February 2018 Moms

Weekend Ticker Change 11/4 & 11/5

If your EDD is 2/3, 2/4, 2/10, 2/11, 2/17, 2/18, 2/24, or 2/25 post here!

1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 

2) How are you feeling?

3) Any appointments this week?

4) Rants/Raves/Questions?

5) GTKY: What is something you are procrastinating with on your to do list? (baby related or otherwise)

Re: Weekend Ticker Change 11/4 & 11/5

• 1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 
    26 weeks. As big as kale (which is a really weird vegetable comparison if you ask me).

2) How are you feeling?
    I would say mostly good. Heart burn seems to be radiating from my feet at this point, and the aches and pains have picked up in the past 3 weeks. I’m also back to not sleeping great.

Next week!

Just the already mentioned pregnancy gripes ;)

5) GTKY: What is something you are procrastinating with on your to do list? (baby related or otherwise)
    Oh gosh. I keep looking around the house and seeing stuff I want to get done. I’ve cleaned out and donating a ton of stuff in anticipation of all the crap we will have coming. But I also just see general stuff I want on top of everything for the baby’s room. And I haven’t started Christmas shopping. I’m procrastinating more or less because I just feel like I’m setting money on fire at this point.
    alice0218
  • alice0218alice0218 member
    edited November 2017
    @stephbp2007 Kale is an odd comparison! Some of these apps man... one week I had a Belgian endive.

1) How far along are you
    ? How big is baby? 
    24 weeks (6 months!) Size of an eggplant.
    2) How are you feeling?
    Eh, medium. I feel like a broken record since it will probably go to the end of pregnancy but the heartburn is real. Makes sleeping difficult. Trying to stay on my side and raised up.
    Yeah, an OB appointment on Thursday. Also chiropractor related to accident 3x/week.
    Just soooooo happy October is over and my baby is ok. October was the month from hell for me. We had so much big expensive emergencies or just stuff to deal with. We are still dealing with some of it but I am just hoping November is better! We had large medical and dental expenses (still resolving), car was totaled in an accident (still finalizing replacement, but now we'll have car payments again), dog needed ear surgery, gas leak in our home lead to all gas lines being replaced, finally got a bill from the IRS for a filing mistake from 2015 (almost $2k!), DH's phone died and we needed to replace that, and probably more stuff I'm forgetting. It was just endless shit hitting us. I've been stressed. So optimistic for a new month!
    I need to find and sign up for an infant CPR class and a breastfeeding class at the request of my doula. She said I don't need a birth class since I have her though. I keep forgetting to do those things. I will try to take care of those this week!
    eta: I forgot, I also keep meaning to sign up for tradesy or something so I can sell my old clothes that will never fit again (haven't fit for years) or stuff that's too dressy for my work-from-home-and-coffee-shops new lifestyle. I need to make room for this baby. There is currently not really space for anything.
  • Loading the player...
    26 weeks, according to the Ovia app Baby is the size of a Loris. Some weird marsoupial Animal lol

2) How are you feeling?
    overall, pretty good!

We’re having an elective 5D ultrasound tomorrow. I have no idea what that means, but I’m super excited to see what Baby looks like!

This baby is sharing a nursery with my 2.5 year old DD so I need to start putting his things in there and making room in their closet for him. 
    alice0218
    26 weeks 2 days. Baby is the size of Kale? The comparisons on this app are so weird. 

2) How are you feeling?
    Meh. My husband went to the doctor last week and got antibiotics for a sinus infection. The very next day I woke up almost completely unable to breathe out of my nose. Since then it just keeps getting progressively worse. If it goes on much longer, I'm going to have to make a call of my own to the doctor. Other than that... sore and completely most of the time exhausted. 

None this week. My GD test is fast approaching on Nov. 16th (about a week and a half to go) and I'm really nervous. I didn't have much of an appetite until a week or two ago and now all I want is...sweet stuff. I'm afraid of failing the screen and having to go for the 3 hour. I guess what will be will be though. 

Rant: I'm so super sore. I don't know if it's a weight distribution thing now that I'm carry more weight in the belly area or if it's a sleeping thing cause I seem to go to bed on my side and wake up on my back...which hurts my back, or what is happening. I ended up so uncomfortable that I bought a pregnancy support belt from Amazon. It should be here tomorrow. Does anyone have experience with these things? Do they work?
    Additional Rant: damn you daylight savings time. 4:45 this morning, 5:30 yesterday morning...maybe this is contributing to the exhaustion. 
    Rave: I was able to put my family Y membership on hold for the next 3 months today. I thought it was going to be a problem but when I spoke with the front desk person, they set it all up to be effective in December. I've tried to stay as active as possible but I'm getting to the point now where walking is basically it...and I could do that for free a whole bunch of places. I'd rather save the 67 bucks for a few months. When the membership goes back into effect in March, it'll be a good place to bring DS to get some of his energy out. 

Right now...I'm procrastinating some writing work I have to do. It doesn't pay much of anything which makes me less motivated to do it. I am also procrastinating...dinner. I usually try to prep everything before I pick up DS at 5. Instead, I'm sitting on the couch catching up on superhero shows on the CW. 
    Baby related things... we are starting work on a new bedroom for DS this weekend while he stays at grammy's house. So I guess we've decided to stop procrastinating that. I'd love to have him moved into his new bedroom by Thanksgiving so it's less of a battle come January/February. 
    alice0218