January 2018 Moms
Options

Wednesday Ticker Change 11/8

1) How far along are you? How big is baby?
2) How are you feeling?
3) Any appointments this week/last?
4) How are baby preparations going?
5) Rants/Raves/Questions?
6) GTKY: Are you savoring this last few weeks before baby comes, or are you dying to get baby out? What will you miss most about being pregnant, what are you most looking forward to once LO is here?
BabyFruit Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Wednesday Ticker Change 11/8

• Options
    1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 30 weeks, cucumber!
    2) How are you feeling? 
    I feel pretty good. My hips/back have been hurting, but I've been overdoing it. My heartburn is out of control and nothing is really fixing it. But otherwise I'm hanging in there. 
    No appts for a few weeks. 
    They pretty much aren't. We're so not ready for this baby. However, my sister is coming this weekend and bringing back some baby stuff I let her borrow for hers. So that will be a help. 
    6) GTKY: Are you savoring this last few weeks before baby comes, or are you dying to get baby out? What will you miss most about being pregnant, what are you most looking forward to once LO is here? I'm really conflicted haha. I am sooo looking forward to not being pregnant anymore, but at the same time I want as much time as possible with DS as an only child. The only thing I'll miss about being pregnant is being able to use it as an excuse for anything and everything. I am obviously most looking forward to seeing/holding/loving LO. I also am super excited to see DS as a loving big brother. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

32 weeks, per my app hes a tub of popcorn lol
    2) How are you feeling?
    the tiredness is back with a vengeance lately!  I don't quite feel as bad as the first tri but MAN OH MAN I am wiped out by the end of the day lately!  Shortness of breath is pretty prevalent as well, and sneezing feels like I'm breaking a rib bc my lungs don't have enough room to expand lol.
    next week we go back, none this week
    The glider/recliner was delivered last night and set up, we put up the spice rack bookshelves this week, and I know what I want to do with the rest of the décor, I just need DH to put things up on the wall. After that the nursery will be pretty well done except the walls painted which will happen sometime between now and mid Dec lol. 
    I have a pretty long rant posted on the WTF Wed thread, baby shower hostess gifts I thought were taken care of apparently are not.
    6) GTKY: Are you savoring this last few weeks before baby comes, or are you dying to get baby out? What will you miss most about being pregnant, what are you most looking forward to once LO is here?
    I think half and half, I'm really excited to meet him but at the same time I'm really trying to savor this last time with just DH and I.  I really love feeling him move around and all the kicks and flutters etc, once he gets here I'm excited to just see him and what he looks like.  DH has *amazing* eyes and I really really hope the tiny terrorist gets his eyes lol

Together Let Us Seek the Heights

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    30 weeks, baby is the size of 3 stacked frozen TV dinners
    2) How are you feeling?
    Really, really tired. I wasn't sleeping all that great for the past week, but these last two days i've gotten 4 hours of sleep a night. I wake up at 2am and that's it, i'm up and there's no hope going back to sleep before my 6am wake up time for work. It must be hormones, b/c i read somewhere that there's a surge of hormones at around that time that can affect sleep. They make me burn up too, like i start sweating and have to get out from under the sheets, and then around 6am i'm freezing again. Weird... And now that i'm checking my blood sugars 4 times a day, the fasting one in the morning is all messed up b/c i wake up so early. Ugh, i need to figure this out...
    Tomorrow, and we're doing an ultrasound, and i'm going to be asking about an endocrinologist/nutritionist appointment b/c waiting until Dec 14th for an appointment seems wrong to me. I will be bringing the last couple days of glucose readings with me too to show the OB. Yesterday's was an example of what not to eat (they were a little high), but today's are pretty good now that i'm eating the right foods at the right times.
    I bought more baby clothes, Carter's was having a sale 50% off everything and then 20% off your order if you spend over a certain amount (an amount which of course i had no problem getting to). 
    Rave: Had my Baby's Party (baby shower) on Saturday and it was lots of fun :)
    Rave: 4 day weekend for me b/c tomorrow is my normal day off and we get Veteran's Day off. Yay!
    Rant: Stupid gestational diabetes...grrrr....
    I'm definitely in the 'dying to not be pregnant anymore' group. I really want to eat normally again, and i've only been eating this way for the past 2 days. Having to eat a spoonful of peanut butter by itself this morning for breakfast made me gag multiple times :( 
  • Options
    32 weeks, tub of popcorn
    2) How are you feeling?
    Pretty good really. I get some low cramps when I overdo it which is at least once a day lately. Also getting som calf cramps at night. They’re stellar.
    I have an appt tomorrow. Getting the TDAP shot too. Not looking forward to how cranky that will make me. I hate having a sore arm from a vaccine, but I’ll tolerate it obviously.
    At a standstill currently but in a good place. Nursery is done with the exception of hanging things in the wall. Need to go through DS infant clothes, buy baby girl clothes and stock up on diapers.
    Getting excited! Work laid out a backup plan for me today. I have a lot of training to do over the next 3 weeks and then the month of December they want me to just support the TWO people taking over my workload but actually want them doing the work as if I’m not there. This will be hard for me to let go lol.
    Also RANT-my gram needs to stop commenting on when I’m going to have this baby. It’s obnoxious at this point. I talk to her fairly often and every time she says something like ‘you’re going to have that baby in December’.

I’m doing a bit of both. I want to savor because this is my last pregnancy and because I don’t want the holidays to fly by. I also want to enjoy being a family of 3. However, I cannot wait to meet her! Can’t wait for those newborn snuggles, the newborn smell, nursing etc. I can’t wait to see who she looks like. It is bittersweet though because I will miss the 1-1 time I get with DS and just being his mommy. There is a special bond there. I also will probably miss this LO in my belly. I felt that way once DS was out and was really surprised by it.
  • Options
    31 weeks 

2) How are you feeling?
    some cramps when I overdo it which is not hard to do working full-time and keeping up with a toddler 

I have one this Friday. I think I was supposed to get a rhogam shot last time so I think I'll be getting it this appt

got an extra convertible car seat for DS since we just had one in my husband's car and that thing is a pain to switch so now we both have one. I also faxed the preregistration forms to the hospital. Oooh and I ordered a K'tan baby carrier! I'm excited about using it soon. 

DH is getting really excited about this baby coming soon. It's cute 

This hasn't been a difficult pregnancy but I'm getting uncomfortable and ready to meet this little guy who likes to throw punches to my cervix. Also undecided on if we want to stop at two kids or go on for a third so if this is my last pregnancy I think it'll be a little bittersweet