January 2018 Moms

Re: WTF Wednesday

• Loading the player...
  • Work. So many WTFs at work right now and too much to type and generally people are just wasting my time in a big, big YUUUUUGE way. Right now I'm just trying to breathe and calm down before I have to leave for my OB appointment. I feel like my BP is up right now from stress so yay perfect timing.
  • WTF goes to my cat. He is peeing on everything. Last time he did this he was peeing all the time and blood, he ended up having a UTI. This time he's just being a jerk. He ruined my Fawn Design diaper bag by peeing on it, and I put a towel by the back patio door because it's been raining and is muddy and since last night he's already peed on it so bad that the entire house smells like cat pee. I just don't know what to do. And he's my favorite pet, but not right now.

Also, WTF goes to DH. He seems to forget that I'm supposed to be on modified bedrest. The same bedrest that didn't allow me to do much of anything before, but I think he got used to me doing everything again last week and is thinking I'm going to vacuum and carpet clean the house because the dang dog tracked in mud everywhere. 

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • WTF to work. I'm on a tight deadline to get testing done (and the deadline keeps changing). But today is the absolute last day. And NOTHING IS WORKING. I feel like I've wasted so many hours testing code that just isn't working. And it is about driving me nuts. This is officially the week from hell. 
  • WTF quick trip coffee cup. My cup of coffee leaked all over my enormous boobs and belly. Might I add in the 1 t-shirt that I still be comfortable in!!! First world problems, I'm aware
  • I hate complaining about this because I don't want to seem ungrateful but I'm annoyed by it so...

WTF to the woman on the Leave Donation team who is suppose to process / send to payroll the donations. I got an email last Monday that my second PTO donation request had been fulfilled and I could expect to see it in my PTO bank in 1-2 days. Well by last Friday I had not seen it so I called and they said "Oh, she's still processing it.. check next week"  why did I get that email then? (insert eye roll) so I just called again because now its been 7 full business days and again "Oh, she's processing it...." uhh hi! I don't know when I'm going on leave and I would LOVE to have the proper amount reflected before I do incase I end up being put out EARLY! I know exactly what I'm in for. Really not a big deal in the grand scheme of things but I just want it to be reflected. It's 41 hours I'm missing! That's a full week of PTO!!

• @cyanope I'm so with you. DD threw a tantrum of epic proportions this morning because I wouldn't let her take off her diaper. After breakfast she was fine, then when she saw I had my coffee she had yet another meltdown (she's obsessed with hot things lately, constantly wants to blow on them to cool them down). It's been weeks of this crap because of a cold and teething and I'm just so over it.
  • Daylight savings can still suck it. We're trying to put DS to bed at the same (clock) time and it's been a mess. How come last week he would play around and drag bedtime out until 9pm and only get in bed when we forced him, but this week he's having exhausted meltdowns in the bath at 7:30? Over it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Jan 18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies

• edited November 2017
    WTF. Someone hit my car. 

Edited to add: I've never been in an accident either so I wasn't entirely sure about protocol. I asked to exchange insurance and he tells me, "No, my truck is fine." Meanwhile, the back door of my Corolla is caved in like an old mine and when I mention it, he tells me I was in the way. I had right of way, he did not. I was driving, he was backing out of a parking spot when not looking and backed into my car. I tried to get out of the way but there was no time and the guy didn't stop moving, even while I'm laying on my horn, until my car stopped his big fat truck from moving. And he refused to give me his insurance information. 

Today has been an awful day and I want to go get in bed with chocolate ice cream and cry it out to Christmas movies. 
  • Omg @chellieblueray that is AWFUL!! First, are you ok? Even small slow accidents like that can create quite the bump! Yikes!! And ugh D-bag! You were “in the way” wtf?! He was backing out??? I️ hope you laid on the huge pregnant guilt and ended up getting his info. He was totally in the wrong 100%. If he doesn’t want to go thru insurance (Bc it’s a pain for both) he needs to fork out cash to fix your door! 
  • @chellieblueray oh sh**. I'd be calling the non emergency line to have the cops come and do paperwork. I've been in two accidents, 1 my fault, 1 their fault, and each time I had them come out. 

