February 2018 Moms
Options

Monday and Beyond Bitchfest | 10.30

Who do you want to bitch slap this week? 

Re: Monday and Beyond Bitchfest | 10.30

• Options
    My inlaws.  They are just assholes.  I had to spend part of my weekend with them and they are rude.  My MIL said DS's haircut looks terrible (he has a cowlick) and her mother said the color of my hair "was a bad choice and I should have thought about that".  Then MIL made fun of the name for this baby that we are considering.  Just shut the ef up lady. My FIL was dropping the f-bomb tons at DS's birthday party.  They just suck and will forever be my bitchfest. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @magnolia305 your MIL has some balls. It’s called a filter.
  • Options
    @SunflowerMama428 She thinks everyone cares about what she says.  My SIL (her daughter) even called her out when she was making fun of this baby's possible name.  I have started snapping back at her--but then she turns into the victim and "magnolia is just so mean to me.  I can't say anything right".  I seriously cannot stand them.  
  • Options
    @magnolia305 I'm sorry your inlaws are awful! I'm glad you stand up for yourself but man that would drive me crazy!
  • Options
    @magnolia305 - oh man, your in-laws sound awful! Does your DH know how you feel about them?
  • Options
    Your inlaws suck big time @magnolia305.  Sorry they ruined your weekend.

I love that GIF so much @ldawngirl781
  • Options
    @magnolia305 I'm sorry your in laws suck. I feel like in laws, in general, make the world a darker place. Mine live states away and I see them MAYBE once a year, so I'm really lucky in that department.
  • Options
    @magnolia305 - oh man, your in-laws sound awful! Does your DH know how you feel about them?
    Yes, he knows.  I feel for him because he is in the middle--it causes stress in our marriage and lots of anxiety for me.  Our normal cycle is: MIL is rude AF, I complain to DH, we stay away for several weeks (months if I am lucky), I feel bad, we spend time with them, MIL is rude AF, repeat...  
  • Options
    @magnolia305 - it sucks to be in the middle, but he should sit down and talk to them. Maybe they don't realize their behavior is affecting you, and that's why they keep doing it? It's unfair to both of you to feel this way! I wish I had better suggestions!
  • Options
    @magnolia305 my MIL is the exact same way with that victim crap. She does and says whatever she wants and then runs crying if anyone dares respond negatively. 

DD is really in the Halloween spirit this year because she has been a freaking monster the last few days. 
  • Options
    +1 for god awful in laws

my husband is currently not spoken to them in 2 months because of his mother. His mother basically said she wouldn’t be that upset if we got divorced because she would get to see DS more.
  • Options
    GoogleMD said:
    +1 for god awful in laws

my husband is currently not spoken to them in 2 months because of his mother. His mother basically said she wouldn’t be that upset if we got divorced because she would get to see DS more.
    She sounds like a real peach. 
  • Options
     BF: insurance companies. We have been battling them on charges already. DH and I work for the same company and they are billing things under the wrong plan. Does anyone check names before they bill anymore? Do you really think a male should be charged for an ultrasound for a pregnancy? Sigh. Honestly we shouldn’t even have to deal with this crap right now. 
  • Options
    sabriel1 said:but
    My in-laws are terrible and it used to cause so much stress in our marriage. After a particularly tough fight about it to with DH he was talking to them on the phone and they started trashing me again and he flat out said "listen, she's the one I chose. I didn't choose you guys so I will choose her over you everytime. You can talk about her all you like but don't talk about her to me".

His mom was pissed and said "well if we can't talk to you about everything we want we won't ever talk to you again". They didn't speak to us for over a year and now tread very lightly. Our relationship with them is much better now though very superficial but that's all we want because they are terrible. They cause problems between all DH's siblings marriages as well. 

Since DH stepped up our marriage has never been better
    Love your husband response. 
  • Options
    GoogleMD said:
    +1 for god awful in laws

I could see my MIL hoping for a divorce for same reason.  I'm not going to let her see baby very often. 
  • Options
    GoogleMD said:
    +1 for god awful in laws

What a beotch. I could totally see my MIL saying the same thing. 

