May 2018 Moms
Options

Product Guide: Breast Pumps

2»

Re: Product Guide: Breast Pumps

• Options
    One of my colleagues had a Medela pump - she now has a spectra S1. She says there's a huge difference! She says the spectra much quieter, more comfortable and efficient. Also it's a closed system and less expensive than some of the medela ones!
  • Options
    I am super late to this game but I have a question! 

So im a STM and with my 18 month old son (who I am still nursing at night and nap time) I never really responded well to my pump (medela swing) if I pumped for half hour each side I would maybe get 2 oz. it just wasn’t worth it. I also never leak. I have been told that these are common traits to have in combination with one another. I don’t have a low supply necessarily, my son was EBF for 6 months and continues to nurse just fine. I just don’t respond to pumps and I don’t leak. 

I was wondering if any of you other moms have used the Haakaa pump? I guess the concept is that it just suction’s on your breast and collects the let down. But I’m not sure if it’s would work for me? Any advice? 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    codeeye said:
    I am super late to this game but I have a question! 

So im a STM and with my 18 month old son (who I am still nursing at night and nap time) I never really responded well to my pump (medela swing) if I pumped for half hour each side I would maybe get 2 oz. it just wasn’t worth it. I also never leak. I have been told that these are common traits to have in combination with one another. I don’t have a low supply necessarily, my son was EBF for 6 months and continues to nurse just fine. I just don’t respond to pumps and I don’t leak. 

I was wondering if any of you other moms have used the Haakaa pump? I guess the concept is that it just suction’s on your breast and collects the let down. But I’m not sure if it’s would work for me? Any advice? 
    I’ve used it, and I hated it. It gave me like a hickey and it didn’t really do anything besides collect leaks when my milk would initially let down first thing in the mornings.
  • Options
    @codeeye try reading up on breast compression while pumping. I never leaked and would often not pump much (especially later on) but same as you I EBF for 8-9mo (can’t even remember maybe more) and pumped for over a year. Compression really helped with the amount I pumped. 
  • Options
    @Ceridwen77 thanks. I will look into it. 

@ivyvines6 yeah I figured it’s may not work For me. Thanks!