March 2018 Moms
Options

Monday Ticker Change (11/13)

1. How many weeks are you? How big is baby?

2. How are you feeling?

3. Any appointments this week?

4. Rants, raves, questions.

5. GTKY: What is on the top of your list to prep for baby?

Re: Monday Ticker Change (11/13)

• Options
    1. How many weeks are you? How big is baby? 21, an endive - whatever that is?!

2. How are you feeling? 
    It's been a really stressful weekend. We've had some major health concerns going on with DH's mom which is really taking over our week. She is very stubborn and refusing to go to the doctor which has been very stressful. I'm experiencing a lot of Braxton hicks contractions and just trying to remain as calm as I can. Feeling kicks is very reassuring for my PGAL brain during this stress. Also my boobs started leaking last night and heartburn is strong in the evenings. 

Nope. 

4. Rants, raves, questions:
    I found out a LOT of stuff in the past 24 hours about my MIL's health. And it really irks me that no one told us anything. Without going into too many details, there are some major concerns about her cognition and safety. She is our primary caregiver for our 2 year old son on the rare occasion that I work (a few days a month). I can't believe that knowing she provides care for our child didn't indicate to anyone that we should be made aware that she has been passing out and being found unconscious over the past several months. I am half livid and half completely concerned for her safety. She won't be watching our son any longer by herself. And I'm so angry that no one told us this sooner.  

Well, we've done nothing so...lots lol Next month we are going to transition DS out of the toddler bed and into a regular single bed. That way we can convert his bed back into a crib and get the nursery set up again. So I guess making sure he's all set up in his new big boy room is my #1 priority before I can focus on setting up stuff for baby. 
  • Options
    npkatnpkat member
    edited November 2017
    21 weeks! baseball hat, baby bok choy, endive

2. How are you feeling?
    Great! A few aches and pains here and there, but nothing too bad. I think my body is just trying to adjust to the new changes in weight distribution and all (ie huge boobs and starting to finally grow belly)

Nope, next Monday

My sister in law is currently in labor! I am so excited to have a new little nephew and it'll be so fun to have our boys so close in age. 
    Another rave, I got a video last night of this sweet boy kicking me and you can see it from the outside. I sent it to my husband and he said, "that's pretty damn cool". haha This kid never stops moving!

Next on my list of things to accomplish is childcare and pediatrician. We are going to visit an in home day care today(was suppose to be Friday but she had to reschedule) that is right down the street from us. Praying it's a great fit and works out. For a pediatrician, I researched some around us. I am going to bring the list with me to my next appt and ask my OB if he knows any of them and go from there. Hoping to set up some meetings/tours with them in January. 

@justkeeptrying That is so scary about your mother in law and that she has been watching your son alone at times. You're definitely making the right choice of not leaving him alone with her anymore right now. I hope they can figure out her issues and get her back to her old self.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    1. How many weeks are you? How big is baby? 23 weeks, grapefruit. (Which I think seems smaller than a coconut, but whatever.)

2. How are you feeling?
    Heartburn is kicking my bum. And this fun sensation of having been kicked in the vagina after walking around for a little bit is just grand.

Nope, next Tuesday.
    I am wondering why I volunteered to help with my little cousins baby shower this weekend since I just want to sleep right now. 

Buy a new car seat for baby boy. Then stock up on diapers and wipes until the big day.
  • Options
    day38day38 member
    edited November 2017
    21 weeks today! Based on the above posts, that's an endive or pomegranate :-)
    2. How are you feeling?
    My hips are killing me, and I have insomnia about 1-2 times a week. Otherwise pretty good.
    Does chiropractor for my hips on Saturday count?
    I just started getting kicks that my husband can feel this weekend. He's really excited! I'm excited for it to get more frequent/pronounced so my son can feel it too.
    We have a very small house and it's 3 bedrooms. The 3rd bedroom is going to become this baby's room, but right now it's an office/overflow room of my son's toys. To the point where you can't walk through the room because there is stuff EVERYWHERE. It's causing me anxiety and I'm not normally an anxious person. I need to clean/organize it in the next month so we can at least get the current furniture out. Our basement is going to become more of an office/playroom so that needs to get organized too. There are toys down there as well. I think it boils down to we have too many toys (partly because my son didn't go to daycare until he was 2 so we needed toys/activities to keep him busy).

DS:
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnant with #2: 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I haven't posted in here for a long time, not sure I ever even posted in here after my DD was changed at my 8 week appointment?

@justkeeptrying: I'm so sorry to hear about your MIL's illness but, really, I can't believe they didn't tell you?! That's a pretty serious deal when caring for a toddler. You have a right to be angry aside from your concern for her health.
    @npkat: Eeeek! Hope all goes well for your SIL! Having cousins the same age was one of the best parts of growing up.
    @sassypants2010 : I thought the same thing about the grapefruit/coconuts! How odd! 
    @day38: Hooray for visible kicks!! It's so surreal to see the baby moving on the outside. 

23 weeks. Baby is in-my-ribs-when-I-sit-down big
    2. How are you feeling? Itchy! OMG the itchiness is driving me batty!
    No, 24 week check up and AS re-do next week
    Seriously, I can't take the itchiness anymore. I oil up twice a day and it doesn't help at all. It's miserable.
    This morning I made a list of the major purchases we need to make before baby gets here. I'm hoping to get at least 1-2 for a good deal on Black Friday or Cyber Monday.

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• Options
    @notthefather I have to do a re do on my AS also next week during my 24 week appointment due to baby boy not showing his heart or face. Good luck this round! 
  • Options
    @notthefather and @sassypants2010 I’ll be redoing my anatomy scan on Monday as well due to no face shots and he was measuring 90th percentile so they want to remeasure him too.