January 2018 Moms

MoMa (Mothers of Multiples) weekly check-in - 10/31

How far along are you? What size are the babies?

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go? 

How are you feeling? 

What rants/raves/questions/advice? 

QOTW: What has been the weirdest/craziest thing a stranger (or a friend/aquaintance!) has said to you since your belly bump has been showing?

Re: MoMa (Mothers of Multiples) weekly check-in - 10/31

• How far along are you? What size are the babies?
    21+5 they are baby bok choys.

No appointments last week.  I have an OB appointment tomorrow and will update then.
    How are you feeling? 
    Pretty much the same as last week but have been getting back pain on the right side where baby girl is. Its like she is digging in my back. 
    None at the moment. 
    QOTW: What has been the weirdest/craziest thing a stranger (or a friend/aquaintance!) has said to you since your belly bump has been showing?
    no one really has said anything weird or crazy.

@caseyw8784 will we hear your update this week? You posted the thread last week but never came back to post your response.  I hope you are doing well!
  • @momma6angels11 - haha, yes! i just signed on to post my own reply...last week was crazy with lots of family visiting for my MIL's birthday, so we were barely home and i kept forgetting to post!

How far along are you? What size are the babies?
    27w6d (am i starting my 3rd tri tomorrow? there's SO much differing info online...lol!)...minions are about the size of a bunch of bananas. 

None last week but on Monday i have my next US and meeting with my OB. I also have to re-do the 1 hour glucose test since the lab tech was stupid last time. Will update afterwards. 

How are you feeling?
    So uncomfortable! One of the minions has his/her feet shoved up into my rib cage (either feet or organs, i guess?) and so that's an almost constant soreness. My back has been bothering me the last couple days, but i know i DID have a busy week and weekend, so i'm hoping it's really just my body telling me to slow down and rest more. Overall uterine pain is making my over-active and paranoid brain go crazy, also. 

Not much, other than being uncomfortable. 
    Question: are any of you doing any gift basket or gift as a thank you for the nurses? I know that there is a whole thread on that, but i have so much to catch up on that i don't have time at the moment to read every one...and i wonder if twins/multiples should mean that we give a slightly bigger thank you/gift? Also, if you don't mind me asking, about what price point are you thinking of for the gifts?

A week or two ago at the grocery store one of the baggers suddenly said (loudly) "Awwww, it looks like you'll have your own special christmas present in time for thanksgiving, too!" When I told her that I wasn't due until January, her jaw dropped and she just mumbled, "daaaaaaaaamn!" Thanks, lady, for making me feel awkward in front of so many people! :lol:

• Loading the player...
  • I'll do my full update tomorrow - I have a MFM appointment in the morning and an OB appointment in the afternoon. I'll be 31 weeks tomorrow. But I wanted to respond to the gift basket question... @caseyw8784 - I think the extent of my "thank you" would be coffee and donuts. I won't be doing anything bigger than that.
  • @caseyw8784 lol.. i figured that.. yes you will be in the 3rd trimester tomorrow!! I will graduate you to the 3rd trimester next Monday if thats ok! ( in the 2nd Trimester board)
    AS for the gift thing.. ive really never given anything other than a thank you card.
    29 weeks and a couple days with mo/di boys. They are acorn squash but last Friday they were 2.8 lbs and 2.10 lbs 

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go? Friday they were worried that I had high fluid levels ( 9.1 cm ) so they wanted to make sure they weren’t developing ttts . I went back yesterday and they were 5.4 and 7.1 which I think it weird that they changed so much in 3 days but whatever , I’m atill not in the hospital again so I will take it as a win!! I am not on weekly apts so the next one is Tuesday. I start nst bi weekly at 32 weeks anyone else ?? 

How are you feeling? 
    Today I feel like crap . My pelvic area is so sore !! I feel like someone is trying to rip me down the middle . Come on 6 weeks !! Get going fast haha . And I can’t remember who’s bump photo , maybe @caseyw8784 but the babies in the ribs ... my lord !! Baby a is now breech but baby B’s foot has been in my rib cage for about 2 weeks now , I think it’s stuck 

Im glad I’m still pregnant for their development but I won’t be sad when they are in my arms :) 

my biggest pet peeve is “ wow you don’t even look that big for carrying twins “ ... really I am huge !! Or feel like it , it drives me crazy 
  • For the gift thing with DD I didn’t even think about it pre birth , and my nurse was a SAINT!! I won’t get into the gory details but I did it naturally FTM and she helped me get from a 9 to a 10 so I could start pushing and I’m not sure many nurses would do that . She was old enough to be my Gramma and stayed calm cool and collected the entire time and just walked me through everything and let me do my ... well loud and crazy birth process ( which I never thought would happen , I am not a loud person in the lead bit ) .. anyway about 3 weeks after she was born I called the hospital and figured out her schedule and got a nice edible arrangement delivered when she was on duty. I think I picked out around a $90 one . For the twins I think I will do the same . If I really like my nurses and they go above and beyond I will get them something small like an edible arrangement , flowers , or maybe get lunch catered in one day for them . 

