TTC #1 since April 2015
RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
Polyp removed May 2017
FET May 2017 - BFP!
Baby boy born 2/2/18

Re: Weekly Symptoms Thread | 10.30

• My sleep is a mess (hubby is complaining that I keep rolling and shifting in bed.)

Something in my spine/tailbone area is popping... its not painful, but it's loud and uncomfortable.

My calves/legs are starting to get sore and crampy, so back to tums/calcium again. Usually I don't have to start that until 3rd trimester and i'my only 24 weeks today.
  • My sleep is a mess (hubby is complaining that I keep rolling and shifting in bed.)

Something in my spine/tailbone area is popping... its not painful, but it's loud and uncomfortable.

My calves/legs are starting to get sore and crampy, so back to tums/calcium again. Usually I don't have to start that until 3rd trimester and i'my only 24 weeks today.
    I've been having the same issue with my legs and admittedly my hands and feet too. Does the calcium help? I attributed it to arthritis flares but your suggestion is an easy/safe enough fix that I'm willing to try it.

I'm 24+4 and my hormones have gone into over drive the past week or so. Everything is upsetting to me and I have a bad attitude with a hair trigger. It's like PMS on steroids.

• Loading the player...
  • Sleeping is becoming more and more of a challenge.  I can't seem to find a comfortable position/pillow combo for my hips when I'm in bed and end up moving to the couch around 2:00.  I wasn't in a rush to order a reclining glider before now but am starting to think it might be necessary if I want to sleep between now and February.

I'm wanting to clean out closets and organize my house like a mad woman too.  I didn't think the nesting thing typically kicked in until 3rd trimester but I'm going to take full advantage.

Otherwise, just HUNGRY.  Proud of myself for successfully avoiding the Halloween candy though.  Last night was Trunk or Treat and I didn't touch a single piece.  That's a record for me!  Now let's see if I can make it through fruitcake and baking season... 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • ash0625ash0625 member
    edited October 2017
    +1 for sleep issues. I feel like I spend my entire night rolling from one side to the other and the larger I get, the more difficult it is to roll. 

My heartburn has also increased by about 1000000. Morning, noon, and night I'm either gurgling, burning, or feeling like I'm about to choke on stomach acid. 

Edited because there is a difference between "roll" and "role" 
  • Ive always had problems sleeping and now its worse so my husband bought me a snoggle to try to help me sleep but I'm not sure if it's helping. 

All the lists are making me stressed because I have no idea where to even start and no energy to do anything 

• Chawk17Chawk17 member
    edited October 2017
    Not to complain, but I've got nothing...i forgot it cuts me off.   An occasional trip to bathroom at night and that's it.  Not ravenous or anything.
  • @jlcrunchberry the calcium was recommended by my OB and helped tremendously. I take it at night and then take my prenatal in the morning.
  • Super achey abdomen here, painful to walk around with. The belly band helps a little but not completely. I feel like I went from "pregnancy is a breeze!" to "OMG I can't do this for three more months kill me now" overnight.
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Sleep is getting harder... And apparently the more flat I lay, the louder I snore (sorry, DH lol). I'm trying to get used to sleeping on my left side even using preggo pillows but I still catch myself on my back a lot. 

My lower back is also sore every time I stand up (which is getting harder to do, too). It loosens up after I walk a bit but then I get some soreness in my crotch from walking too much. I'm starting to dread the next 3 mo when I get really big! Plan to up my prenatal yoga classes to 2x a week starting next week.
  • @fatted_calf we went and got a reclining glider for that exact reason! My sleep has been a mess and our couch is not comfy and soon enough one of us is ending up in the living room. Although it won't arrive until mid-December. 
    +1 for hormonal overdrive, I feel really guilty but I can't control it. And a LOT of crying..
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Another +1 for sleep issues and heartburn.  My snoogle arrived yesterday and it is AMAZING. @ash0625 mine is just as bad.  Zantac has helped tremendously, but I need to figure out timing so I don't wake up with heartburn in the middle of the night.  It takes about an hour to kick in, so if it wakes me up, I'm up for at least an hour.  I do still get a horrible bubbling sometimes, even with the Zantac. The heartburn gives me horrible coughing fits that seem more serious to DH than I think they actually are.
  • +1 for sleep problems. I fall asleep ok but wake up around 1am for hours at a time. And the hip pain doesn’t help. I also suffer leg cramps and my OB recommended magnesium. Which has mad a difference. I also went from feeling ok to “kill me now” which for me is probably sleep related. I can only imagine how joyful it will be as we all get larger. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Every month when my nausea medicine runs out I do a test day or two to see if I still need it. 

