February 2018 Moms

Monday and Beyond Bitchfest | 10.30

2»

Re: Monday and Beyond Bitchfest | 10.30

• @Chawk17 I live in Canada and we always get snow. I just wasn't ready for It yet! We usually get some days where it's -40F! I luckily work inside and have a quick run to the car! Those are the ridiculous days!
  • kbrinks2 said:
    @Chawk17 I live in Canada and we always get snow. I just wasn't ready for It yet! We usually get some days where it's -40F! I luckily work inside and have a quick run to the car! Those are the ridiculous days!
    I am also in Canada and am really not looking forward to the -40 this year. We had some close to -50 days with the windchill last year. Sigh. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @pandappanderson I hear yeah on the wind chill! It is awful for more than 2 minutes! 
  •  It is way to early for  snow! I say that every year though,  we usually get our first snow at Halloween.  So far we haven't and I think are just predicted rain for the rest of this Week. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
  • If anyone watched the seahawk game yesterday you saw our snow....thats not normal for us this early
  • Chawk17 said:
    If anyone watched the seahawk game yesterday you saw our snow....thats not normal for us this early
    I did watch the Seahawks game yesterday. Because I'm a Redskins fan ;) It looked like rain on my screen, so wow, snow!
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• rainafire77rainafire77 member
    edited November 2017
    @Chawk17 I can always tell when it snows in Seattle because all of my Seattle friends have this status on their Facebook: "Holy f*ck it's snowing!"

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• All this talk of snow is making me greatful for our weather.  It was 70 degrees when I walked Chuck this morning.  I hate being cold!
  • Chawk17 said:
    If anyone watched the seahawk game yesterday you saw our snow....thats not normal for us this early
    I did watch the Seahawks game yesterday. Because I'm a Redskins fan ;) It looked like rain on my screen, so wow, snow!
    Well...it did turn into rain
  • Chawk17Chawk17 member
    edited November 2017
    @Chawk17 I can always tell when it snows in Seattle because all of my Seattle friends have this status on their Facebook: "Holy f*ck it's snowing!"
    Yep...we are always shocked when it happens.
  • gingermama29gingermama29 member
    edited November 2017
    In response to the negative snow comments, perhaps I should save this for UO Thursday, but I'm a weirdo and am excited for snow!! Can't wait to get it here!

ETA: words
  • @eggplantface that sounds horrible and I want one of those pillows. Yesterday was horrible here, too. We had a whole day to do our grading, but the online grading system was down so it was a total waste of a day and now we’re all behind on grades, which are due on Monday. 
  • In response to the negative snow comments, perhaps I should save this for UO Thursday, but I'm a weirdo and am excited for snow!! Can't wait to get it here!

ETA: words
    I love to go on vacation in snow I just don't think I am cut out to live in a place where it snows regularly!
  • @gingermama26 I'm with you! I love snow and am ready for it (barring a snowstorm when I go into labor...) !
  • psm2462 said:
    @gingermama26 I'm with you! I love snow and am ready for it (barring a snowstorm when I go into labor...) !
    Exactly! We live in the mountains in NorCal and when it snows for longer than an hour it closes the pass for several hours while they get it cleared. And February has been snow weather the last few years.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• Snow lover here too! We get very little snow overall but might get one big storm each year. 
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• So over these OB appointments that take all of 5 minutes yet you wait FOREVER for the doctor to just come in the exam room!
  • And it snowed here today.  I guess I jinxed myself. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
  • Chawk17 said:
    Hail! 
  • DD is playing JV soccer for her HS again this year which is great. What's not great is theu moved it to a winter sport. What's also not great is their practice doesn't start until 530 and runs until 730. We live an hour round trip so I can't head home before picking her up. So no dinner until 8 when we finally get home. Then she has chores, takes a shower and then finishes her homework. She was up until 11 last night because she's in AP classes so a shit ton of homework nightly, even working on it right after school in the library. And I'm getting exhausted hanging out for 2 hours after work and it's only the second day. 

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• @rainafire77 That makes for some long nights!  Is there another parent on the team that you can split duties with? 
  • @magnolia305 The only duty I have is driving her home. :smile: We live outside the school district so there's no one else on her team that lives in our town.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• Still bitching about the weather! It's -29C (-19F) this morning! Brrrr!! Summer could come anytime! 
  • Why does the weather have to turn on a dime?! We went from a nice mid 80's to high 60's low 70's and I don't have the means to get pants yet! This would be a non issue if I wasn't acclimated to Hawaii weather.