I still need to do that for the nurse staff staff who took care of me while I was admitted for a week because they were all awesome ( except one ) . Probably just get flowers and a joint Starbucks gift card as there is a Starbucks in the hospital on their floor 
    31 weeks today! woohoo! According to the apps babies are the size of Romaine Lettuce... Measuring in today at 3lb 14 oz and 3 lb 11 oz!

Two appointments today - both went really well. MFM was very happy with everything she is seeing - she is convinced I will go to 38 weeks. She has been having me monitor my blood pressure at home and wants me to continue to do so. She said if it elevates consistently she wants me to come in early (next apt is in 3 wks). She does think I will develop minor preeclampsia but nothing scary or crazy but she just wants to be aware of whats going on. My OB was very happy with things, too. I told him she thinks i'll go to 38 and he said each day you have them in is a blessing, you've made the major milestones lets just keep moving forward and monitoring.

How are you feeling? 
    I'm okay - a little depressed today. I left the OB and broke down in tears - I gained 14 lbs in 2 wks. I called my DH and he was so nice and supportive but I feel HUGE. I am officially at +70lbs for my pregnancy and I was already +20 from fertility medications prior to conceiving. I was VERY active prior to pregnancy (running/weight lifting) and am just extremely depressed about where I am right now. I am looking at over 100lbs to lose now postpartum. I know I shouldn't be thinking about that, but I really cant help it. My mom is extremely overweight and I see how it hurts her / how she struggles and I just want to be able to enjoy a nice long run again.

No, nothing really this week.. already kind of had my rant above. Just kind of bummed today.

just lots of "any day now" comments.. ugh. (insert eye roll)
  • UPDATE: My appointment went great today! Both babies are doing great! AND baby A's placenta has finally started shifting off of my cervix!! Praise the Lord!! I found out that I will start stress tests weekly at 32 weeks..

• @ecoltton01 I will be doing weekly nst at 32 weeks. Im so glad everything is still good with you and the babies! 
    @Mudge85 those are some great weights!! Im sure you will lose the weight with that jogging stroller!! (You did get one right?? Or is that my pregnancy brain) 
  • @momma6angel11 I did get one :) and am extremely excited about it but right now I just feel. UGH!
  • Oh I should also add - my OB is quite happy with the growth between the two and thinks that I am not 100% C Section at this point! So that made me happy!... baby B is still the bigger of the two but this is definitely good news
  • @Mudge85 that is great!! I hope their weight progresses about the same and in 4 weeks or so you will get your vaginal birth!! 
  • @mudge85 hang in there !! My sister is currently struggling with the exact same thing . She gained about 40 lbs pre pregnancy with the fertility drugs , and then gained about 50 with her pregnancy ( singleton ) . She is now 7 months pp and has been slowly working to get it off . The baby weight is pretty much gone and she is working on the rest . 

With my my first pregnancy I started at 185-190 lbs and I delivered at about 230 . I felt like crap and I didn’t even want to look at myself in the mirror . I didn’t do maternity photos because I felt really bad about myself . Yes I as growing a human but it was the biggest I had ever been in my life ( in college I got around 210 for a brief time ) and after she was born all of my fears went away . I breast fed ( not sure if that’s your plan or not ) and loosing the weight seemed to be so easy after she was born for me . I ate decent ( not awesome, not terrible ) and I did 30 min work outs in my basement starting when she was 8 weeks old 3 times a week. It took about 6 months to loose the first 45 lbs I had gained and around another 3 months ish and I lost another 35 lbs . The thing was is I was so focused on being a New Mom that I didn’t stress about my weight . 

So all that to say hang at hang in there !! I know the feeling , and it’s ok to be upset . For me towards the end I stood on the scale backwards so I didn’t have to see the number go up . I knew it was going up however I didn’t want to know . One day at a time and it will be ok when those sweet babies are in your arms ! I’m sooo glad hubby is supportive about it . If you need to vent more lay it on us !
  • Thanks @ecolton01. Trying not to get too hard on myself it’s just extremely daunting... I started fertility treatments at 160.... so yeah.

It’s nice to hear I’m not alone in the struggle though. I hope your sister has continued success, too! It’s so hard when you want something so bad and then you feel this way. I know I shouldn’t. But arg! 

Thankfully I already told DH I want to train for / run a particular race series (Dopey a challenge @ Disney - I’ve already done it twice) just over a year postpartum and he is 100% supportive. So I at least have a goal and something to look forward to. :) really can’t complain about DH this week - he’s been a gem. 

I'm 31 weeks, 5 days. A couple coconuts!

I saw my OB on Friday, who gave me an A+ for controlling my gestational diabetes with diet. I see MFM on Wednesday.

How are you feeling? 

I'm so tired, sore, and weary of the constant Braxton Hicks. I'm so glad that my leave is starting this week-- I could not drag myself to work any more. I sleep terribly, since my hips ache so bad. This pregnancy is seriously hard. But I like feeling the babies kick.

Nothing right now

So many strangers seem to think that I'm due any day, given the size of my belly. Nope-- I'm hoping for another 5 weeks! I've also put on about 60 pounds, but I'm honestly not worried. I have lost weight in my life, so I know how to do it. I'm going to be more focused on regaining strength, once this is over, and figuring out how to do it without going overboard and injuring myself. 

