February 2018 Moms

GTKY: What nicknames do you have for the baby?

Thought this would be a fun change. :smile:

****TW Signature****
BabyFruit Ticker
DD born 04/28/2002
Married DH 03/25/2017
1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

Re: GTKY: What nicknames do you have for the baby?

• Mine
    Baby Groot

Squirmy McSquirmison 
    Alien child

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

jenniferjoy37chucksmom15alemarie1
  • Currently "Baby D #3" 
    rainafire77TattoosandLace
  • Loading the player...
  • DD is two and suggested Slimer for a baby name so we've been calling her that. 
    rainafire77lucylou214babybro218chucksmom15
  • My mom has been calling her Baby Boo from the beginning (thinking of the character from Monsters Inc). So she's been Boo.  :)
    rainafire77
  • Our little OJ or Orange Juice... Her name will be Olivia Joy. We’ve joked she will end up with a white bronco when she’s able to drive. 
    I have an Olivia Jade :)

We don't really have a nickname for the baby... picked names super early and then found out gender early, too. It's just been his name... we're boring
    diesel11111rainafire77alice0218jenniferjoy37
  • DH always called him chicken nugget. Now that we know he’s a boy and his name, he’s been Abel but when DH is feeling sentimental he calls him chicken nugget. 
    rainafire77
  • Not original, but been calling him either Little Man or the kiddo. Still don't use his name much, partly cuz we're keeping that to ourselves til he's born and don't want to slip :)
    rainafire77alice0218
  • The in laws ars calling him jr. The older kids are calling him parasite (jokingly) and everyone's just calling him the baby.  Occasionally someone will use his name,  but not very often. I call him the baby.  So boring of me. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
    rainafire77
  • I'm boring- call her by name
    rainafire77
  • We've settled on Olivia Kate and I've been calling her OK or okie! Husband just calls her "my baby" and my heart melts every time. 
    rainafire77jenniferjoy37babymakes9
  • DH always called him chicken nugget. Now that we know he’s a boy and his name, he’s been Abel but when DH is feeling sentimental he calls him chicken nugget. 
    We call ours Nugget.  Our family has started calling him Nugget, too, which sounds weird to me.  
    rainafire77SunflowerMama428
  • The baby. I'm boring. 
    rainafire77alice0218
  • Friends called their baby Fuzzy.  He's over a year old now and they still call him Fuzzy.  At some point, that nickname is not going to be ok.
    rainafire77babymakes9eggplantface
  • Friends called their baby Fuzzy.  He's over a year old now and they still call him Fuzzy.  At some point, that nickname is not going to be ok.
    But it might work again when he's 70!

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

babybro218SunflowerMama428
  • My son created the nickname Tiki so that’s what we have been calling her since we are still undecided on a name. 
    Me: 33 DH: 31
    DS: 5 years old
    TTC #2 since August 2015
    July 2016: Testing cycle with 100 mg Clomid = BFN
    August 2016: 50 mg Clomid + IUI = BFN
    October 2016: IVF#1 - 13 retrieved / 12 mature /  9 fertilized / 2 blasts
    November 2016: FET#1 = chemical
    January 2017: FET#2 = chemical
    March 2017: IVF#2 - 18 retrieved / 18 mature / 16 fertilized / 5 blasts
    April 24, 2017: FET#3 - BFN
    May 24, 2017: FET#4 - BFP! - Beta #1 151 - Beta #2 503 - Due date 2/9/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    rainafire77
    I went to high school with a girl who still went by her baby nickname ‘Skib’ which I guess was shortened from Skittle Butt. Cute when you’re 1, but not sure how it stuck so long. I didn’t even know her real name for a couple years!
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
    rainafire77babybro218
  • Pickle, Little Foot (like from the Dino movie), The Kid.
    rainafire77sre789
  • Before we knew it was a girl and had a name picked out we referred to the baby as ‘Stormie’ which came from an episode of Doctor Who where a baby wanted to be called Stormaggedon, Dark Lord of All. Which we thought was funny. And in the early stages when baby was making me feel sick it was apt that Stormie was making mommy feeling Stormie.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
    jenniferjoy37rainafire77atalante
  • Megzb510 said:
    My son created the nickname Tiki so that’s what we have been calling her since we are still undecided on a name. 
    Does he watch the miraculous ladybug? It's my dd's favorite.  And a cute nickname :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
    Megzb510rainafire77
  • Before we knew it was a girl and had a name picked out we referred to the baby as ‘Stormie’ which came from an episode of Doctor Who where a baby wanted to be called Stormaggedon, Dark Lord of All. Which we thought was funny. And in the early stages when baby was making me feel sick it was apt that Stormie was making mommy feeling Stormie.  
    That's hilarious. A friend of mine made us some adorable onesies for DD. One of them said "Stormageddon: dark lord of all." Then there were Harry Potter, Supernatural, and Mario themed onesies. (It was a nerdy onesie theme.)
    rainafire77
  • We call him the baby, or baby Link (his name is Lincoln). 
    jenniferjoy37rainafire77babymakes9
  • With my son, we call the baby Baby Sister. Between my husband and myself, we call her by her name, Lydia, or nickname, Liddy. We are boring. 
    rainafire77
  • @babybro218 I actually have a friend in his 40s whose nickname is Fuzzy. Something to do with a halloween costume in his youth. But we don't bat an eye. "This is my friend Fuzzy," "Nice to meet you, dude."

