February 2018 Moms

GTKY- Halloween

Saw this on another BMB and thought it would be fun to share

:

On a scale of 1-10 how "into" Halloween are you?

What was your favorite/best costume you wore as a kid?  As an adult?

Are you dressing up this year?

Most important question: What is your favorite Halloween candy?

What is your favorite Horror (or Halloween) movie?

Any Halloween traditions?

DD angel baby 10/16 <3
Rainbow Due 02/20/18

Re: GTKY- Halloween

• On a scale of 1-10 how "into" Halloween are you?

As a child of the 80s I always wore the cheap plastic costumes with the masks that made your face sweat and you couldn't breathe in. Now a days I don't dress up too often, one year I was a crazy cat lady inspired from Pinterest and I won a contest at work for.

I bought a maternity top with a pumpkin and I'll throw on a funky hat. I have to work that day and it's a weeknight. :s  

I love all the chocolate: resee's, kit kats, snickers, etc.

What is your favorite Horror (or Halloween) movie? I love horror movies, Some of my favorite are: the Texas Chainsaw, House of 1000 corpses, Halloween, and The Conjuring movies.

I love going to Haunted Houses!!!  I'm bummed that I can't go this year, but better safe than sorry with little baby. One of the creepiest I've been to is Eastern State Penn in Philadelphia, which is one of the top haunted and creepiest haunted attractions the area.  

DD angel baby 10/16 <3
    Rainbow Due 02/20/18

I would say 7.

Best costume as a kid was a picnic. As an adult I feel like I've kind of struck out. DH and I went as "Fire and Ice" one year... a pirate and a parrot another year... but we haven't dressed up in a while. As much as I love making costumes, I just haven't had time :(

My dream family costume (maybe next year!) is Buttercup, Westley, and kids as ROUSes from The Princess Bride.

No, but I spent an inordinate amount of time making my daughter's monster costume. I will readily admit that one of the things I most looked forward to about having kids was the excuse to make Halloween costumes! My mom always made mine, and I also love to sew.

Reeces PB cups. I ate an entire bag of them when I was pregnant with my daughter. I noticed that when DH bought the candy this year, they were conspicuously absent :( Runner up is KitKat, which was also missing from the bag. Grrrr.

Hocus Pocus, hands-down. I'm not a big horror fan (the exception being Get Out), so I go for campy ;)

A trip to a pumpkin patch, drinking apple cider and eating apple cider donuts with cinnamon sugar
    Married 5/27/13
    Anniversary

Baby#2
    BabyFetus Ticker

DD#1
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Loading the player...
    2– I don’t enjoy dressing up but now having a little girl (20 months) I’m starting to love it for her!

As a kid: jasmine from Aladdin 

As an adult: 80s workout with a group of friends in college

Nope! Lol I already promised my hubby that next year we can have a family costume since we will have 2 kids

Reece’s!!!!!!! 

Hocus Pocus

We carve pumpkins the week before and go to our friends house who lives in a huge neighborhood! 
  • On a scale of 1-10 how "into" Halloween are you? 8!

What was your favorite/best costume you wore as a kid?  As an adult? My favorite was cookie monster (some plastic costume with the uncomfortable mask to breathe out of, haha!). In the past, I was a loofah with a few girlfriends, Medusa, jester, Cleopatra, and last year, DH and I were bacon and egg! I love dressing up for Halloween!

Are you dressing up this year? Unfortunately, not this year. Most parties are this weekend, and we are out of town this weekend on our babymoon. Since Halloween is on a Tuesday, we'll most likely stay in and watch a movie. I think we will watch Beetlejuice this year!

Most important question: What is your favorite Halloween candy? Anything chocolate! Although, red and pink Starbursts are a close second.

What is your favorite Horror (or Halloween) movie? The Orphanage comes to mind. The Ring, Exorcist, and Paranormal Activity also scared the hell out of me!

Not really, but hoping we get to wear costumes as a family and go pumpkin picking next year!

What was your favorite/best costume you wore as a kid?  As an adult?  I can't remember any of my costumes as a kid.  Last year I dressed up as Sally from Charlie Brown for a team theames Halloween. We won so it was worth it. 

Are you dressing up this year?  At work only. I'm going to be a Sneetch from Dr. Seuss.  I've got a pumpkin shirt to give out candy in. 

Most important question: What is your favorite Halloween candy? Reece's pumpkins. 

What is your favorite Horror (or Halloween) movie?  Hocus Pocus when I was a kid. I'm not big into horror movies. 

Any Halloween traditions?  Nope.  We're pretty boring. 
    Definitely a 10! I LOVE Halloween!!

Thumbelina- it was my first store-bought costume. My mom always made our costumes before that, but she couldn't sew so she used a hot glue gun haha. Store-bought felt like a real luxury and I felt so elegant in the long gown with ruffles. I didn't want to take it off, and secretly slept in it that night. Woke up drenched in sweat from the non-breathable material.

Not really. I don't enjoy the way I look when I'm pregnant, so I just have a generic Halloween T-shirt so I still look festive without calling attention to my bump.

Twix, ever since I was a kid. 

I love horror movies any time of year, so for me Halloween is for the fun Halloween themed movies- Nightmare Before Christmas and Hocus Pocus.

