May 2018 Moms
Options

Due Date Check-in (wk of 10/30): Second Week of May 5/6-5/12

This is a weekly check in for people who are due the Second Week of May 5/6-5/12

How far along are you? What size is baby this week?

What symptoms are you having?

Rants/Raves:

Any questions this week?

GTKY:  Who is your celebrity doppelgänger?

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Due Date Check-in (wk of 10/30): Second Week of May 5/6-5/12

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you? What size is baby this week?  12 weeks, 2 days. Size of a plum. 

What symptoms are you having? Starting to feel a little better. Still easily fatigued and overall grouchy!

Rants/Raves:
    Went in for NT scan today and all looked good - except baby was so jumping around and spinning around that they couldn't catch him/ her to get a measurement! It was very surreal to see.

Any questions this week?
    Trying to decide if finding out gender will help or not help my two daughters who are DEAD SET on a sister. Not sure if they'll be better off finding out early and having some time to adjust, or being so excited when he/she is here that they won't care. Anyone have an older sibling with severe gender preference? Any thoughts?

No one.. I do apparently have a "familiar face" thought because people are always telling me I look "just like someone they know!"
    Waiting for #3!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

How far along are you? What size is baby this week?  13 weeks, size of a lemon

Nausea comes and goes now, not as bad as before. However, it's worse at the end of the day. I can hardly eat dinner anymore. Anxiety has been bad for me, getting a ton of tension headaches.... that's mainly due to work though. Ugh. 

Rants/Raves:
    Can anyone tell me what an NT scan is? Is that something you have to request? FTM here. I'd like to rant about being in that in-between stage where regular pants are too tight, but maternity clothes look ridiculous.... 

Any questions this week?
    What is the earliest that gender can be determined? I believe my doctor starts out at 15 weeks, but some others have said that's too soon. 

@sandbar517 I have been told that I am a dead ringer for "Aunt Becky" (Lori Loughlin) yay full house! 
  • Options
     12w3d apricot
    Hungry, growing belly/bloat, tired early in the evening
    Rants/Raves:
    Feeling really good so far and hoping this pregnancy is as easy as my first was. Ready for my second appt on Thurs to hear the heartbeat one more time before announcing on FB and at work. 
    Any questions this week?
    One for my OB-I am wondering if he will be able to tell if the cyst on my left ovary is getting bigger or shrinking by feeling my stomach since I don't have an U/S scheduled. I found out my mom had a cyst in her uterus that got as big as a softball with me and that's they took it out with the C-section. I am hoping mine shrinks without issue. It was the size of a golf ball at 8 weeks.
    GTKY:  Who is your celebrity doppelgänger? I don't know about this one. I can't recall anyone saying I look like a celebrity.
  • Options
    @RachelT1234 I'm pretty sure everyone thinks I'm pregnant now too... I've been fake drinking but told my SIL this weekend and she said her and a few of my friends thought I was. Annoying....

12w2d Apricot/Plum
    It's all back/still happening.  I am SUPER tired still, sore back, nauseous, gassy/burp. Bad headaches lately are a new symptom.
    Rants/Raves:
    Rants - annoying new employee. I don't know if I'm impatient being pregnant but she asks the stupidest questions.  I'm trying so hard to be a professional.
    Raves - I finally have my next midwife appointment tomorrow! Really hoping to hear the heartbeat! 
    Any questions this week?
    I think things are different in Canada but we can't find out our genetics screening rewults/risks until a few weeks into the 2nd trimester...which makes me nervous. Is anyone waiting to share the news? 
    Sadly I also don't have one! 
  • Options
    @nursemolly89 the NT scan is the nuchal translucency scan, where they do an ultrasound to look at how thick the fluid is at the back of baby's neck.  If it's thicker than normal, it can be an indication of chromosomal or cardiac issues. 

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP June 2013- blighted ovum, D&C Aug 2013
    BFP Oct 2013- twins!  A&H born May 2014
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• Options
    thunderberrythunderberry member
    edited October 2017

13 weeks today. Lemon sized. Although we were measuring at 13w on Thursday so technically it must be a bit bigger than that.

I thought I was starting to feel better last week but am back to being pretty nauseated, tired etc. This morning I couldn't brush my teeth at all because it set off the most brutal bout of dry heaving. I think it's partly the stress/fatigue from all the worrying we're doing, not to mention the stress eating of various junk foods. I am trying to stay positive and do generally feel less terrified than I did a couple days ago. But any time I'm not actively distracting myself with engaging/fun stuff, I get so depressed. 1/28 isn't that bad, right?

Rants/Raves:

Ugh. Just ugh.

Any questions this week?

Nope.

I don't think I have one. Although there used to be someone I worked with who was convinced I looked like Kristen Stewart and would call me Bella.

• Options
    @nursemolly89 Sandbar gave a good one sentence summary, but if you want more info: https://www.thebump.com/a/nuchal-translucency-screening
    It can be done up to 14 weeks (according to that link).
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    kysquaredkysquared member
    edited November 2017
    I am 12 weeks & 4 days today. Baby is the size of a plum. 

Nausea..although it seems to be going away now.  *knock on wood*
    Heartburn
    Dead tired
    Cravings for perogies, pickles and black licorice (the Ukrainian is coming out in me!) I seriously have had that for dinner 3 nights in a row. 

Rants/Raves:
    My MIL is driving me MAD!!! Im a young mom (22y/o) so everyone thinks I need oodles of advice and horror stories abour their pregnancies.

Any questions this week?
    Is anyone else unable to talk about anything NOT pregnancy related???

I've heard Adele and Khloe Kardashian: Two polar opposites which I wholeheartedly disagree with. 
  • Options
    12+3 chicken nugget 

Still lingering nausea. Still tired. 

Rants/Raves:
    Work sucks. 

Any questions this week?
    Nope

Unknown. I’ve been told Uma Thurman but I just don’t see it. 
  • Options
    12w6d today (few days behind)
    exhaustion
    nausea in the afternoon/evening and just started making a habit of throwing up in the evenings
    Rants/Raves:
    Annoyed that I don't have any desire to eat some of my favorite foods, spicy foods, etc.  Annoyed when I eat a good meal then get rid of it.
    Any questions this week?
    n/a
    I don't think I look like anyone famous, but I have gotten the "you look like someone i know" a lot like
    @Guillerma
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @heelsidehero right there with you... I wake up with some vomiting and vomit right before bed. I have just accepted that that's is how my days go.