TTC#1: January 2015
BFP #1 8/24/15 | MC 9/3/15 at 6w2d
BFP #2: 12/12/15 | DD born 8/29/16
TTC#2: June 2017
BFP #3: 7/15/17 | DS born 3/20/18

Re: UO Thursday 11/9

• Loading the player...
  • Pumpkin pie is gross. 
    Pumpkin anything is gross. Expect pumpkin spice roll with cream cheese in the middle, those are delicious 
  • PSLs are too sweet. All flavored cafe drinks are too sweet.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Pumpkin pie is gross. 

• I feel like with technology use increasing, commen sense is decreasing. I witnessed numerous people this morning texting a driving...1 week after a MASSIVE collision on the main highway between here and Toronto, which there were fatalities. 
  • I'll take it one step farther @becausescience... I think ALL pie is gross! And cheesecake :#
  • @npkat NOT CHEEEEESECAKKKKEEEE!! What did cheesecake ever do to you?? I do agree though, most pie is gross. Except pumpkin and pecan.
  • @Gingermom15, agreed! I’m not a fan of taping kids during grief/tantrum anyway. Their pain and grief may seem petty to you, but it’s very real to them. Could you imagine if someone taped the parents during a low moment and posted it to Facebook? 
  • And to bring it back to food...
    American cheese is garbage and a disgrace to the nation.

Dave's Killer Bread's version of cinnamon raisin bread may be organic but it is not as good as Sunmaid. And now I have a whole loaf to eat before I can get back to the good stuff. 

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • Same on the religion front @syssa-o

Like I'll drive them to whatever place of worship they want.  But I'm not going to talk about my own views unless they specifically ask for them.
  • @mdfarmchick I love this. I've heard this before and have set a goal to keep this instilled in our now growing family.
  • @heatherdubrow I think like everything there is a balance to be achieved here but my main goal is to not constantly be focused on my kids and not having anything left to go into my marriage. 
  • I guess I haven't even thought about who "comes first".  Like what does that even mean?
  • syssa-o said:
    @antoto I feel like the most simple way to explain it would be (in my house) when dinner is ready who gets theirs first? H and I both put DS first. As @heatherdubrow was saying, H and I make sure we have time for ourselves at least weekly but DS will always be taken care of before we are. Frankly that little guy is my favourite person in the world and I’d argue H feels the same way about him. 
    Yeah I mean with all care giving stuff the kid sort of has to come first... because they are a child and can't do things that my adult H can do.  Like if they are both sick or both hungry I'll help the kid first.  I can't really think of a time hypothetically where I would actually put my H on a higher priority than my baby...
  • npkatnpkat member
    edited November 2017
    @antoto I really don't interpret it as who gets served dinner first, or who gets taken care of first. To me, it is about making sure all your time and energy is not ONLY spent on your kids, having nothing left for your husband or significant other. Of course, when they are newborns, I think you're both just in survival mode so it is hard to apply that fully. I think it is important because if you do not nourish your own marriage, then you're really doing your children a disservice anyways. I do not want to wake up one day having no idea who my husband is because all I have done is focus on the kids and have not continued a real relationship with my husband. My older sister and brother have really set a great example for me in that way.. they go on trips just the 2 of them, date nights frequently, etc.

Edited to add that I am scared shitless of bringing a baby into a marriage and how it will affect things, especially at first. But I have definitely set in my mind that without a strong marriage the kids will suffer anyways, so my marriage will be my priority as well as loving the crap out of my kids and doing everything I can for them.
  • @antoto *face palm* I so didn’t explain that the way I meant it. I kind of meant “dinner” to be more figuratively used rather than actual dinner... LOL  Too much multi-tasking going on and now I’m making my brain hurt. 

The other ladies got it covered bahaha 

• I 1000% agree with what @mdfarmchick and @Gingermom15 are saying about relationship being #1. My husband and I have already discussed and agreed we will have date nights and childless vacations. We will also not be bedsharing. It is essential to my H and I that we are more than just mom and dad and continue to somewhat have outside lives!  Preach!! 
    Me: 36    DH: 37
    Married: 5.27.16
    Baby Boy Due: 3.18.18
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• @muggle621 we’ve also agreed to limit activities to one each. We won’t be doing multiple activities throughout the year and we won’t be nonstop during the summer. Parents seem to run themselves ragged keeping their children busy, but how healthy can that be? They need downtime as much as we do. Free time isn’t a bad thing. Personally, I don’t feel it is my job to keep my child entertained all the time. 
  • Pie is the bomb 

creamcheese anything can got straight to the garbage 

american cheese is is also super yummy

my relationship with my husband is top priority, when we’re good we are better parents 

The 90s was one of the best decades for music (the 60s being tops)

porter I’ve IPA every time
    Big Sisters 2/10 & 12/11
    Little Brother 3/1/18
  • What exactly is American cheese? 
    Also, relationship is definitely priority. Living somewhere with no babysitters makes date night hard. Instead, we make sure we do quiet time at night together. Like reading, or talking in bed. Also, we don't bedshare because we both need our own private space that is ours only. 
  • I loooovvvvve pie (ESPECIALLY Crack Pie) but Pumpkin Pie is disgusting. I’m the Switzerland of desserts - I love pie, cake, ice cream, ice cream cake, cookies, cupcakes, whatever. Just gimme the goods.  
  • @ksmwalters what is this "crack pie" you speak of???? It sounds amazing...!!!
  • @Gingermom15 Grandma recorded our reveal and our cousin (who is a photographer) took photos. Because DS wasnt entirely thrilled (he wasn’t devastated, but he wasn’t jumping for joy) we chose not to share the video (but I kept it for our own memories) and share photos only instead because I could pick and choose which ones to share. I agree, it’s not cool to do that to them and our son is quite sensitive the way it is. 

It depends on the day for me when it comes to pie. I’m generally only a chocolate PB or apple pie kind of gal. I can swing one slice of pumpkin on Thanksgiving, but beyond that it’s not one of my favorites. 

American cheese smells terrible. 
  • American cheese smells like toe funk. No thank you. 
    I’m not a big pie or cake person, I love Dutch apple pie and a certain kind of lemon pie our cafeteria people make. Otherwise, I’m not a big fan of either. I don’t care much for sweets in general. 
  • @amylonghorn

https://milkbarstore.com/main/menu/recipes-and-how-tos/

Click on “Crack Pie” for the recipe. It’s even better with pecans added. I make it every year at Christmas and it’s amazeballs.