June 2018 Moms
Options

Early u/s question after IVF?

edited October 2017 in June 2018 Moms
After two failed IUIs, egg retrieval with only two embryos remaining on day 6 and one failed FET, we finally got a BFP!  I’m now 6w5d. I had an unofficial scan a week ago at 5.5wks that showed a gestational sac measuring perfectly but when I went for my official scan two days ago at 6w3d we couldn’t see anything except a gestational sac that was measuring small. Saw something that could’ve been a flicker but not really sure. Doc says this can happen and is having me come back in a week for a repeat scan. Wondering if this has happened to anyone else and everything turned out OK ? Pretty much freaking out! 

Re: Early u/s question after IVF?

• Options
    How many weeks are you?
  • Options
    Sorry I thought I put that in the question. I’m now 6w5d. Was 6w3d at time of scan. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had this with my second son, and even his hcg levels were barely doubling, we did see a heartbeat just before 7wks but then on way home from that scan I bled heavily and passed clots, went to ER and was told I miscarried, went two weeks later when the bleeding wouldn't stop to check for retained products and there he was heart still beating! He is now almost 2yrs old! 
    The first few months of pregnancy after ivf are hell, even now I'm worried sick that this bean won't stick because I'm bleeding yet again but my hubby just keeps saying to be positive and it's not over until every aspect (blood test/scan) etc says it's over. 
  • Options
    Thank you that actually makes me feel a little better