We call baby Soupcan, and H also calls him "little feller," as in "How is the little feller doing?"
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

rainafire77babybro218
  • DD1 was “Baby” super generic. 
    DD2 was something I can’t remember. :
    LO is Squish
    rainafire77
  • The baby... or his name. We are boring lol. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
    rainafire77
  • Teddy, Theo, Tedster, Theodore or baby.
    G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

rainafire77
  • We don't have names picked yet, or know the gender. So, I go with baby or wiggle worm, since they're moving a lot now. Especially after work.
    jenniferjoy37rainafire77
  • We also just refer to her by name, Nora, and I call her Nora bean too. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    rainafire77
  • With my first baby, we referred to him "Spawn/Spawnina" interchangeably for the first 19 weeks before we knew the gender (we are good people, no?). We kind of did the same thing with this baby until we found out that he is a he! With Alex, once we knew the gender and found out that he was Frank's breech from about week 25 on... we couldn't agree on a name so he became "squid" or "Paco the taco" (I mentioned that we really are good people, right?) Once he had a name, we called him "Alex" or "Bubba" (My husband says weird things when he's tired haha) Bubba even was his "code word" when we took him on a Disney cruise for parent pickup  :D

DS #2 has thus far been known as "the baby" (inventive right?) "Spawn, the second" (Okay, maybe we aren't really good people...) and my personal fav now that we've agreed to a name and a serious shout out to my favorite early 2000's chick flick... "Benny boo boo boo boo boo" (Definitely bad people, definitely).  :#
    rainafire77sre789texaskindofwaymblomq2
  • DD1 was “Baby” super generic. 
    DD2 was something I can’t remember. :
    LO is Squish
    DD2 was pipsqueak
    ash0625rainafire77
  • Before we knew the sex and had a name he was Taco.  We were having them for dinner and we aren't super creative.  My mother was terrified we would actually name him Taco lol.
    rainafire77babybro218jenniferjoy37texaskindofway
  • My husband made a joke early on that we should tell people we were naming him/her something ridiculous, like "Dandelion Apricot," and see how many people would be honest in their reactions. That morphed into "Dandy" for the nickname!
    babybro218rainafire77
  • When we told my parents about the pregnancy I was about 7 weeks along and he was the size of the blueberry. Somehow that stuck and he was called blueberry for most of the first half of the pregnancy til we found out the sex. Now it’s mostly just “he” or even more exciting, “the baby.” His name is picked out but i don’t like using it before he’s out for some reason! 
    rainafire77
  • Killbit3000!

DH snuck it into a list of names when we were going back and forth early in the process, and I told him that was my lead contender. It'll work til she's born and we tell people her real name  :)
    rainafire77
  • We just started using her name more, but we are big on nicknames, one just hasn't stuck yet. Sometimes I call her baby sis when talking to the puppy about her. Otherwise kind of waiting til she is outside to find the right nickname 
    rainafire77ash0625