February 2018 Moms

Friday Ticker Change 11/10

1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 

2) How are you feeling, any new symptoms?

3) Any appointments this week?

4) Rants/Raves/Questions?

5) GTKY: Are you planning to do Black Friday shopping? What stores or deals are you scoping out?
kbrinks2

Re: Friday Ticker Change 11/10

• @wal2017  thanks for starting this!

1) How far along are you
    ? How big is baby? 
    26 weeks today! The size of kale. Where is the time going! 

Tones of pelvic pain. No matter If I'm sitting or standing. And headaches and migraines more often! 

I have my first OB appointment this coming Thursday. Hoping to have a follow up ultrasound soon to check on cysts that we're found at my 20 week ultrasound. 

My rant is not getting enough sleep! Between being pregnant and transitioning an almost 2 year old into a big boy bed is tiring 

5) GTKY: Are you planning to do Black Friday shopping? What stores or deals are you scoping out?
    I am Canadian so we totally piggy back off the America deals. We are hoping to find a cheaper iPad or something like that so our little guy can watch Netflix when we fly or take long road trips! Other than that I will check out stores but I'm not looking for anything in particular!
  • 1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 
    27 weeks- a head of cauliflower? Basically, 2 pounds and 14 inches (on average!)
    I feel pretty good- my belly is popping more and more.
    Still dealing with heartburn and charlie horses. But nothing too terrible!
    I have my glucose test next week.... fun
    Is anyone else ALWAYS waking up on her back? I cannot stay on my side for the life of me, despite reading how I should really avoid it.

We are remodeling so I'm crossing my fingers that home stores have discounts and we can get all the materials/items we need at a discount! Also, we still need a crib- so i'll be on the look out.

@kbrinks2 my sister got a kindle fire hd for her kiddos to watch shows in the car/play little games, etc. Its cheaper than an iPad but gets the job done and she relies on it when all else fails!
  • Loading the player...
  • @wal2017 I wake up on my back every night! Even though I start on my side. Im not sure how to stop myself from rolling in my sleep!

And I'll have to check out the kindle fire! Does it allow you to play Netflix?
  • 1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 26 weeks, size of kale or a butternut squash

2) How are you feeling, any new symptoms?  Feeling pretty good except for the heartburn. 

I had an appointment today and everything looked and sounded great. Going in for my glucose test on Tuesday.
    4) Rants/Raves/Questions?  Raves: Pregnancy pillow + maternity pajama pants have totally improved my sleep. I havent Slept this well in months! I also found out today that the pediatrician I want to use is in-network!! Rant: I thought DH and I had settled on a name, but I’m wavering on the middle name and DH is wavering on the first name. Back to the drawing board...

5) GTKY: Are you planning to do Black Friday shopping? What stores or deals are you scoping out?  I’m not a big fan of the crowds and stores. If there’s an online deal for furniture, etc. that I cant pass up, I’ll go for that.
  • Chawk17Chawk17 member
    edited November 2017

) How far along are you? How big is baby? 
    26w today size of kale.

I've had zero symptoms. Only way I know I'm pregnant is: growing belly, baby movement, and U/S

3) Any appointments this week? Nope. But Nov 28 I have the anticipated rhogam butt shot. 

4) Rants/Raves/Questions: none

GTKY: Are you planning to do Black Friday shopping? What stores or deals are you scoping out?
    Baby monitor and couches. A few years ago DH and I threw away all furniture in house. But with baby on way we need somewhere to sit.
  • @babybro218 my DH and I had both a girl and a boy name picked out for our first baby! We ended up switching both of the names about a month before we had the baby!! It stressed me out at the time but I am so glad we ended up switching! I love our little guys name now! 

@Chawk17 do you have to get the rhogam Shot in the butt? That sounds weird but I was able to get the shot in my arm with my first little guy!
    babybro218
  • @kbrinks2 yep it's going in the ol buttock. I was informed at 24 weeks when I went for glucose
  • Lol @Chawk17! I guess as long as you get it that's all that matters!
  • ) How far along are you? How big is baby? 24 weeks 5 days

2) How are you feeling, any new symptoms? It's been great so far, no symptoms.

3) Any appointments this week? Suppose to do glucose screening but nurse said it was too early and to do it at my next appt on the 27th

4) Rants/Raves/Questions? Nothing. Nursrry is completed so that's a rave. 

5) GTKY: Are you planning to do Black Friday shopping? What stores or deals are you scoping out? No black Friday. Currently work retail and will have to work . hubby starts new job Monday 

26 weeks, kale

good and n/a

Nope

rant- when I first announced I had 3 or 4 people offer to throw me showers. I was so worried about who to invite to all of them. Since then I haven't heard a peep from any of them. Like if I'm going to have one there is basically no time to plan it. And I feel weird being pushy to people who offered to do something nice for me. Maybe it's because I've had a very easy pregnancy so haven't felt like I can talk much about it? Idk it's really looking like I'm not gonna have one at this point and it makes me want to cry.

b/c of the above, I'm planning to take advantage and get the major things that are stressing me out. In-laws offered to buy a stroller, but no word as to what or when?? My parents offered to buy a car seat but again no word of what or when??? I will feel better if I get myself a travel system and a pack and play. If they do decide to get them I'm positive we will still use them. 
    babybro218
  • babybro218babybro218 member
    edited November 2017
    Chawk17 said:
    @kbrinks2 yep it's going in the ol buttock. I was informed at 24 weeks when I went for glucose
    It’s really not that bad. I’ve had it twice already and go back for #3 on the 28th, too.

