April 2018 Moms

The things people say....

Re: The things people say....

• @lindsye I think part of the problem may be that he feels like I will never touch him again anyway at this point so his filter has disappeared... but your definitely right. He is NOT helping his case at all, especially considering I am finally starting to feel better with the MS.  
  • Loading the player...
  • @shireeallason omg YES to the comments from people about being too organized or whatever to not find out. Multiple people including good friends have said that to me. I'm actually a super organized person and a major planner but I'm still not finding out. It's possible to do both, and it would also be completely fine if I wasn't like that. Eye rolllllll. 

Me: 31  DH: 32
    Married: 10/3/15 
    TTC: May 2017
    BFP: 7/20/17
    EDD: 3/29/18
  • @frenchiekinplusone Me too! I'm a huge planner and completely organized. You can totally be team green and organized. 
  • @JJMNO1616 I totally hear you - I remember my husband being like that when I was pregnant with my first. I think he was actually afraid that we would have a sexless marriage from then until eternity - it's like he totally didn't get that pregnancy is a profoundly life-changing and difficult experience, but that it would end... and so would my complete disinterest in sex.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • bchalm said:
    So we have not publicly announced yet, but I've seen several April babies on my Facebook feed. The most annoying thing I've seen is, after people announce, someone will say something like "i hope you can still make it to the birthday party/wedding/some other random event" idk why but it just bothers me. Like right after I have a baby or towards the end of my pregnancy, I'm going to be worried about showing up to your event.
    Yeah, I had a cousin with no kids ask if I’m still hosting Easter this year (for 25 people). Um no. No I’m not....
  • I remember something that gave me a good laugh when I was pregnant with DS. DS is a September baby and a guy I worked with was all "So you're going to pregnant all Summer long... WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!" I told him it took us a while to pregnant and at that point I was happy to take being pregnant all Summer long vs not being pregnant at all.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • With my first pregnancy, a male co-worker kept going on and on about how attractive and sexy pregnant women are and how he was so horny when his wife was pregnant.  It totally makes me uncomfortable to be around him because I don't want to know the thoughts going on in his head. I just don't know why he would tell me something like that.  It's so creepy. He constantly asked if he could touch my pregnant belly and I always said no.  Everytime he passes me in the hallway now, he makes an outline of a pregnant belly with his hands over his stomach.  Like, what does that even mean?
  • @jbn999 EW. No.

Married: 11/2011
    DS-9/2012
    DD-7/2015
    Sweet Angel Boy born too soon 12/17/17
    EDD-4/2019

• @jbn999 I'm with everyone else, report that mothereffer, that is beyond the pale. No one should have to put up with that. 
  • I know I should report him, but, unfortunately, I’ve allowed this kind of behavior for the past 9 years.  I work with all men and I wanted to be “like one of the guys,” and not treated like a little, frail, easily offended woman.  He hasn’t said anything about it to me this pregnancy, but as soon as he does, I’m going to call him out.  This pregnancy has really brought out the bitch in me and I have been on quite a rampage with telling people off lately (and then go cry in the bathroom).  I’m glad to see that I’m not the only one who thinks his behavior and comments are creeeeepy!

• Thank you for your comment @kmalls.  You make a good point.  I can stop it before it even begins.
  • Thank you, @lindsye
  • @julzy Yep I have totally got the twins thing... like why don't you just say what you mean and say I am as big a a house?? kthanksbye
    @rach-j Omg my mom keeps asking me if I am okay because I am super fair but my lips went stark white as soon as I got pregnant. No idea why - I am not anemic or anything. I have actually been trying to wear lipstick more because I don't want the comments! 
    @ngolimento Huh I guess I should give up the blonde then. Was it hard to dye it a true strawberry? My hair naturally picks up red. Like when I tried to go brunette (big mistake) it was more of a red brown. 
    @jbn999 That is disturbing.
  • @JJMNO1616 WTF - I would kill my H. SMH - people just lack sense sometimes. I really like @lindsye 's comment. Perfect response.
  • @saralee797-2 my natural color is a dirty ash blonde, and picks up red really easily too.  I dye it either a strawberry blonde or super light Auburn, and it really works well for me (like my hair is relaxing into the true color it is supposed to be :p).

I have actually had people complain to me a couple of times about how unnatural women who try to dye their hair red look, and why do they do that?  They should just leave it to naturals like me, yada yada.  Makes me die laughing inside every time.  I think a lot of people try to push their hair into a super rich or dark red, and that tends to not look natural. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • jenotontxjenotontx member
    edited October 2017
    @saralee797-2 my natural color is a dirty ash blonde, and picks up red really easily too.  I dye it either a strawberry blonde or super light Auburn, and it really works well for me (like my hair is relaxing into the true color it is supposed to be :p).

I have actually had people complain to me a couple of times about how unnatural women who try to dye their hair red look, and why do they do that?  They should just leave it to naturals like me, yada yada.  Makes me die laughing inside every time.  I think a lot of people try to push their hair into a super rich or dark red, and that tends to not look natural. 
    Most of the women in my family have that natural orange red hair. Mine turned out to be more of a dish water brown with red tone. I hate the natural color of my hair because it's just boring imo so I have colord my hair FOREVER. Although I have had it all colors under the sun I decided to start coloring it red several years ago. I have perfected the color now and absolutely no one realizes my color isn't natural. Everyone keeps saying how we are going to have beautiful ginger babies. While I hope we do I'm not so sure it will turn out that way! 
  • I just remembered another one...

One is my husbands bosses said “What are you thinking? Haven’t you figured out how that works yet?” I not so politely responded that we had been trying for over 4 1/2 years and had some struggles, in a few more worsa. He immediately shut up and felt like a dick. 

Me (33). DH (37). DD (2.2012). MCs x4. After 4 years & 7 months, due 4.2018!

• I got "is that a bump or from stress eating" today lol... (I'm in the beginning stages of a divorce) I instantly got defensive (my dr. Said I have gained the perfect amount of weight!) When I should have called the person out :/
  • I was with my mom and we were going to eat somewhere. I didn't feel great and everything I thought about eating at that place made me gag. I asked her if we could eat somewhere else and she laughed and said, "you are definitely having a girl." Because I don't want to throw up my lunch...ok?

Also, I feel like I can't be frustrated without it being because I am pregnant. I hate that people think they can say anything to a pregnant woman. 
  • My husband thought it was funny to joke about what I was eating over the weekend. We were with his family and all of us were eating cake and he said he won't be surprised if our children have diabetes from all the sweets I eat. Literally, the only sweet I had that day was cake and I haven't even been wanting sweet stuff! 
  • @peppersmith22 I hope you made him sleep on the couch after that! Not okay!!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• A coworker who I'm pretty good friends with has been pushing a lot of his work off onto me the past few weeks as he's been busy with other stuff. I finally had enough and told him I couldn't take on another project. In front of half of our office he told me I was overreacting because I was pregnant. He's young and single, the rest of the group we were with are married men with kids--I didn't even have to stand up for myself because they all set him straight immediately. But dang it, who says something like that??
    BabyFruit Ticker

• kaymaroo said:
    A coworker who I'm pretty good friends with has been pushing a lot of his work off onto me the past few weeks as he's been busy with other stuff. I finally had enough and told him I couldn't take on another project. In front of half of our office he told me I was overreacting because I was pregnant. He's young and single, the rest of the group we were with are married men with kids--I didn't even have to stand up for myself because they all set him straight immediately. But dang it, who says something like that??
    Wow, well I'm really glad to hear you had support from your other co-workers. That takes a lot of nerve especially considering it's his work. I hope he feels like an ass now.