February 2018 Moms

Weekly Symptoms Thread | 10.30

Re: Weekly Symptoms Thread | 10.30

• 24 weeks here, still throwing up occasionally. Had potentially the worst migraine of my life yesterday, but finally was able to kick it with Tylenol, benadryl, and plenty of rest. Hip pain has subsided some, so that's a blessing. 
  • Every month when my nausea medicine runs out I do a test day or two to see if I still need it. 

I still need it :(
    +1 for that too, and after I realize I need it I tell myself I will stop torturing myself and just take the meds instead of keep testing, but then I test again, same results. 
  • Loading the player...
  • The exhaustion is back. I thought I had a few more weeks before this crap returned. Merp. and the stupid food ads on the site are making me want to gag. STOP! Ugh.
  • Question: I know lots of people are uncomfortable sleeping but is anyone in pain? I have a pretty high pain tolerance but I've found bed time to be pretty painful. I actually yelped last night and scared DH. 
  • @SarahFoley725 What kind of pain? Is it like hips and legs or round ligament pain? It can be achey to sharp and stabby depending on movement but, from my experience, the sharp and stabby shouldn't be constant and is worth investigating with your doctor.

• gingermama29gingermama29 member
    edited November 2017
    Question: I know lots of people are uncomfortable sleeping but is anyone in pain? I have a pretty high pain tolerance but I've found bed time to be pretty painful. I actually yelped last night and scared DH. 
    Yes! I woke up several times last night with pretty awful hip pain. Usually switching sides helps, but last night both hips were very painful.

ETA: words are hard
  • Question: I know lots of people are uncomfortable sleeping but is anyone in pain? I have a pretty high pain tolerance but I've found bed time to be pretty painful. I actually yelped last night and scared DH. 
    Yes to pain when lying down. Mostly just a general achiness, which is oddly relieved by being on my left side. Occasionally when I go to roll over and clench my muscles I get a sharp pain in my side that once was bad enough I yelled. I think the muscle did not want me to use it!
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Definite hip pain and sometimes I have to sleep sitting up. I've got a really good back cushion though for those situations.

In uncooperative baby news Kaleb is refusing to allow his father to feel him move. I am not kidding. He can be having a tap dance soccer fest for five minutes straight bit the second his dad touches my belly he freezes. DH removes hand, Kaleb resumes parade. Definitely living up to his Baby Groot nickname! Lol

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

ash0625babybro218
  • Glad to hear others are having issues (not that I want you to hurt I just don't want to be weird)

@rainafire77 DD did that too and this baby has started getting shy for daddy. DH is like COME ON but I just remind him how mucho DD loves him now (even though I think it's super funny)
    rainafire77
  • So I'm noticing the beginnings of stretch marks. And they itch. Is that normal? 
  • clc515 said: 
    So I'm noticing the beginnings of stretch marks. And they itch. Is that normal? 
    Totally. I recommend Bert Bees Mama Bee cream. It's wonderful!

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

jlcrunchberrybabybro218clc515babymakes9
  • I feel like I'm days away from my innie to turn into an outtie. Belly is so round!
  • Our LO has been doing the same thing @rainafire77!!  DH finally felt a kick this weekend.  
    rainafire77
  • @clc515 yep. They itch and sometimes the itch gets pretty intense.. equivalent to the intensity of stinging.  Moisturizers can help relieve the sensations, but whether you get them is largely hereditary.

The only ones that didn't itch for me are on the back of my thighs. I didn't even know they were there until after delivery!
  • New symptom: my feet are really hot in the evening and are a bit swollen if I've been active. I get swollen feet each pregnancy as a 3rd trimester symptom, but am only 24 weeks. I just feel like things are happening so much earlier this pregnancy.
  • WELL, they're hereeee- stretch marks  :s
    does anyone have advice on stopping these suckers before they get too big? I admit ive been bad about applying lotion so now I will do that religiously. Please tell me there is actually a way to keep these from getting any worse. I feel like they showed up overnight  >:)
  • wal2017 said:
    WELL, they're hereeee- stretch marks  :s
    does anyone have advice on stopping these suckers before they get too big? I admit ive been bad about applying lotion so now I will do that religiously. Please tell me there is actually a way to keep these from getting any worse. I feel like they showed up overnight  >:)
    I have food grade 100% cocoa butter than I put on (it's solid at room temp, so not a lotion.) First pregnancy, I got stretch marks on my sides where I hadn't applied it, on my boobs, and on my thighs. I think it's just hereditary for the most part, but creams/butters do seem to help and definitely help with the itching.