I still need it :(

I've been having the same issue with my legs and admittedly my hands and feet too. Does the calcium help? I attributed it to arthritis flares but your suggestion is an easy/safe enough fix that I'm willing to try it.

I'm 24+4 and my hormones have gone into over drive the past week or so. Everything is upsetting to me and I have a bad attitude with a hair trigger. It's like PMS on steroids.

+2 for the leg cramps..and back pain.

I am crying at the drop of a hat. And sometimes for no reason at all. Just having a shower and boom - breakdown.  

I also have a lot of pain in between my ribs. Anyone else?
  • @sugarcoateddonut I'm with you on rib pain.  It's particularly bad if I'm sitting for a long period of time.
  • @babybro218 yeah - I have Zantac but I've struggled with timing too. Too early, and I wake up. Too late, and I can't go to sleep. I'm chewing tums before bed, but I wake up in the morning with a pit of lava in my chest. 
  • +1 for heartburn and sleep problems. I slept practically sitting up last night to try and stop the acid in my throat. Even without heartburn I’m up to having 3 pillows and a snoogle made into a nest to sleep. Haha. 

My mattress is too firm and causes my hips so much pain so I make myself a layer of pillows on top of it, one at head, space for arm, one at hips, and one at legs and then wrap the snoogle around the entire thing. I feel like I’m lording over DH I’m so high up compared to him but it seems to help
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Beginnings of rib pain.  This got excruciating with me for DS1 in third trimester, can't believe it's starting so soon this time... and I am so hungry but eat a super small meal and my stomach is so uncomfortably full that my food is in my throat.  And pelvic discomfort/fatigue.  Generally everything related to my torso is complaint-worthy.  But given the prevalence of leg cramps on this week's symptoms board, I guess I should be grateful those are still in tact!
  • @sugarcoateddonut I'm with you on rib pain.  It's particularly bad if I'm sitting for a long period of time.
    Same! Driving anywhere further than an hour is awful.

I thought it was so weird to be having it at 24 weeks! I didn't think it would happen until she was much bigger!
    Same! Driving anywhere further than an hour is awful.

I thought it was so weird to be having it at 24 weeks! I didn't think it would happen until she was much bigger!
    I have this with hip pain. Sitting long period seems to open up my hips and he drops? I stand up and my baby bump has shrunk, tons of pressure down below and so much hip pain.
  • I am just flat out exhausted.  Probably bc like all of you sleeping is a ridiculous task.  We went to a nice dinner Saturday night and I almost fell asleep waiting on dessert.  

The soreness in my hips and crotch as the day wears on is fun as well.
  • I can still only sleep comfortably on the couch - DH said once the baby comes I’ll be able to sleep laying down again. He clearly does not remember life with a newborn at all.

im starving and then full after a couple bites which makes me sad. Speaking of sad - I cry all the time. Mostly over DS being adopted and so I didn’t get to experience all of these pregnancy kicks with him. He has a wonderful Adoption story and I was there for his delivery, but I cry about it every day. I was reading about my hospitals L&D and maternity wards and it said how they do everything for the baby right in your room - like the first bath. The hospital DS was delivered in wouldn’t let us stay over night so I was not there for his first bath. It just hit me really hard and hasn’t stopped hitting me since. Sorry this turned in to such a long rant.
  • I've had a return of nausea and food aversions. Add to that I'm hungry all the time but whenever I try to eat it's "oh dear god not that!" I've only gained 5 pounds so far this pregnancy. I was overweight before and Dr doesn't seem concerned but I gained like 50 pounds with DD. It's just so different this time.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• +1 for the hip and back soreness. Heating pads were my best friend this weekend. I'm definitely having trouble sleeping too. 
    Also I accidentally called my baby my cat's name yesterday, so let's go ahead and chalk that one up to pregnancy brain.
  • I've had a return of nausea and food aversions. Add to that I'm hungry all the time but whenever I try to eat it's "oh dear god not that!" I've only gained 5 pounds so far this pregnancy. I was overweight before and Dr doesn't seem concerned but I gained like 50 pounds with DD. It's just so different this time.
    Same here.
    1st I gained about 30lbs
    2nd I gained about 25-30lbs
    this time around I started overweight, I'm about 3-4lbs down from my pre-pregnancy weight.

