May 2018 Moms

Physical health check-in 10/27

This thread is for those who are trying to maintain physical activity throughout pregnancy. It can be walking around the block, hitting the gym, training for a marathon, and everything in between. 
There is no physical activity too small during pregnancy. 

How far along are you?

What type of activity/activities have you been doing?

How are you feeling about your activity? 

Do you need any extra push from us this week?

Questions, raves, rants, concerns?

GTKY- What exercise, workout, gym have you always wanted to try, but couldn't afford it, there wasn't one close, your body wasn't made for it, etc?

Re: Physical health check-in 10/27

• How far along are you? 13w3d

What type of activity/activities have you been doing? MX4 (24 minute HIIT class) 2-3x/week and lifting followed by dance Fitness 2x/week

How are you feeling about your activity? I missed a week (because life) so Wednesday was my first day back doing HIIT and it FELT like I’d taken months off. I could not catch my breath during the minute breaks like I normally can, and I was wiped out for the rest of the day. When I’m not pregnant exercise gives me energy for the rest of the day, but not lately. 

GTKY- What exercise, workout, gym have you always wanted to try, but couldn't afford it, there wasn't one close, your body wasn't made for it, etc? 
    Aerial yoga and cardio striptease!
  • How far along are you? 12w4d

What type of activity/activities have you been doing? Barre err'day. Hiked once last week. 

How are you feeling about your activity? I need to run more, but I don't wanna. 

Do you need any extra push from us this week? I'm probably less likely to do it if people tell me to bc I am a brat ha. So no, I just need to stop letting my excuses win. 

Questions, raves, rants, concerns? Nada. 

Agree with @MissusTexas on aerial yoga! 
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 13+4

What type of activity/activities have you been doing? Running, walking, and yoga

How are you feeling about your activity?  Not great.  I've only fit on one workout this week.  I've had to work late two nights this week and we've been busy with other things.  

Do you need any extra push from us this week? Yes!  Someone make me accountable for 3 workouts!

Questions, raves, rants, concerns? Nothing specific.  I just wish I felt better.  I love working out and it makes me sad that I have no motivation to do it right how.  HG can suck it.  

GTKY- What exercise, workout, gym have you always wanted to try, but couldn't afford it, there wasn't one close, your body wasn't made for it, etc? Gymnastics.  I am so uncoordinated
  • @mileswithmyles let’s make a plan! What days can you workout and what’s the best time? What are your usual excuses and we’ll knock them out.
  • @MissusTexas honestly, my biggest issue right now is my HG.  I either feel like am going to throw up/am throwing up, or so tired from the meds I am on to stop the throwing up that I need a nap.  

I am committed to meeting my running buddy tomorrow morning for a walk.  She's injured, so we can't run, but we will do our 4.5 mile loop tomorrow.  Other days, it just depends on my work schedule.  I have to work late on Thursday, so I likely won't be able to workout that day.  But all my other afternoons/evenings are okay this coming week. 
  • How far along are you?
    10w 2d

OrangeTheory Fitness (HIIT) 2-3 times a week, jogging 2 times a week 

This week was my first full week back since pelvic rest/travel so I was slower but overall I felt really good. I got on the scale for the first time in about 5 weeks- no movement so that made me happy!

Nope

if I could afford a personal trainer I would be all over that. I need someone who will push me and tell me what to do. OTF gives me that for the most part but a 1:1 experience would be even better.

@MissusTexas and @silverhope I tried aerial yoga twice over the summer. Not a fan. I ended up with these CRAZY bruises behind my knees and down my calves. The material cuts into you pretty intense. I asked the instructor about it and she said to think of it as deep tissue message. I said pass.
  • @mileswithmyles Never enough time! I'm with you. 
    @MissusTexas I've noticed it drains me too.  But, it helps me sleep better!
    @sharkmama39 The pelvic rest has totally made my husband "limit" my activity.  He always says, you need to think about more than jut yourself now.  I'm like.....yah, I am, sitting around doing nothing is not healthy!
    @MissusTexas and @silverhope I can't even get through a regular yoga class without getting dizzy...aerial yoga makes me cringe with dizziness.  I do have slight vertigo though when coming up from bending over. 