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • That's when you call the cops, @chellieblueray! You do NOT leave that scene. You write down his license plate number, call the cops, and ask other people to hang out so they can be your witnesses. I also wouldn't have moved my car out the way (so that he was stuck) and waited until the cops got there. That's ridiculous. Of course, safety is the number one priority, so if you feel unsafe, get out of his way...but I definitely wouldn't have moved. 
    Also, I don't recommend this (especially for a pregnant woman), but my BIL had someone try to do the same thing to him, and he followed the guy and called the cops. The guy was driving on a suspended license, and got arrested/his car impounded. My BIL is also in law enforcement (border patrol), and is pretty intimidating (tall and really "buff" haha), so people don't really mess with him too often!
  • @Chellieblueray that is NOT okay. He is definitely at fault... where were you? I'm sure if it was a public parking lot they have some sort of surveillance videos. I would call them and explain what happened and call the cops non-emergency number. Tell them you were so shaken up when it happened you didn't think to write anything down but now you have a clear head and would like to get this taken care of. There is no reason why you should be paying for damage to your car that he caused and no reason you should have to live with it.  

• @chellieblueray, I had a similar experience while in college. I called the police. The lady who hit me was cray. I started keeping a disposable camera in my car after that, so that if something similar ever happened again I could take pictures. Now we thankfully have smart phones! 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I felt like a complete idiot. I asked him if he was okay when I got out of the car because I actually care about human beings and he didn't even look at me. Like, hello, I'm the pregnant lady and you just backed into my car. 

I wasn't able to get more than a phone number and name. And when I called the police, they said it was private property (Wal-Mart parking lot) and I couldn't really do anything without his license plate or insurance, which I didn't have. 

I'm okay, baby is okay. My back passenger door is not okay. And without his information, it looks like we will be paying for the door. 

I feel like a naive idiot.
  • But thanks for the tips. I felt like I couldn't really get any information. And then my husband called him and the guy acted like he didn't speak English and said he doesn't have a truck. 

• @Mudge85 That is a very good idea. I'll give calling them a shot. It was Wal-Mart in one of those two way aisles. 

I'll be on hold with them forever but at least I might get some information. I really don't want to pay to fix the door. 
  • @conineml I thought the same thing but DH and I debated on the uninsured motorist and decided against it. We've had it before but I guess we took it off for this new policy. Now I feel like kicking myself. It seems like it's always in a situation where you actually need something that you realize you don't have it. 
  • @chellieblueray oh no!  Sorry that is a bummer than...hopefully you can find a way to get his info and make him pay!  
  • @chellieblueray so glad you and baby are ok! Accidents are never easy to deal with. I'm sorry that guy was being such a jerk to you, too. I hope you're able to work something out so he ends up paying for the damage!
  • @chellieblueray Yikes, I hope everything is ok! My doctor told me to go straight to L&D if I was in so much as a fenderbender (although I totally backed into a dumpster last week like a moron and didn't go... but... )
  • @Shanski70 I am so tempted, slso if I haven’t heard back by Friday that they’re actually done I’m totally just getting a ticket to the Holiday Boutique bc I think it’s the only place I’ll find other gift ideas lol. I wish this was a better experience bc the stuff I saw of his up at the Lenexa Public Market is super cute and I was thinking of getting DH something Jayhawk themed as a “yay new job” gift when the time comes! 

Together Let Us Seek the Heights

• It's killing me, @Cricket99. And I hear 3 is worse?? Please, NO!!
    Thankfully she was a perfect little squishy, lovey angel yesterday. I felt like I had my kid back. Let's hope it lasts (although I highly doubt it!). 
  • Oh god oh god oh god, I need a WTF Thursday. My wonderful supportive boss who wants to promote me got promoted instead and is leaving at 3pm today and never coming back. 

/stressvomit
  • @auntieraindrop that sucks! Is there any way he could promote you after moving higher up?