Babies on the Brain

Waiting Room Wednesday 11/8

Well it's close to the end of Wednesday by now, but I thought I'd get this one going for us this week anyway :)

***General TW that this thread might contain discussions mentioning MC and loss.***

Welcome to Waiting Room Wednesday!

You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on not TTC and connect with others who are in the same boat. TTC can be a long journey, and having to wait makes it feel even longer -- even if it is for a good reason. I invite you to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this like an ongoing conversation.

Benched = involuntarily not NTNP/TTC and "out of the game," usually due to medical reasons

TTA = avoiding pregnancy by using protection or FAM, usually for non-health-related reasons __________________________________________________________________

Are you benched or TTA?

What brings you here?

How long do you think you'll be here?

How have things been going?

Any R/R?

GTKY: If you could be any animal, what would you be?

Re: Waiting Room Wednesday 11/8

• Are you benched or TTA? TTA

What brings you here? The company :)

How long do you think you'll be here? Waiting room til December (getting so close now!!) and will still hang out here while TTC as well.

How have things been going? Pretty good! I've been staying busy between work and friends and church things so I haven't been totally eaten up by baby fever lately. I also have been helping out once in a while at the nursery at church so I've gotten my "baby fix" haha. 

Any R/R? I think I need to find new prenatals unfortunately. I got the Nature Made kind with DHA and they're kinda huge, half the time I struggle to swallow them. It even says "new smaller pill" on the bottle, I can't imagine what they were like before  :| I'm bummed cause they aren't too pricey and they don't cause any side effects for me, but obviously there's no point in having them if I can't take them haha

GTKY: If you could be any animal, what would you be? I would be a whale! Don't laugh lol. It would be cool to live in the ocean and be the biggest animal on the planet :)
  • Are you benched or TTA?
    Benched.

What brings you here?
    Just waiting until I'm unbenched and can start TTC again.

1-2 cycles.  I'm still (very impatiently) waiting on AF to arrive after ***TW my D and C that I had October 9th end TW***

Fine. I'm just super impatient about AF arriving.  Trying to stay focused on weight loss and writing goals and professional advancement while I wait it out.

Any R/R?
    Daylight savings time is seriously depressing me at the moment.  I'm fine until the sun goes down at 5 pm, but I don't get out of work until between 7 and 8 and it feels like the middle of the damn night!

Probably a wolf!  I think I'd like the cold, having fur and living in a pack environment. Is that weird?  I also think wolves are incredibly beautiful.  Second choice would be a raven so I could fly, and because ravens are ridiculously smart, but...birds ever so slightly creep me out, so probably would stick with wolf, haha.

@diaphena I have an (irrational) fear of whales, so I would have to avoid you if we turned into our animals of choice, lol.

• Loading the player...
  • @diaphena I use the same ones. Honestly, I have an absolutely insane gag reflex and have made myself throw up just from brushing my teeth. The way I get around the size of these is by filling my mouth with water first, then tilt my head back and pop the pill in and swallow it that way. It sounds convoluted, but it doesn't feel as big when I do that. Taken out of context, this whole gag reflex/swallowing thing sounds really bizarre.

@maureenmce Birds bother me, too. We have this thing with macaws flying around my work area every so often and it drives me crazy.

Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • @maureenmce The daylight savings transition has been rough this year. I hate leaving work when it's already dark. Wolves are awesome animals! I'm sorry we couldn't hang out if I were a whale though, lol.

@dreamscapes_ I'll have to give your method a try. Usually I don't have an issue with bigger pills, I just get a mouthful of water and gulp it all down at once, but for some reason these are giving me trouble!
  • @diaphena Nature made has some that is a pack of 2 pills: the prenatal and separate dha. I think they’re called 30+30. That might be better. I might have had the same ones you use and I kept getting a fishy taste that made me gag. These ones don’t.

@maureenmce I agree about daylight savings, although it’s kind of nice getting out of the house after the sun comes up (I leave the house at 7am).

Are you benched or TTA? TTA

What brings you here? Conversation

How long do you think you'll be here? May/June 2018

How have things been going? Well, I decided to pee on an expired wondfo because my acne has been as bad as it was when I was pregnant. I still have my nexplanon installed and just had a “period” last week, so you can imagine how that went. I need to throw those things out...

Any R/R? Baby fever comes and goes. I keep trying to focus on other things, but it’s like a dull ache. And work has been insanely slow for weeks, which doesn’t help.

GTKY: If you could be any animal, what would you be? I’d have to say either a tiger (because being a lazy house cat would be boring) or a dolphin, because I love the ocean.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • @diaphena December is so close!!  Good luck with the PNV.  I have trouble finding any that don't make me feel sick.
    @maurenmce I am usually done work at 4 but last night I stayed until 6 and it felt so late!  I don't like DST!
    @meggyme If I had tests in the house I would be testing so often and I have an IUD in.  The things our brains make us think are a good idea...

Are you benched or TTA?
    TTA

What brings you here?
    Some good conversation with like-minded people.

Hopefully only a few more months.

Just chugging along.

Any R/R?
    My husband keeps making comments about "with a new baby next year" and "when the new baby is here".  I'm so glad that he definitely wants another baby and thinks a baby will be born in 2018 (doesn't give us a ton of time!), I just want to hear a timeline and a plan.  I need to get my IUD out, let me body normalize, then we have to try....he thinks his family has a gift of getting women pregnant super easily and it makes me want to smack him so much.  Just give me a date, man!