Are we going to be better to our childrens’ significant others?? 
  • Options
    Years ago, H put his foot down with his parents telling them "I am an adult, I support myself, you may not like what I do but if you want me in your life then you will keep your opinions about my life to yourself." It worked. By the time he met me, they were mellow. Plus I supply them with wine and am carrying the only grandson they will likely ever have. (His three sisters are done having kids & all girls and his brother is severely mentally disabled and will likely never father a child as he has the emotional state of a child.) I'm a precious commodity at this point. Lol

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• Options
    My Monday bitch fest is my ex husband causing drama at the kids school and wasting half my day having to deal with him not getting the whole story and blowing things out of proportion or acting like a responsible adult and doing some digging/ fact checking before attacking.

Long story short,  he spoke 5 minutes to my 6th grader on the phone on Sunday to make an excuse for not attending her school play,  and at the end of the conversation came away with that all the 6 graders were made to strip by the older high schoolers at the play after party and an staff was given to the best stripper. He then proceeded to call the school principal and threaten police and legal action because of it.  And then went and pulled my kid out of class to talk to her More about it today and while in the hall saw my 9th grader (who chooses not to see him) and was threatening to her.

I had to spend 4+hours dealing with this today,  not what i had planned or needed to get done.  for the record,  no 6th graders were made to strip,  no one was stripping,  the party was a chaperoned school event,  and the mention of strippers was a joke award given to a senior high schooler by another senior (So basically high schoolers being stupid) and was quickly handled  and checked. 

But i had to go have a meeting with a principal, a freaked out 9th grader. And a 6th grader who thought her father dropped in to wish her happy birthday  (because she turned 11 today) and instead interrogated her and made her cry at school.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
  • Options
    Melissa9481Melissa9481 member
    edited November 2017
    BF to the lady who took my daughter's 2yr old pictures yesterday. DD got freaked out by the popping and flashing and cried. The girl didn't have patience to deal with her and kept threatening to stop and reschedule for another day if she couldn't get "60 Non crying shots." She finally just told us, "Anyone else would not do this. Do not think this is normal. Anyone else would stop. I'll just take them crying. Even tho I'll get in trouble." We did get some cute shots but it wasn't worth the headache or attitude. 

• Options
    BF to the lady who took my daughter's 2yr old pictures yesterday. DD got freaked out by the popping and flashing and cried. The girl didn't have patience to deal with her and kept threatening to stop and reschedule for another day if she couldn't get "60 Non crying shots." She finally just told us, "Anyone else would not do this. Do not think this is normal. Anyone else would stop. I'll just take them crying. Even tho I'll get in trouble." We did get some cute shots but it wasn't worth the headache or attitude. 
     did you talk to the ladies manager? That sounds way out of line for her to say that,  especially for an employee of a company i'm assuming does regular baby / kid milestone photo shoots.  I would be so angry!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
  • Options
    @mamaof5already we haven't yet. I was so flustered and kept trying to calm DD, people were staring and it was so uncomfortable. I'm going to have DH email them. Its a popular chain type place known for taking family and child photos so we were really thrown by her attitude and annoyance.
  • Options
    GoogleMD said:
    +1 for god awful in laws

Lol. Nope! I doubt we will be insensitive and invading but it’s still our children I bet we will be judgy as hell even if we don’t show it 
  • Options
    @mamaof5already what a nightmare!! I’m so sorry you and your kids had to deal with that. Happy bday to your 6th grader!!!
  • Options
    How did you not murder him @mamaof5already!!!

@Melissa9481 I would definitely say something.  That was way out of line!
  • Options
    GoogleMD said:
    +1 for god awful in laws

I have already told my BFF to slap me if I ever sound remotely similar to my MIL :D

• Options
    Happy Halloween!

@mamaof5already I'm so so sorry you're going through all that with your ex. I can't believe he actually has any rights/custody of your kids if he behaves like this. Hopefully he'll shape up or at least...go away. 

@Melissa9481  I suggest a strongly worded letter. At the very least the company should give you your money back for the session but that photographer shouldn't be working with children ever, at all. Yikes.

@GoogleMD  and basically everyone else who has horrible in-laws cause I was too lazy to go back and tag you all... I thought my in-laws were bad BUT some of yours make them seem kinda peachy... which makes me feel awful...because they are legit terrible and I think whoever brought it up that maybe this group bonded over awful in-laws...you might be on to something.

