February 2018 Moms

High Risk Talk - November

I feel like ish is going to start hitting the fan with us and the five million appointments we are going to have in the next 12-16 weeks so talk/vent and otherwise discuss!

Re: High Risk Talk - November

• I have an ultrasound tomorrow. In two weeks I start nsts twice a week and biophysical profiles once a week. I’m not looking forward to all of these appointments and on top of it I have my son in intensive outpatient for mental health which creates more appointments I have to attend each week. Maybe I should just quit my job and be a professional paitient/mom of paitients. 
  • I start growth scans on the 9th. I’ll probably have a c section at 38 weeks. I just think the growth scans are going to cause unnecessary worry. And to do them every two weeks when my doctor is an hour away sucks. I’m praying they don’t put me on weekly scans. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I start growth scans on the 9th. I’ll probably have a c section at 38 weeks. I just think the growth scans are going to cause unnecessary worry. And to do them every two weeks when my doctor is an hour away sucks. I’m praying they don’t put me on weekly scans. 
    I schedule mine at my next appointment with my OB in two weeks. I hope to go into labor before the csection date but something tells me this nugget is being cut out so I’m just going to take it as it comes. 

That sucks that your doc is so ar away. Being in a big city my hospital is six blocks from work and my doctors office is a few mile drive so for that I feel lucky. 
    SunflowerMama428
  • I have growth scans starting on the 9th. They have not said the words high risk to me, but they did say I would need growth scans every 4 weeks and then weekly NST after I think they said 32 weeks. I have a marginal cord insertion where the cord is going into the side of the placenta instead of the top and they could not rule out it being velamentous from the ultrasound. I hope they can tell better on the 9th. 
    alice0218
  • @smorzandoj I tried a hospital close by and they mixed me with another patient. They called me a prescription that I found out can’t be done over the phone and thank god it was alright but it could have been the wrong one. So I went screaming back to my obgyn. I moved that’s why he’s so far but the entire network is amazing so it’s the best care for me and the babes so I’ll suck it up. 

I kinda want to go into labor on my own and the doctor doesn’t think I’ll make it to 40 weeks which is why he said probably 38 weeks. This kid is just low with low fluid and making them nervous. 

@lainikins I hope that nothing comes of that placenta issue and you get good news on the 9th!
    lainikinssmorzandoj
  • I'm high risk for both AMA and IVF, but my doc hasn't mentioned when I'll go to biweekly appointments yet. My next appointment is the glucose screening next week (I'll be almost 26 weeks) but I don't know what happens after that. I dread tons of appointments just because I need to save my sick leave for mat leave, and I don't want to work 10 hours days to make up the missed time to avoid using sick leave!
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

rainafire77
  • @eggplantface I'm in the same boat. And since my Dr is an hour drive each way, it can easily be 3-4 hours per visit if he is running behind.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• @rainafire77 @eggplantface are y’all salary? I’m salary but I asked my employer to dock my pay because I don’t want to use my hours. Is that an option? 
  • I barely squeaked by on my dipstick and had a spike in my BP at my last appt., so Monday the OB will assess again and decide if they need to increase my meds. It's likely to progress to superimposed pre-e if they have to increase my meds. I'm hoping they don't. She talked about starting bi-weekly visits after the next visit and sending me to the peri early. I have an appt. at 32 weeks, but she wants to make sure he's developing well since CH can cause IUGR due to blood flow issues. 

I monitor my BP and proteinuria at home, but it's nice to have a more detailed u/s to make sure all is well. Peri may want to induce at 37-38 weeks instead of 39 to avoid BP worsening as time progresses, assuming I don't present with pre-e features before early term.
    G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

• @SunflowerMama428 I'm federal gov't, and the policy at my agency (dunno about others) is to avoid doing leave without pay, although I don't know why if it's something I can handle. So first you exhaust your sick leave, then you can get sick leave advanced to you (up to 240 hours), then others can donate their unused leave to you. THEN, when all that's gone, you can do LWOP. I think they also give the option of using annual leave if you don't want to do LWOP. But with advanced leave, you have to pay back what they advance, which means for any other appointments/illnesses after you come back you have to use annual leave until you'll back in the black, so I want to keep advanced leave as low as possible. A combo of sick leave, advanced sick leave, and annual leave will allow me to take 12 weeks (and keep some annual for doctor's appointments), but I'm trying to keep the advanced leave number low by using as little sick leave as possible.
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• @eggplantface wow. Talk about benefits. Lol I work for a private owner so It’s pretty black and white. 
  • @SunflowerMama428 If I say "don't use my PTO" then it goes against my FMLA time. It totally sucks.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• Growth scans every 4 weeks and non-stress test every 2 weeks after I get to 32 weeks. I'm being measured closely for bicornate uterus. The doctor gave me an option on C-section or getting induced but they won't go past 39 weeks.

DD angel baby 10/16 <3
    Rainbow Due 02/20/18

• So my ultrasound today was of the good news bad news variety. The good news is that baby is looking good and growing well. She was in the 44th percentile. The bad news is that my cord insertion looks as  if it is velamentous and not marginal, meaning that the cord is entering the membranes near the placenta instead of into the placenta. There are more complications associated with this, but thankfully mine is not located near the cervix where the most severe cases are. 

@SunflowerMama428, how was your ultrasound today? 
  • It was good. They want to do a c section at 38 weeks because the fluid is low still and They said his growth rate wasn’t exactly where they wanted it but I have to keep reminding them my first was small. I’m actually not that concerned because his heart concern cleared up and his lungs looked great so if his size is all that’s going on I’m okay with that. I was also having contractions the other day so I got put on restrictions for work. 

@lainikins did they say what your next steps are? Do you just monitor or will they be inducing or c section? Happy to hear it’s not directly effecting the baby’s growth. They didn’t tell me my measurements because he said he didn’t want me to worry about the exact number. Because all the other news was good. 
  • Had my fetal echo today (my sister and I have each had a son with a congenital heart defect) and everything looks good! I get another US in 6-7 weeks and then I start weekly NSTs at 35 weeks. So relieved today went well!!
    jennifer_m21smorzandojlainikins
  • Looks like I'm joining this group :/ my fetal echo was good today and baby just needs to be seen by a pediatric cardiologist about a month after birth just to make sure nothing was missed. With that being said I was told I'm right on the cusp of too much fluid and need a follow up when I get back to Hawaii. I'm in the mindset now of if it's not one thing it's another only because these appointments started out with placenta previa.
  • @SunflowerMama428, right now they are just monitoring. If they see a big drop in percentiles or if baby is measuring in the 10th percentile or less, then they will induce or monitor much closer, which ever is safer for gestational age. There does not seem to be a need for a c-section, as non of the vessels, nor the placenta are anywhere near the cervix and baby is already head down, but you never know. If baby needs to come out quickly, then, obviously, you do what you got to do. I have an appointment in 2 weeks, so I can ask more then. The frustrating (slightly comical, because I need to be able to laugh about stuff like this) thing is that apparently I have a very “robust” placenta, covering a lot of my uterus according to the MFM Dr, my cord just missed the giant target. 
  • smorzandojsmorzandoj member
    edited November 2017
    Just received the eviction notice. Jan 24th. One week earlier than I anticipated. I’ll be 38w 1d. 
    eggplantface