Good question!  Is it lame to say a house cat?  Haha, basking in the sun, sleeping, playing when you feel like it...sounds heavenly to me.

Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @mermaidca we had to have that same talk a little while ago. Men don’t think about all the things that have to happen leading up to ttc. Dealing with BC and then wonky cycles. They kind of just show up, provide some sperm and wait to see if you’re KU. At least that’s how MH is. And adding sibling age spacing to the mix adds a whole new complexity. DD will be almost 2 when we start TTC, so hopefully i’ll Get KU easily because I want my kids relatively close in age.
  • @meggyme Preach, sister.  My twins will be 3 in March.  I know how lucky we are to even have our kiddos and something as trivial as age spacing should be the last thing on my mind, but I always wanted them closer in age.  Men definitely do not think about the whole picture.  My husband is the same as yours it sounds, he has one "job", he's happy to do it, but it's all he really worries about.
  • @mermaidca part of it comes from his experience with DD. He had a hard time bonding with her until 4 months, and only recently has he admitted that he loves being a dad, now that she’s more interactive and kid like. He’s going to be a great toddler dad and beyond, but the first year was very difficult for him. I’m definitely the instigator for wanting #2 and I think he’s a little nervous about experiencing all that again, now that he’s enjoying it.
  • That's tough @meggyme and I get it.  I've heard that a lot from guys.  They don't always have that same lovey connection right off the bat like most mommas do.  I hope everything works out well for you and your family.
  • I know it's late on Thursday, but I'm gonna jump in...

TTA

Love chatting with you ladies.

Idk how long anymore...

Ugh, things just suck. DH won't go to the next level/get his raise until February because someone else screwed up. He works too damn hard to deal with this kind of BS, he does things that people 2 levels above him are supposed to do (and barely do!)!! We need to really think about finances and if we need to push back TTC  :'(  I just hate that his job has screwed him over and essentially screwed over our family the whole time he's worked there. Which other than this stupid issue, he loves his job! We wanted our kids close, and yea maybe a couple more months doesn't make too much of a difference, but we've already put off TTC to line up with his next raise and now we're potentially having to push it back further. I'm hoping between his "generous bonus" he's been promised plus our tax returns that we can buy a new car and have little to no monthly payments on it. A new car is a must before a new baby is born, and 2 in daycare is going to be about $1000. No car payment would mean we could do it, but we'd have to push it back just to see if that's even possible, so moot point really :/ 

GTKY: I love elephants, but idk if I'd want to be one. Maybe some sort of fish/sea animal. Penguin even? Idk, I like swimming, lol.

@diaphena Whale sounds awesome!! Sorry about the prenatals, I take chewable ones, but they don't have iron. During my last pregnancy supposedly my iron was low, so I took supplements and ate better, and miraculously it jumped up like 10 pts or whatever. My MW thought my first (low) read was wrong.

@maureenmce ugh I feel the same about it being dark. I get off at 5 and it's still pretty dark. I definitely think I get a little bit of SAD this time of year. 

DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• @CecilB93 that sucks about his promotion. Sounds like he needs to make a complaint/take his complaint to the next level if this is a regular occurrence. They are literally keeping money from your family.

A couple years ago I got skipped over for my previous company’s annual inflation raise because I was going on maternity leave/leaving because my husband was stationed elsewhere. I was pissed and probably could have made a bigger deal about it if it weren’t only $200. But really, they stiffed me for $200...
  • Are you benched or TTA? Benched until December 31st!!

What brings you here? Baby fever.

How long do you think you'll be here? Not sure, hopefully not too long. 

How have things been going? Pretty good. Excited about the holidays right now.

Any R/R? Not at the moment.

GTKY: If you could be any animal, what would you be? My dog? Still just a pup and living his best life.

Me: 25  DH: 27
    TTC #1: 1/18
  • @mermaidca and @meggyme I had to basically force DH to have the conversation about choosing a date to start TTC too. For him it was always some type of like distant future event, since we had agreed to wait til I got my full license for work - but even when I'd remind him that I was less than 6 months away from that point he couldn't wrap his head around choosing a date. I had to explain it in terms of, I have to actually go see my doctor to have this IUD removed in order for this to happen, and I can't just roll into my doc's office on whatever day you decide you're cool with it, sooo.... tell me when I can do this! :)

@CecilB93 Ugh I am so sorry that your DH's work is throwing a wrench in to your plans! And of course I hate that he's not getting the money he deserves from them. I hope you all will be able to work something out soon.

@almondrose I like your GTKY answer, haha. Being one of my pets would be a pretty good choice, they are all quite spoiled!
  • @meggyme unfortunately there's nothing he can do at this point. His superiors are on his side 100%, but apparently the people who are in charge of entering in payment info screwed up and put February this year instead of backdating to October like they said they would (October was his promised raise last year as it was his one year anniversary!!), and apparently there's no way to change that date now, so any future promotions/raises are stuck at February because he has to be in each level at least one year before moving up. 

Part of me still wants to just start trying in December, but the rational part of me says no, wait a few months...ugh, we need to sit down and see where we'll be financially and if it is possible, but that's difficult because there's factors unknown to us at the moment (future car payment, insurance will likely increase, etc)
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• @diaphena: Haha, yeah our pup has a pretty fun time going to dog parks and lakes. You are starting in December correct?

Me: 25  DH: 27
    TTC #1: 1/18
  • @almondrose Super delayed response (sorry) but yes, we are starting in December. I have an appt to get my IUD removed at the end of this month :) Looks like you'll be right behind me!