December 2017 Moms

Saturday Ticker Changer

Stolen from Friday!

Hey there Saturday ladies.  How's everyone doing?

How far along are you? How big is baby?
34 weeks.  Butternut Squash

How are you feeling?
Pretty good overall, just tired ,and way more winded than usual even walking up stairs.  I have a hard time getting myself to take it slower or take it easy, but I need to now!

What's going on this week?
Midwife appointment tomorrow, one more in 2 weeks, and then I start weekly visits plus weekly ultrasounds due to my age.

Last week was my last road trip for work a few hours and an overnight away out to the Eastern shore of Maryland.  I'm glad to be sticking closer to home for now until baby arrives!

Rants/Raves/Questions:
Anyone else already had their ribcage expand, like inches?
I already bought new bras around 8 weeks, with a bigger rib and cup size and room to grow.  They still fit on the cups, but I ordered bra extenders last week, as it was getting painful to have to keep a bra buckled.
And I really do need a bra to feel comfortable going out in public or doing anything.

GTKY: What are you doing for Halloween this year?
The big thing was on Saturday- the Great Halloween Lantern Parade in southeast Baltimore.  I'm usually on stilts, and doing costuming/lantern making leading up to the parade, but this year I just got to go as an attendee with DW and some close friends.  It was really lovely and magical.

Tomorrow I will be giving out candy to the neighborhood kids after work, and then we have the 3rd and final childbirth class at our hospital.  Which we are tempted to skip out on, but we will see...
___
Due date 12/9
I can't figure out the pregnancy countdown tickers, but I do know how to make a signature!
#40andpregnant

As of 12/15/2017, my new hashtag is #41 and pregnant!

Re: Saturday Ticker Changer

• @collectiveliving thanks for starting things! Where is everyone?

I feel like my ribcage expanded a fair bit at the beginning, but hasn't a whole lot since then. I haven't noticed my bra feeling a lot tighter at the band since probably week 14 or so. Then again, it seemed like at that time overnight I suddenly went from bras fitting to all of them being super painfully tight.

How far along are you? 
    How big is baby?
    35 weeks - now I'm picturing giving birth to a pineapple and it seems like it'd be super prickly

How are you feeling?
    All of a sudden super massive and having difficulty moving and even breathing. I'm going to ask about it at my appointment tomorrow. I don't know if he's on my diaphragm now or just continuing to take up more lung space. I also have a mild cold and DH is getting annoyed by my current snoring problem. Last night he recorded me as "evidence." It's not that I didn't believe him, but I was wearing a breathe-right strip and sleeping terribly, so I honestly didn't care and just wanted him to leave me alone! 

Appointment tomorrow. The way my schedule worked out I'm working an eight-day stretch in a row, and I'm now halfway through it. I'm looking forward to this weekend when my showers are happening! 

Rants/Raves/Questions:
    Stairs are so hard right now! My knees bash into the bottom of my belly if I try to walk up them normally so I have to do this exaggerated waddle and I feel ridiculous.

working... I feel like that's all I do sometimes.
  • How far along are you? How big is baby?
    33 weeks with di/di twins, the size of celery  :/

How are you feeling?
    Big and uncomfortable, tired because most nights I wake up every hour to pee. 

I have a non-stress test tomorrow and an ultrasound on Friday. 

Rants/Raves/Questions:
    Rant: Being uncomfortable, constantly peeing and ready for maternity leave. 

Rave: SO and I had a great little weekend road trip for a wedding and we had such a great time! Although a rant is due that, I'm exhausted LOL. 

Not much. I don't even think I'll pass out candy because there aren't many kids in the neighborhood. 

@collectiveliving Thanks for getting this started! My boobs went through a growth spurt towards the beginning, but thank God they've stopped growing. I'm on the last cup size for band size at my specialty bra shop. I'm glad you were able to enjoy the parade.

@rebeckyjoy Good luck with your appointment and I hope you enjoy your shower. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm so late to this game! 
    @rebeckyjoy I feel like it's gotten sparse around here after the FB group opened up. Also I don't get around to my computer on Saturdays a lot. 

How far along are you? 
    How big is baby?
    32w 6d according to my ovia app, we're the size of a Naked Tailed Armadilla 

How are you feeling?
    Not bad, just tired, always tired, and sleep is rough.  I have to talk myself into putting pants on, it's such a chore. 