I never found a way to stop any after they existed... I have some pretty deep ones, but most are invisible after about a year postpartum each time. Do not itch them as it makes it worse!
  • @wal2017 from what I understand, you either get them or you don’t. It’s a genetic thing. You can’t prevent them. If you are going to get them, you are going to get them. Sorry. 
  • +1 for lower back and hip pain. It's horrible and I honestly don't know what to do for it. It's to the point of making it difficult to go bed and when it wakes me up I have to wait hours until I'm so tired I can fall asleep at the drop of a hat. If anyone finds something that works I will love you!

@wal2017 stay hydrated and lotion lotion lotion to keep the itch away. I suggest something minimal scent wise as that made it worse for me but you might be okay. Also something that has a thicker consistency.
  • New symptom: my feet are really hot in the evening and are a bit swollen if I've been active. I get swollen feet each pregnancy as a 3rd trimester symptom, but am only 24 weeks. I just feel like things are happening so much earlier this pregnancy.
    +1 me too. My hands as well.
  • New symptom that crept up this week, insomnia! I've been waking up between 330 and 530 am every morning without cause and I struggle to get back to sleep which just exacerbates daytime exhaustion. Weeeee!
    babymakes9
  • I feel like I'm days away from my innie to turn into an outtie. Belly is so round!
    Same, my button is getting smaller and smaller. 
  • wal2017 said:
    WELL, they're hereeee- stretch marks  :s
    I use two things... bio oil.
    And honest company's belly balm.
    Someone told me oils are better than lotion. Not sure if that's true. 
  • Chawk17 said:
    I feel like I'm days away from my innie to turn into an outtie. Belly is so round!
    Me too.  I did my non scientific test this morning and just the tip of my finger goes in my belly button now.  Any day now I will become an outie.
    jlcrunchberry
  • Chawk17 said:
    I feel like I'm days away from my innie to turn into an outtie. Belly is so round!
    tracking the flatness of my belly button is my favorite thing, mine has been threatening to pop for weeks, but idk if it actually ever will! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    chucksmom15
  • I also look forward to the nights when I'm on the couch and see the little babe/belly move. I'm just so fascinated, and wish I could take a peek inside and see what he does in there! 
    I agree!! It's the strangest thing to see, but I love it and love feeling her kicks and movements!
    jennifer_m21
  • Got in a tiny accident this afternoon. DD and I are fine. But I had a girlfriend tell me to call the doctor. I was so worried about DD that I forgot I was pregnant myself. Midwives said i should be okay. I was only going 8mph. Said to check back if I'm having cramps, or leaking fluids. 
    babymakes9
  • Confession: I am terrified at the idea that my belly button will/might pop out.  It is totally freaking me out, haha!
  • Confession: I am terrified at the idea that my belly button will/might pop out.  It is totally freaking me out, haha!
    Same
    lucylou214chucksmom15
    Same. Like terrified. My husband thinks it’s hilarious. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    lucylou214
  • evenstar1985evenstar1985 member
    edited November 2017
    Physically things aren't *too* bad -- some slight swelling and overall foot soreness (I've been spared hip/back pain so far, I think all of it's channeled to my feet, maybe because I have a sturdy build) -- but mentally I want to take naps a lot and have been pretty moody the past couple of days. Like, really upset about things that would normally be just annoying. Full moon maybe? I'm almost 26 weeks.
  • @pandappanderson  and @Chawk17 , glad I'm not alone!  As a FTM, it hadn't even occurred to me that this was a thing. 

• @pandappanderson  and @Chawk17 , glad I'm not alone!  As a FTM, it hadn't even occurred to me that this was a thing. 

FWIW my belly button NEVER popped with DD and I was seriously massive. I'm overweight to begin with so I don't know if that changes anything about belly button popability. It got pretty flat but never turned inside out. 

lucylou214
  • FWIW my belly button NEVER popped with DD and I was seriously massive. I'm overweight to begin with so I don't know if that changes anything about belly button popability. It got pretty flat but never turned inside out. 

Oh, good to know! I guess it's a wait and see kind of thing.  There are so many weird pregnancy things, one of my friends was like "If you find yourself wondering if a given weird symptom 'is a thing', it is.  There are a million weird 'just a things'", lol! 
  • FWIW my belly button NEVER popped with DD and I was seriously massive. I'm overweight to begin with so I don't know if that changes anything about belly button popability. It got pretty flat but never turned inside out. 

Same. 
    lucylou214

FWIW my belly button NEVER popped with DD and I was seriously massive. I'm overweight to begin with so I don't know if that changes anything about belly button popability. It got pretty flat but never turned inside out. 

There’s hope! Haha. Mine is definitely way shallower than it used to be, but if it can stay an innie that would be great. Haha. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    lucylou214

Same here.