May 2018 Moms

Grey’s Anatomy **SPOILERS**

so I’ve been binge watching greys anatomy. Started on season 1 and I am now almost done with season 13. Yes, I’ve been watching it straight through. Hours daily. My brain is greys anatomy mush. 

I just need someone to talk about it with me. 

most annoying character? Favorite storyline? Least favorite storyline? Let’s talk! 

The board is slow so why not!

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Grey’s Anatomy **SPOILERS**

• April effing Kepler makes me want to jump off a cliff. I literally fast forward through her scenes. Her face bothers me, her reactions bother me, her whole storyline bothers me. 

Amelia Shepherd is another one I can’t stand. I just don’t see what she adds to any of the story. She literally told Owen she wanted 5 babies and now she doesn’t?? Ok? What’s your deal. not gonna lie though, I fast forward through her scenes too so she might have explains why she changed her mind and I missed it. 

I think I’m just bitter because I miss Christina yang. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • It's my favorite show ever!!!!      I've watched it all the way through several times.   My least favorite person is Amelia, her character has too many plot holes for me.  Also Teddy and Owen need to be together.   :) 
  • Loading the player...
  • It's my favorite show ever!!!!      I've watched it all the way through several times.   My least favorite person is Amelia, her character has too many plot holes for me.  Also Teddy and Owen need to be together.   :) 
    The story with teddy and Henry also bother me. She barely knew him And I feel like they rushed how attached she was to him. Once he passed, it seemed like overkill with how she was makin chfristina repeat how he died over and over again. Like ok, you knew the guy for like 5 minutes. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My least favorite character was Dr. Minnick last season. She was so annoying. I didn’t care for Burke much, either. 

My favorite storyline was Alex/Jane Doe from a long time ago. It was an interesting arc for Alex. 

I hated the Izzy has a brain tumor storyline. I wish they would have found a better way to handle that character. 

I miss the earlier seasons, especially Christina and George. And I miss Callie. 

@lincbeesmom did you watch Private Practice? I feel like it explains way more about her character. 
  • Yeah Dr. Minnick was lame. I feel like they were kind of reaching for any kind of storyline for season 13.

I think Alex might be my favorite character. He comes off as this tough guy but always falls in love with the women who need help and is an adorable saver of baby lives. I kind of want him and Meredith to fall in love. 

I miss Christina the most. I loved her dry sense of humor. She wasn’t like any of the other chracters. Although I do feel like the relationship between her and Owen was a bit odd and I cringed every time they’d make out because he would do that awkward aggressive  Makeout. 

I haven’t seen private practice but I’ll need something new to watch once I’m done with grey’s!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yes, amelia is the worst. Even though i know her back story, i just feel like she whines too much.
  • Owen is by far the worst in my opinion. I hated that Christina married him. I hated that he keeps living through every catastrophe that comes their way. I hate his face. I just hate it. I cannot stand him and Amelia together. 

April is another one I don't like. She blamed Jackson for everything she did wrong. And then she ran away after Samuel passed and left Jackson to deal with his grieve alone. That's not what you do in a marriage. 

I'm glad Izzie is gone because I have a bad taste in my mouth about that actress. She talked so much junk about her break out film and then got mad when she was nominated for an Emmy for a season she didn't like. Seriously? And then she refused to come to work because she adopted a child. Just cannot get behind her anymore. And I've read rumors she is coming back which is awful. 

My favorites are Bailey and Webber. Meredith can be so whiney. And it's also weird how they threw a sister at her recently. 

I do love the way Alex has developed into a great guy and how great they made him with kids.

I don't think I have a favorite storyline, but the twists in the show used to be amazing. Like when John Doe was 007, aka George. Or when Derek was married. Or when Burke left Christina. The good ol' days.

I will miss it when I goes off the air, but I think they're really stretching for material at this point. And I'm also upset Nathan is now randomly gone. He was the best add on in my opinion since Jackson .
  • @suchaglencoco those were all great storylines. I’ve watched since the beginning and the show definitely isn’t as good as it used to be.  Bailey and Webber are amazing and I love Bailey and Ben’s marriage. 
  • I just recently read that there is a spinoff with a firefighting theme and that Ben will be a lead in that show. So I guess that means he will be leaving Grey's????  It makes sense with how he is being secretive and working out more in the show, and I think last night's preview is alluding to it.
  • Like a fire/emt spinoff? That could be interesting. He did mention something about training for fire school in the preview. 
      I could never get into Private Practice. I hate those crossover episodes and don't watch them when I binge.
  • @suchaglencoco I watched it because I really liked Addison.  I thought she was a good character and wished she would have stayed on Grey's.
  • After reading through this thread, I'm pretty confident now that i really don't like any of the current characters. The show really tanked, IMO, once Christina left. 
  • @RachelT1234 I’ve been forcing myself to watch the latest episodes. All the current characters are just super whiny and over dramatic. Their funny moments aren’t even funny. Everything felt natural with George, Christina, Alex, and even Izzy sometimes. 

Just started the latest season. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Owen is my least favorite. His acting doesn't sell me and he's not very emotional. I didn't like his marriage to Christina or Amelia. 

And I have to disagree with almost everyone here. I really like Amelia. Maybe because I watched her all through Private Practice. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I cannot stand Owen. He really is a bad actor and the whole thing with his sister is just so bad. It’s not believable at all. ANYTIME he kisses anyone it’s akways so aggressive and weird. He also reminds me of my BIL, who I love but still haha. It’s just weird.
    And honestly, any story with mamas delivering just makes me cringe... like the one about nipple stimulation and having sex during labor. I’m sorry, if my doctor didn’t understand the way these play a roll in labor then COME ON!! 
  • @mamabird515 I agree about Owen's acting. I feel like he only acts through his eyebrows. If that even makes sense haha

• @RachelT1234 hahaha I’m gojbg to be watching his eyebrows instead from now on! It might make me like him more hahha! 
  • I wonder if his acting is so bad because he's covering up his accent.
  • I have seen every episode and while it is soooo different now, I still love it. I hate that Derek is gone, but they did end his character pretty well. Sad, but better to not ruin the love story by just having him move or divorce. I miss Addison, and George...don't really miss Izzie or Christina honestly. 
    In regards to storylines being unbelievable, they are all pretty unbelievable, but entertaining non the less. I love shonda rhimes and I'll be sad whenever they do end the show! Just like I'm super sad scandal is ending!
  • @holli0801 I used to love McDreamy.... and then my friend got hired to do wardrobe and told me what a colossal  asshat he was.  I am also sad Scandal is ending, but glad it is ending while it is still good.  I wouldn't want them to do the show without Kerry Washington!
  • I wonder if his acting is so bad because he's covering up his accent.
    Accent?!?! Is he British or something?? Mind blown. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @lincbeesmom, yup, born and raised in Scotland.