ETA: the flu shot was 1000x worse
  • Chawk17 said:
    @kbrinks2 yep it's going in the ol buttock. I was informed at 24 weeks when I went for glucose
    It’s really not that bad. I’ve had it twice already and go back for #3 on the 28th, too.

That is good news. Thanks for letting me know. I hate needles. I'm  great with blood draws after infertility but shots are a different game. 
  • Chawk17 said:
    Chawk17 said:

That is good news. Thanks for letting me know. I hate needles. I'm  great with blood draws after infertility but shots are a different game. 
    If you had to do injections for IF, the Rhogam is NOTHING. And since it’s in your tush, you don’t have to watch at all.  
    kbrinks2
    27 weeks, size of a camping lamp 
    This is a TMI symptom but my labia feels swollen. Sort of like I’ve had something rub against it all day. Also, my glucose test showed I have mild anemia so I’m on an iron supplement and that messes up my stomach. 
    I had my 3 hour glucose test which I passed! 
    We have been painting the baby room this weekend and it sucks having a limited set of energy. I just can go for a little period of them and then rest cuz I feel awful if I push myself too hard. 
    5) GTKY: Are you planning to do Black Friday shopping? What stores or deals are you scoping out? I want a nice delivery bathrobe so hoping pink blush has a nice sale that day. I also am going to stalk Black Friday ads for some of the big items left on our list: baby monitor, halo bassinet, bottles, high chair. 

Anyone getting stuff from Ikea they have a coupon right now for $25 off of $150 purchase. DS has been using his changing table as a dresser. We are going to get him a real dresser and move the changing table into the baby room. A dresser is ~$200 cheaper than another changing table. 

Me: 33 DH: 31
    DS: 5 years old
    TTC #2 since August 2015
    July 2016: Testing cycle with 100 mg Clomid = BFN
    August 2016: 50 mg Clomid + IUI = BFN
    October 2016: IVF#1 - 13 retrieved / 12 mature /  9 fertilized / 2 blasts
    November 2016: FET#1 = chemical
    January 2017: FET#2 = chemical
    March 2017: IVF#2 - 18 retrieved / 18 mature / 16 fertilized / 5 blasts
    April 24, 2017: FET#3 - BFN
    May 24, 2017: FET#4 - BFP! - Beta #1 151 - Beta #2 503 - Due date 2/9/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    night_nurse
  • ***late because stuck in the nightshift fog 

-baby is 28 weeks this week!

-im feeling great! Just started noticing swollen ankles after a twelve hour shift, but it’s probably to be expected. Nothing crazy.

-1 hr glucose test and OB appointment on wednesday. FX

-we finally got the nursery painted so, that’s a rave. But like @Megzb510  i hated not being able to just do it all on my own. Losing some independence is probably my least favorite part of pregnancy.

-i already bought a couple Christmas gifts at Sam’s Club’s pre-black friday sale this weekend. All on-line of course. I used to go to all the stores at 3am every year. Now, not so much.
    27w 2d
    I'm okay but my lungs are feeling extra squished lately and I'm needing to sit down more often. Having more and more Braxton hicks too.
    Monthly checkup is on Wednesday and I'm excited for it. 
    I'm also having trouble staying asleep on my side. I fall asleep every night with my toddler and wake up in the motn on my back in her twin bed. Then when I slip over to my own bed I can't fall back to sleep right away
  • @Chawk17 your lucky if you get your rogam in the butt! My office switched to the arm and gave it to me 2 days after the tdap in the same arm. The rogam shot is one of the easiest as far as shots go. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
    babybro218
  • @mamaof5already EEK well I guess that's good to hear- being an easier shot! I've been dreading it- I go in on 28th.   Why did they not do it in the other arm I wonder? 
  • babymakes9babymakes9 member
    edited November 2017
    Chawk17 said:
    @mamaof5already EEK well I guess that's good to hear- being an easier shot! I've been dreading it- I go in on 28th.   Why did they not do it in the other arm I wonder? 
     because then i would have 2 sore arms and not be able to sleep unless i was sitting up ;)
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
    kbrinks2
  • I got my winrho shot and blood drawn to test my antibodies! The nurse asked where I would like the shot and I opted for my arm! Slight pinch and it was all good!
  • Chawk17Chawk17 member
    edited November 2017
    Chawk17 said:
    @mamaof5already EEK well I guess that's good to hear- being an easier shot! I've been dreading it- I go in on 28th.   Why did they not do it in the other arm I wonder? 
     because then i would have 2 sore arms and not be able to sleep unless i was sitting up ;)
    Good point. :)