March 2018 Moms

GTKY: Did I just Google that?

What are your weirdest/craziest pregnancy related Google searches? 

Me: 30 H: 30
Dx: PCOS
Married: June 2013
TTC#1: January 2015
BFP #1 8/24/15 | MC 9/3/15 at 6w2d
BFP #2: 12/12/15 | DD born 8/29/16
TTC#2: June 2017
BFP #3: 7/15/17 | DS born 3/20/18

Re: GTKY: Did I just Google that?

• Loading the player...
  • @npkat yes, how bit is uterus? I google that like, every two to three weeks!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @fatstagnation I've been getting some workout stuff at Target.  I like the leggings they have right now.  
  • "when is the earliest you would feel Braxton Hicks?'  Pretty sure I've been getting some.
  • " What do Braxton Hicks feel like?" 
    "Does pregnancy cause knee pain without previous knee problems?" 
    "Can the baby squash my lungs?" (it feels like they are being lightly squashed right now)

I'm also now googling the sunny side up question. 
    Me: 36    DH: 37
    Married: 5.27.16
    Baby Boy Due: 3.18.18
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• @ksmwalters The risks are that the head can get stuck on the pubic bone which increases the chances of c-section, or need for assistive devices like vacuum to deliver. But then some can deliver just fine that way. Apparently back labor is horrible when they are positioned this way though.
  • @npkat Yeah, from what my BFF told me it was awful back labor. She also had to have pitocin so that made things worse. From my understanding it also means you'll have to push way longer if you don't wind up getting a c-section. She pushed for over 3 hours before her daughter was born. (Also had a complete tear and bled so much she filled out some form about maternal mortality and blood loss. Basically the doctors implied she wouldn't have made it 40 years ago. She had a c-section for her second.)
  • @antoto you could totally already be feeling them. I’ve been getting them since about 14 weeks. You probably already know this from googling but if you feel more than six in an hour and water/changing position doesn’t help stop them, call your doctor or head to labor/delivery. 
  • @npkat *goes to google what back labor is*

I have been googling anything and everything about anterior placentas - movement, possible side effects during labor, etc

I also googled several variations of "bratwursts near me" over the weekend because I was dying for one and didn't know where to go. 
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married: May 2008
    DD Born: March 2018
    DS Born: April 2019
    Due with #3 December 2020!
  • @ShawnnaO I think I got my crazy pregnancy Google searches out of the way during my first pregnancy and now pretty much Google about DD - so I'm with you.

@JBcakes08 You must not be in WI - there are brats everywhere.  Hope you found one!

HappyMonkey817 @bettyvonsomethingstein And now I had to have a tuna sub for dinner.  I blame both of you.  (I also Googled how much tuna during pregnancy - it wasn't a craving last time around.)
    Me: 30 H: 30
    Dx: PCOS
    Married: June 2013
    TTC#1: January 2015
    BFP #1 8/24/15 | MC 9/3/15 at 6w2d
    BFP #2: 12/12/15 | DD born 8/29/16
    TTC#2: June 2017
    BFP #3: 7/15/17 | DS born 3/20/18
  • npkat said:
    @ksmwalters The risks are that the head can get stuck on the pubic bone which increases the chances of c-section, or need for assistive devices like vacuum to deliver. But then some can deliver just fine that way. Apparently back labor is horrible when they are positioned this way though.
    My first was 9lbs6oz and sunny side up... we needed forceps, and yes, back pain was a bia I asked for an epi way sooner than I thought I'd need one!
  • Today I googled cloudy urine while pregnant. Turns out it's common...
  • @ksmwalters I pretty much Google everything pg related and end it with "tilted uterus". Also recently Googled best maternity classes in my area, reviews on my daycare options and cute pajamas. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Most recently I googled how to use KT tape while pregnant... but that’s probably not crazy. 

Last night I stopped myself before googling “my bump is so itchy” ((spoiler alert: I’ve googled that before and it is a dangerous rabbit hole))

Ps, spinning babies worked for me with DS. 
  • Was googling all sorts of paranoid stuff yesterday when I came down with a stomach bug. Luckily seems like a relatively mild one, tho I took today off to keep resting.
  • @baybeesunflower I have cloudy urine all the time and I’m always trying to chug water and haven’t had a UTI. You’re not alone! 

@becausescience no, I wish! I’m in STL. I went to a pub and ordered their bratwurst and it was terrible. Tasted like an apple flavored hot dog. The craving continues. 

@stlbuckeye132 oh no, I hope it’s nothing serious! Do you ever get tonsil stones? I’m a dental hygienist and I see that pretty often. 
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married: May 2008
    DD Born: March 2018
    DS Born: April 2019
    Due with #3 December 2020!
  • I REALLY wanted a tuna sub this past weekend and was too lazy to go to the subway 5 mins away so I'm still craving it, I might guilt DH into going to get one for me tonight...
  • A tuna a mayo sandwich sounds delicious right now 
  • @livingthedream-3 I made homemade tuna casserole the other week. Much to MH’s disgust...
  • @ksmwalters @stlbuckeye132

Random, but the "baby doing Roomba rodeo" video currently circulating on social media is another positive reason to invest in one. :p 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5085163/Adorable-footage-baby-doing-Roomba-Rodeo.html 
  • No crazy google searches this pregnancy yet (had plenty the first time around though) but all of you talking about tuna are grossing me out lol. Other than @mdfarmchick because I do love tuna noodle casserole... but sandwiches and tuna helper nooo thank you lol!!! So funny so many of you are craving that!