How far along are you?
    13 + 4

Walking and Hiking

Wish I could do more but I spot or bleed from anything more strenuous.  Total Mind F@ck

Nope, might just ease into a little jog on the treadmill and see what happens

At least I'm active. After 8 weeks of pelvic rest I feel like a lazy fat sloth.

Rock climbing Gym!

• How far along are you?
    10w5d

Kickboxing 

Still pretty good. I feel better now that then RE and OB signed off on it. And the trainers there have been great with adjusting a few things to minimize any potential issues.

Not really. Last week I slacked and only went once. I'm trying to do 3 days a week and I think DH needs a reminder to push me out the door if I'm feeling ok.

I'm concerned about how much candy I'm going to eat between the candy our kids get, but we won't allow them to eat yet and the candy we have to hand out.

I wish I could do yoga! And those Barre studios seem super interesting. 

I don't want this thread to get too redundant or boring so let me know if you think we should mix up questions or add in a different weekly question or anything. 
  • @suchaglencoco
    maybe we can add in what successes we had and what challenges we faced each week?

trying to think of some others
  • I did 10 minutes of yoga tonight. It’s somethjng, right?
  • suchaglencocosuchaglencoco member
    edited October 2017
    10 minutes is better than 0 minutes! 
    That's the logic I use when I workout. It's not the 60 minutes like I used to do, but the 40 minutes is way better than 0!
  • @sharkmama39  eep! I did not realize aerial yoga involved bruising for novices. I think I’d still like to try it some day, but I’m sure I’ll get bruising, silk burn, and pull something. I’m pretty inflexible.
    Also I need to use you as my running inspo. Go you with both jogging and OTF! 

@justsuzie I taught rock climbing at a summer camp I worked at! I’m really not that good considering I taught it, but it is such a fun workout. Only bad thing is hand callouses/finger blisters. And...definitely not an activity for pregnant ladies, but fun for post-baby  :)
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• How far along are you?
    12 +2

Nothing- been on pelvic rest with strict no exercise instructions. But I've been cleared to start walking and increasing my activity so I'm really excited!

Overall not great- I had big dreams of running and racing (at a slower pace) throughout my pregnancy and those dreams went out the window. I'm trying to be grateful that I can walk now- all I can focus on is how much fitness I've lost!

My goal is walking for 20 min 5/7 this week- it's here so I'll have to be accountable next week!

The Bump is literally the worst speller on the planet- it tries to autocorrect every single word to something random that's doesn't even make sense.

i really want to run a triathlon someday. But i don't really like swimming and don't own a  bike...... maybe someday!

• edited October 2017
    Posting here to accountability- I did a 4 mile walk yesterday and a 2 mile run today. 
  • @MissusTexas I've done both on classpass and I really enjoyed them both. I did not bruise or get hurt during aerial yoga at all. I even took my mom and she was fine. Cardio strip tease is a lot of fun too, I was surprised at how much fun it was! 

@mileswithmyles yes, 10 minutes of yoga is great! I want to try to do that too, just squeeze in micro workouts, but I can't even bring myself to do that. Also, proud of you for sticking to your plan and running and walking! You're inspiring me this week. 

How far along are you? 11w4d 

What type of activity/activities have you been doing? Hiking, walking, and yoga

How are you feeling about your activity? I need to do more and I'm feeling comfortable starting Barre again

Do you need any extra push from us this week? Nope 

Questions, raves, rants, concerns? Nope

GTKY- What exercise, workout, gym have you always wanted to try, but couldn't afford it, there wasn't one close, your body wasn't made for it, etc? Kickboxing although I don't like high impact exercise so not sure if I'd like it. I would also like to run but I just can't get into it.