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of food aversions are hitting you? My latest and not-so-greatest is peanut butter.
  • Also, little man is consistently kicking about 1-1.5 hours after I eat. Down into my cervix. It's reassuring and/but I wish he'd aim higher too lol. 
  • @jlcrunchberry Lol anything actually! Last night I tried to eat turkey and almost vomited but could eat the mashed potatoes. Had a hot dog the other day because it sounded good, took one bite and had to give it to my husband. Before the turkey, DH suggested spaghetti and meatballs. I felt my stomach lurch and i must have turned green because he said "so I take that as a no then?" Poor guy is trying so hard. I'm back to consuming lemon and lime popsicles & sucking on sour candies. 

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• clc515 said:
    Also, little man is consistently kicking about 1-1.5 hours after I eat. Down into my cervix. It's reassuring and/but I wish he'd aim higher too lol. 
    Ugh. Those low vag kicks are the worst. This baby refuses to be head down and although I love feeling kicks, I'd be ecstatic if he would flip and kick a little higher.
  • love-mom-lifelove-mom-life member
    edited October 2017
    Have hip pain. Especially at night time. 
    Still have a lot of pressure down there. Hurts to walk after a while. And I go to bed with an ice pack in my crotch
  • I have no real big complaints because I’m just grateful to keep this little guy right where he is. BUT with that said, my lady bits are so swollen. Like wtf? I don’t remember that happening with DD. Maybe it’s because of my short cervix this time? 
  • @meatballs37 hooray for your little guy staying put still! Ice pads?
  • @meatballs37 hooray for your little guy staying put still! Ice pads?
    I’ve been using witch hazel pads and it doesn’t seem to be helping. :( I do know he is head down. 
  • I now know what you all mean by cervix kicks. I guess he flipped over, and is stomping right on it. @meatballs37 I have the same swelling. It took a while for me to figure out why I was feeling so uncomfortable and my underwear was pinching! It seems to come and go for me.
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Every once in a while, I get some insomnia. My biggest issue is health wise: I was stung by a wasp a few weeks back and had to be on antibiotics so the infection wouldn’t spread. Now, my OB thinks I have a yeast infection... like, when will this end?! I just want to be normal again! 
  • @meatballs37 and @eggplantface, when I was pregnant with my son is 2012, my birth month board called the swollen lady bits cheeseburger crotch, haha. I never had it, but it seemed fairly common with others. 
  • Every once in a while, I get some insomnia. My biggest issue is health wise: I was stung by a wasp a few weeks back and had to be on antibiotics so the infection wouldn’t spread. Now, my OB thinks I have a yeast infection... like, when will this end?! I just want to be normal again! 
    Ack! This was me a few weeks back. I had a sinus infection then a yeast infection and UTI that traveled to bladder and kidneys. Meanwhile DH and kids had a stomach flu. I was miserable for a solid four weeks. I feel your pain. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
  • @meatballs37 sadly I think it’s normal. I think all the extra blood flow causes that problem. I actually went in with one of my pregnancies bc I was concerned about it and they said I was fine. I’ve noticed with each pregnancy it gets a little worse and happens faster. It’s so uncomfortable.
  • +1 for crummy sleep, but things have been a little off here lately with a severe wind and rain storm knocking out our power, and then pup tummy troubles last night.  Thankfully, the power is back and the dog seems to have settled, so fingers crossed for tonight? I do think my Snoogle helps, but I am still awake to pee, and repositioning all night long. 

Occasionally, I'm having some food aversions, or in the middle of something I'll all of a sudden not be able to take another bite because it sounds nauseating, but to be totally fair, I've always been a weird and picky eater, so this isn't completely out of character.  I'm actually surprised it hasn't been worse.  

Hang in there, ladies! We can do this! :) 
  • @meatballs37 I had that problem while pregnant with DD. DH made so much fun of me but I would wrap one of those cheap ice pops in a towel and that always helped since I could kind of wedge it between my labia.