it upon myself to work from home yesterday and will be tomorrow and Friday. I ended up leaving at 3:15 today because I needed to drive 25 minutes to get the soap my doctor told me helps. There was only ONE place in the ENTIRE Northern Virginia / DC Area that I could find that carried it and you bet your buttons I was going there to get it today. So I'm currently sitting at my work computer counting down the minutes until I can go shower with this soap. ugh.  AH! I luckily live about 10 minutes from my hospital but OMG 35 acres would be AMAZING!!! That's just not a possibility here and we are here for quite a bit longer due to DH's job - Govt contractor. So yeah, needless to say it will just be me and DH for thanksgiving... I go back to my OB tomorrow and am really hoping he'll give me something else to get rid of the itching or at least tell me he wont make me go past a certain point - I know of other people who have been induced around 35-36 wks as long as its safe and the babies are healthy - because of PUPPPS.

Edit: Typos

• Hey y'all!

I'm 33&1 today! Babies are a couple pineapples. They were 4lb7oz and 4lb14oz last week, so I'm betting we're close to 5 lbs each today.

I saw MFM yesterday just to check fluid levels, which are good, and both babies are practice breathing. I have a sense that if they were to arrive this week, they'd probably be all right. But I'm asking them to hold out at least two more weeks, to feel a little more secure. I see my OB tomorrow.

I'm feeling pretty freaking uncomfortable. I'm so glad I'm off work (I could not manage otherwise). My back aches when I sit in my recliner, and my hips ache when I lie down. I've outgrown my belly support band, and can't walk far.

I'm also annoyed at what I have to do to manage my gestational diabetes, but it's solidly diet-controlled. So that's good.

QOTD-- I think we've got most things. We have a ton of gifted and hand-me-down clothes. We probably need a few medical things (butt thermometer, snot sucker), but we might hit up Target this afternoon. People have been really generous to us.  But the nursery isn't set up-- babies will share a crib in our room to start, and move to nursery and 2nd crib when they can roll over. Until then, we might keep the guest bed set up in there, in case we decide to sleep in shifts.

@Mudge85 There's no way I could ride in a car that long. I can barely ride for 20 minutes. My parents are 45 minutes away, and for the first time, they're coming here for Thanksgiving, just because I can't deal with that car ride. And we're only cooking turkey-- they'll bring everything else.

@ecolton01I watched and really enjoyed OITNB for a while. Then I heard that one of my favorite characters was going to die, so I just stopped. I've been too hormonal from TTC/infertility, and then too hormonal from being pregnant, to watch! But it's a good show. Lots of sex, cussing, etc.-- grown up stuff, that you should enjoy now before you're stuck with endless Daniel Tiger!
    Me- 39 (turning 40 in April), TTC for the first time ever (since Jan 2015), low ovarian reserve
    Married 3/14/14 to my wonderful wife, but her sperm count is rather low
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science

7 IUIs, 7 BFNs.
    2 IVF attempts, both cancelled and converted to IUI, both BFNs.
    Decided that my tired old ovaries are ready to retire.
    Next step- reciprocal IVF, using my wife's eggs, my uterus!  
    fresh 5 day transfer (2 embryos) 4/17/17- BFP! 
    Identical twins "due" 1/2/17 (but anticipated arrival sometime December)

• Just got back from my OB appointment so figured I'd give a quick update. All went well today - just a belly check again - she said they usually don't start checking your cervix until 35w3d and I'll be 35 wks at my next appointment so I'm hoping they will just check then. I only gained 1lb which they were fine with considering I gained 14 last appointment. As for the PUPPPs she said they don't like to induce early - if anything they would induce at 37 weeks. I don't know that I can last 4 more weeks like this. I'm already to the point of tears. She did say that if they tried to come today she would try to stop labor. She would ideally like me to get to 35 weeks and then she wouldn't try to stop it. So I'm hoping two more weeks is what we're looking at. I know people have much worse situations so I should just shut up and be happy but OMG the itching. She also didn't want to put me on anything for it because I've had adverse reactions when not pregnant to prednisone and that's typically what they prescribe.

@caseyw8784 the only thing she told me to do to help with the itching is Pine Tar Soap or Aveno Oatmeal baths and benadryl... she said they are temporary relief but it's better than nothing.

• @Mudge85 how did your first NST go today?
  • @momma6angels11 - it went well! we passed in about 25 minutes which was great - then we went down to the ultrasound portion and got to see the VERY SQUISHED babies!! Poor baby A is constantly being crowded by Baby B. We did find out some great/exciting news though - They are BOTH over 5lbs!!! 5lbs 4oz and 5lbs 5oz. If they were singletons they would be in the 76th percentile and there isn't a separate growth curve for twins so she was INCREDIBLY Happy! She did agree to induce me at 37 weeks (THANK GOD) I have had a few high blood pressure readings in the office and even though its not high per-say, include the horrendous case of PUPPs I'm dealing with (She said it was one of the worst she's seen... I can't do anything small) she said she would justify it with the high blood pressure. So 34 weeks is Thursday so it looks like A MAX of 3 wks 2 days!!!!!!!! <3 WOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!

thank you for checking in on me :)