There are so many things I could dedicate my Monday B-fest to...it's hard to choose just one....

My husband is sick and has been home on the couch for two days. Normally I would complain about his whining but he seems legitimately sick this time so I feel bad. Of course, his doctor's office is without power and won't be back up and running until November 5th according to National Grid's website. 

Along those same lines... and this one I feel bad about (sorta) so I guess my bitchiest goes to ME... my FIL and step MIL are without power AND their teenage son (yes, you read that correctly... I have a 17 year old BIL) plus two of their dogs have the stomach bug...they're on a septic and don't have a generator...normally I might feel bad enough to tell my husband to invite them over but..he's got what seems like a sinus infection, I'm not keen on having the stomach flu at 25 weeks pregnant, and if I'm being honest...I don't feel THAT bad...you've got to like someone A LOT to invite them into your home in these circumstances. Pregnancy has made me a little more cold hearted I guess. I've been so cranky and annoyed for a few weeks now...I'm not sure why but whatever. 

Last of my things to complain about...we have such a cute family halloween costume (a lion, a tiger and a bear) and I'm 110% positive my son is going to refuse to wear his costume. So we will likely go around the neighborhood as two 30 somethings dressed as a lion and a tiger...with a kid who may or may not agree to wear  his skeleton pajamas as a backup costume. I don't know why this upsets me so much but I was hoping there'd be less whining for Halloween. We're also one of the only sections of the town with power so the police have already called to warn us about an excess of trick or treaters and put out automated safety calls to all residents in this area. I have half a bowl of candy...which we are leaving on the stoop. PLEASE God the last thing I need is my house being egged cause the candy bowl is empty. *crossed fingers and toes it'll all be ok** 
    Who am I kidding...we probably aren't making it out the door for trick or treating...so I probably have nothing to worry about anyway. 
  • Options
    I just made myself an awesome bowl of cereal (the perfect mix of three different kinds) and realized we are out of milk :’(
  • Options
    I just made myself an awesome bowl of cereal (the perfect mix of three different kinds) and realized we are out of milk :’(

*stuck in box* 

I absolutely hate when this happens. DH is lactose intolerant so I don't even have anyone else to blame when it does. I'm sorry! 
  • Options
    @babybro218 Um, why have I never thought of mixing cereals together? Which ones???? Now I need to go buy all the cereals. Also, that sucks, I hate when I have no milk for cereal!!!
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • Options
    babybro218babybro218 member
    edited November 2017
    @babybro218 Um, why have I never thought of mixing cereals together? Which ones???? Now I need to go buy all the cereals. Also, that sucks, I hate when I have no milk for cereal!!!
    The possibilities are endless! Yesterday’s combo included Kashi Go Lean, Kashi Almond Honey Crunch, and Cheerios.
  • Options
    In law island for everyone! 
  • Options
    Resurrecting this thread for a brief rant. Woke up to very heavy rain and thunder this morning and then heard an odd dripping sound. The ceiling in my bedroom was leaking on a seam that I had thought was put there when the previous owners installed overhead lighting. We checked the attic above the leak (luckily it's a finished attic and easy to access) and have no sign of water. Can't fathom how or why my ceiling was dripping (it has stopped now). Getting back to sleep doesn't seem too likely any time soon. End rant
  • Options
    We woke up to SNOW!!!! Noooooooo!!!!!
  • Options
    @Chawk17 where are you from? 
    We got snow on monday here! And it's been -10C (14F) this week! I wish it was still summer!
  • Options
    If one more childless/petless person gloats to me about their extra hour of sleep this morning I might punch them.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Chawk17Chawk17 member
    edited November 2017
    kbrinks2 said:
    @Chawk17 where are you from? 
    We got snow on monday here! And it's been -10C (14F) this week! I wish it was still summer!

In box
    Washington state! We never get snow...and not this early.  It was sweatshirt weather last week. Ugh. Ps. It's only 34 degrees here.
  • Options
    @gingermama26 that is the worst. We have a "leak" in our kitchen which is under 1.5 other floors so I was in a similar situation. Turns out water "runs" once it gets into the house and comes out wherever it can find a hole. So even it gets in through the roof on one side of the house, it will just travel around and about until it finds a spot to come out, even if its no where near the actual leak. So frustrating. Times like these I wish we rented.