Since it's Saturday ticker change... Sunday we celebrated my little girls 5th birthday, it was so much fun, everyone had a great time. (left over cakes!) Today is Halloween, and in Michigan we had snow this morning, so she's going to be the chubbiest little unicorn on the block to keep her nice and warm. Tomorrow I'm going to a Pallet Painting thing, with some girl friends, then the rest of the week a whole lot of nothing. 

Rants/Raves/Questions:
    I have my RCS scheduled for December 13, 42 days to go! I am so excited, however I think my OB hates me, he scheduled it for 1:30... One:Thirty PM in the afternoon. No food or drink after midnight, REALLY?!  

Bundling up tight, walking around the block (possibly shorter, if DD will let me), then coming back to pass out candy for a little while. 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Hey guys!  

@collectiveliving I feel
    like my bras have been super tight for a while now. I hate wearing them. 
    @rebeckyjoy Dude, tell your DH to shove it up his ass lol.  My husband complains about my snoring and he gets ejected to the guest room. It’s not our fault we’re so stuffed up. We’re pregnant!  How’s the kitchen going?
    @clovelyone How long are your NST’s?  I’m starting mine Monday. I’m planning on being there for a max of 3 hour s lol. 
    @Kirss that sounds like a special kind of torture. Not letting a pregnant woman eat for over 12 hours?  Not cool.  You’re daughters costume sounds so cute. It’s like 80 here, so no bundling uo will be happening lol. 

How far along are you?  How big is baby?
    33+2, babies are the size of romaine lettuce 

How are you feeling?
    Pretty uncomfortable. I have really bad carpal tunnel in my right hand, which makes typing really hard, so that’s part of the reason why I’ve been mia. I’m exhausted after doing nothing, and breathing is just so hard. Sleeping is a thing of the past as well. Fun times over here.  

Whats going on on this week?
    well, the chaos of the remodel is almost behind us, my last shower was Saturday, so now I’m spending this week getting baby laundry finished and completing our registries. Shits happening over here!  I’ve got to getfully ready for these nuggets, because they could come at any time now. We don’t want them to - but I want to be ready!

Rants/Raves/Questions
    Rants are I just feel like total shit and I’m sick of peeing every 5 minutes. I was diagnosed with GD last week, so testing my blood sugar 4x a day really sucks. I haven’t had any high readings though, so who TF knows. I only failed my 3 hour by one freaking point, that would have passed at another hospital, so I don’t believe I really have it. Whatever, I’ll keep checking regardless. 
    Raves are that my showers are over!   Glad becaue I can finally just get everything we need and be done with it. I’m going to spend the next month just chilling out resting and nesting!

What are you doing for Halloween?
    apparently, we get over 100 trick or treaters in our new hood, so I’m making my annual Halloween chili and we’re going to post up and hand out candy!  I love trick or treaters and we never got any at our last place, so this is going to be fun!
  • @rebeckyjoy I feel the same way, breathing wise... We are in a rowhouse, and our rooms are on the 2nd floor, just walking up those two flights I get winded.  I'm walking up them slowly and taking breaks on the way.

My midwife today didn't seem concerned.  Our hearts are working harder to pump more blood these days!

Happy halloween everyone!
    ___
    Due date 12/9
    I can't figure out the pregnancy countdown tickers, but I do know how to make a signature!
    #40andpregnant

As of 12/15/2017, my new hashtag is #41 and pregnant!
  • @breezybee The last time, the NST took about an hour. They usually do 40 minutes and then have the doc read the measurements. The doc may decide to get readings a little bit longer.

@Kirss It's definitely cold here in Michigan. 
  • @breezybee it was a brisk 40 degrees here, instead of the unicorn which she had planned on for the last 6 weeks, she was a butterfly, which worked well with her winter jacket, hat, and gloves :) That's a bummer on 4x a day sugar tests, did you just have your 3 hour test recently? Or did they have to retest you? Monday I go in for a growth US because I have a lot of amniotic fluid, which could be a sign of GD, however I passed my 1 hour and didn't have to take a 3 hour this time. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @Kirss Yeah I failed my one hour, so I had to take the 3 hour. My first reading was one point higher, but would have passed at other hospitals, and my second reading was high, so therefore, I automatically have GD. My
    other two were way below the highest number allowed. It’s bullshit. I ate hella candy and carbs yesterday and my blood sugar readings were completely normal.  
    Ill only Be preg for max 5 more weeks, so I can deal with it. It’s just really annoying!