Trying to Get Pregnant

Confused! Help please :)

Hi all. Fast forward 2 years and my son is now a fun-loving little boy who will be 3 in under 6 months! Time seriously flies! But now my husband and I are trying to conceive again - yay! August and September didn't work so fingers crossed October did. I broke down and used an ovulation kit this past month and learned that I had been off a week, go figure! Plus, I found out that my cycle is more along the lines of 31-33 days. My last period was Oct 1 and with that being said, I think my next period would be coming somewhere around Nov. 3 or 4, right? Today, I started feeling "period-like" symptoms though like bloating, headaches, slight cramping, back hurts. I took an early detection test today and it said negative. No bleeding yet. Has this ever happened to anyone? Did I test too early? I just don't know what's going on because with our first pregnancy, it happened the first time :) Help please!

Re: Confused! Help please :)

• lovesclimbinglovesclimbing member
    edited October 2017
    mkc419 said:
    Hi all. Fast forward 2 years and my son is now a fun-loving little boy who will be 3 in under 6 months! Time seriously flies! But now my husband and I are trying to conceive again - yay! August and September didn't work so fingers crossed October did. I broke down and used an ovulation kit this past month and learned that I had been off a week, go figure! Plus, I found out that my cycle is more along the lines of 31-33 days. My last period was Oct 1 and with that being said, I think my next period would be coming somewhere around Nov. 3 or 4, right? Today, I started feeling "period-like" symptoms though like bloating, headaches, slight cramping, back hurts. I took an early detection test today and it said negative. No bleeding yet. Has this ever happened to anyone? Did I test too early? I just don't know what's going on because with our first pregnancy, it happened the first time :) Help please!

This is pretty common whether or not you're pregnant. Early pregnancy and period systems are very similar. I'm really confused about why you're confused. Your period isn't even late yet! I would wait a few more days, at least until the day you think your period will come and test again. Whether people on this forum say "you're probably pregnant" or "definitely not" doesn't change the contents of your uterus. 

Do you not know how often your period comes? I'm surprised you're only just now figuring out your period is longer than average. That's something you really should track, if only so you won't be surprised with blood while out and about. I use an app, and it starts predicting based on your cycle after six months of data is entered. It's really accurate!

Personally, with rare exception, I don't test until my period is several days late. The only exception I've ever made to that is when I had some serious pain in my chest, and I made a doctor appointment for the next day - the day my period was due. Because I didn't know if they would want to do an X-ray or recommend any meds, I tested that morning so I could either say "I'm pregnant" or "we've been trying, my period is due today, and I tested this morning and it was negative."