Me- 39 (turning 40 in April), TTC for the first time ever (since Jan 2015), low ovarian reserve
    Married 3/14/14 to my wonderful wife, but her sperm count is rather low
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science

7 IUIs, 7 BFNs.
    2 IVF attempts, both cancelled and converted to IUI, both BFNs.
    Decided that my tired old ovaries are ready to retire.
    Next step- reciprocal IVF, using my wife's eggs, my uterus!  
    fresh 5 day transfer (2 embryos) 4/17/17- BFP! 
    Identical twins "due" 1/2/17 (but anticipated arrival sometime December)

• @KLake42 I cant wait to see your update next week from MFM..
    I hadn't really had any comments when i originally posted..but i went to target to pick up my welcome gift for baby registry and the lady went back to get it and came back saying we are out. She asked when i would be back again and i said in about 3 weeks..she said let me go look in another room. Then she comes back carrying a big box and said i found more. She opened the box and handed me one and said im glad i found these..i didnt want the baby to come before you got your gift.. i just thought to my self if the babies come in the next 3 weeks that would not be good at all..and omg do i really look that big?
  • Oh jeez, ladies, today was interesting (perhaps i should say informative instead? haha) We had our 28 week ultrasound and appointment with my OB today. I also re-did the 1 hour glucose test, and am currently crashing, so i think i'll be taking a nice long nap after this. I guess at this office, they don't do any weight or length measurements until the 3rd tri (yay for finally arriving there!) so this was the first time i got info on how they're growing, other than "perfectly on track for their gestational age."
    So, Baby A is 3 pounds 1 ounce and is 85% percentile and Baby B is 3 pounds even and 83% percentile. WTF? I thought twins were usually on the smaller side, not measuring almost 2 weeks ahead!!!  :anguished:
    My OB said that all the uncomfortableness is just going to get worse probably, and that I should invest in a belly support band and possibly another Snoogle. I've only gained about 14 pounds, so half of that is literally "baby" and my OB said that they're the best parasites she's ever seen  :lol:
    Oh, and they went from both babies being nice and head down to one fully breech and the other tranverse (whatever the word is, for being horizontal?) so we also had a nice little chat about a bigger possibility of a C-section. 
    Should be getting glucose test results tomorrow; part of me wants to go out and get a huge ice cream sundae tonight on the off-chance that i fail....lol.

ETA: Baby A also has mild "high amnio fluid" (can't remember the big fancy word at the moment) but it's such a small amount that they're not worried. They added another ultrasound to my next appointment on the 16th to recheck it, but they think it's cause he's the bigger baby.
  • @caseyw8784 wow those are some good weights for 28 weeks! How long will they let you go? I say go get that big sunday just incase your results are not good. There is still time for them to go back to head down..FX for them to do just that!
  • @caseyw8784 way to go momma!! Mine were 2.8 and 2.10 . I also have high fluid in both babies measuring in at 9.1 cm or it was so they switched me to weekly appointments to make sure they were not developing twin to twin transfusions syndrome late but it’s strange that both babies are that high ... however when I went back in 4 days later they had dropped to 6.4 and 5 .... although I don’t really believe that in 4 days everything was perfect again .. maybe a bad read the first time who knows. I go back today and have weekly us from now on.
    @KLake42 I feel you!! I am so miserable and that’s what everyone says ! Your about to pop . Kiddos to you there is no way in hell I could work . Obviously I’m on bed rest but the days I have a doctor apt and have to leave my house to be an “adult” I hurt so bad ! Multiple pregnancies are no joke ! For you FTMs just know that you guys are rock stars!! A singletonton pregnancy is no where near this uncomfortable and tough. I feel like I’m 40 weeks pregnant no doubt 
  • oh good @ecolton01 so I'm not a total wuss for wanting to Work from Home already.. Two coworkers of mine who had singletons didn't WFH until about 36 weeks so I feel bad even asking if its a possibility around 33... My boss is fine with it though. My doctor told me the week after thanksgiving but I took the liberty and told my boss the week of thanksgiving :) Hope everyone is doing well this week!! It's nice to have you all to commiserate with.
  • @ecolton01 - yea, the boy's fluid was measured something like, "deepest level 9 cm" or whatnot. I have another appointment on the 16th (was supposed to be in 2 weeks but cause of thanksgiving they made it a little sooner already) so they just added on a quick ultrasound to check the level again. You also just reminded me of another reason why my doc isn't too worried - mine are di/di, so there should not be any twin-to-twin syndrome or anything!

Also got my glucose results back - my levels are "normal"....they didn't give me a number, but I'll take that! They did say that I'm anemic, so i just got back from the pharmacy picking up some supplement pills and orange juice...yum.
  • Yay @caseyw8784 that’s great !! And yes @Mudge85 totally acceptable . With DD i was at a closing literally 12 hrs before I went into labor with these ( well I was voluntold to quit at 24 weeks ) but I could only make it half days at that point anyway before I was just tore down and beat . So your doing great !!