DD is only 1 so we don't really have any for our little family yet. When I was a kid though my brother, sister, and I would sit at the kitchen table when we got home from Tick-or-Treating and dump out all of our candy. We would then proceed into very serious and intense candy trading. We even had an established "budget" for how many of each candy equaled another, which my brother had written down and kept locked in his treasure chest in his room the rest of the year. Snickers was the most expensive and was rarely traded. I enjoyed this more than actually eating the candy haha. I like to think one day DD and this baby will have their own elaborate traditions like this.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @katefb17 I love your Princess Bride idea!!
    BabyFruit Ticker

Probably a 5-6 now. Ever since my best friend passed (her funeral was on Halloween) it’s been a struggle.

Kid: Probably a mummy. I wasn’t too creative with costumes. 

Adult: In college, I dressed up as Malibu Barbie and went to the bars. Let me tell you, it’s cold in Colorado on October nights. Ha. 

My work allows us to dress up, so I will actually participate this year! I am an X-RAY and MRI tech, so I found a shirt with some bones on it. I plan on creating a stencil and painting a baby skeleton on my belly. I’m sooo excited! I get asked all the time at work now how far along I am. 

Reeces or Twix. 

I love the gore of the Saw Series... But I also like the true stories (The Conjuring, Annabelle). Those are the ones that really get me scared. 

In the past few years, my favorite band has come to town. So we are going to their concert this weekend. It’ll be baby’s first concert and I’m so excited it’s with my favorite band.

We usually carve pumpkins with DH’s Family the week before Halloween. 

• On a scale of 1-10 how "into" Halloween are you? About a 5. Maybe as far as a 6 lol.

What was your favorite/best costume you wore as a kid?  As an adult? My favorite one was dressing up as "sleeping with the fishes" so I was in blueish PJs, sleep mask that said "sleeping" and fuzzy slippers, with a necklace of construction paper fish with Xs in their eyes cuz they were dead. Everyone thought I was an aquarium though lol.

Are you dressing up this year? Nope. No kids, no neighborhood events, no party to attend. Kids haven't come to the condo the last 2 halloweens so not even getting candy. (Funny story - last year we sat on the porch waiting for kids, none came, so we left the bowl of candy on the steps. The next morning there were TWO bowls of candy, both full. Didn't think they'd multiply lol.)

Most important question: What is your favorite Halloween candy? Mini snickers! 

What is your favorite Horror (or Halloween) movie? Nightmare before Christmas, which is kinda a crossover, but so good!

Nah. DH wants to carve pumpkins but he hasn't mentioned it this year so far.
  • clc515 said:

My favorite one was dressing up as "sleeping with the fishes" so I was in blueish PJs, sleep mask that said "sleeping" and fuzzy slippers, with a necklace of construction paper fish with Xs in their eyes cuz they were dead.
    Oh my God. This is brilliant.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • On a scale of 1-10 how "into" Halloween are you? 2, although I think that'll have to change with a little one on the way.

What was your favorite/best costume you wore as a kid?  As an adult? Snow White as a kid. I don't generally dress up, so last year I went as a nudist on strike. :P

Are you dressing up this year? I don't usually, but I found a really cheap, easy idea online, so I'm going as a magic 8 ball (with the belly obviously). I'm going to have the typical magic 8 ball answers on cards and hand them out if people ask me questions.

Most important question: What is your favorite Halloween candy? Chocolate bars. All the chocolate bars. 

What is your favorite Horror (or Halloween) movie? I am scared of horror movies now, but when I was younger, I loved the Nightmare on Elm Street series. 

We adopted our dog on Halloween, so we celebrate her! Plus, give out candy. 

i never really dressed as anything other than a cat for Halloween as a kid.

as an adult I was a pin up with a half skull face done in real makeup that looked sick. It was my jaw bone that was done in bones but my eyes were regular. I bartended that Halloween so I took advantage of being able to do what I wanted since I have never really been to a Halloween party. 

im wearing a t shift that says I’m smuggling a pumpkin. That’s about all the effort I can muster this year. 

dark chocolate milky ways

The Halloween movies with Michael Myers.

my family isn’t big into Halloween but huge into the Michael Myers movies. We watch a marathon every year. 
    Probably an 8
    As a kid, I borrowed a "real ballet cat" costume. My mom's friend apparently wore it in a recital as a child. I was pretty pissed I didn't get to keep it.
    As an adult, I was Thing 2 with my sister. 
    Nah, just have a shirt that says "Kick or Treat"
    Peanut butter cups for sure.
    The Craft
    We take DD to a friends giant neighborhood. Our house is also ridiculously decorated inside because DH has no Halloween chill. It's all been up since the end of August
  • On a scale of 1-10 how "into" Halloween are you?     7, but it used to be more.  I'm hoping it goes up a point when LO arrives.

What was your favorite/best costume you wore as a kid?  As an adult?  In high school, I had a cow costume that I bought for $10.  I wore it senior year and won $10 in our costume contest at lunch.  I continued to wear this costume through college.  I wore it Freshman  year to a couple parties and people would come up to me senior year and remember the costume.  It was also a fantastic costume to wear when tending bar.  The udders were ENORMOUS.

As an adult, I did a Halloween running scavenger hunt with friends.  We all dressed up as bees and "swarmed" the city.

Are you dressing up this year?  The Tech Ed teacher at school helped me make a t-shirt with a jack o'lantern face on the belly.  When I wear the shirt, it will be the first time I'm not trying to hide my belly at work.

Most important question: What is your favorite Halloween candy?  Mini twizzlers

What is your favorite Horror (or Halloween) movie?  Not a big fan of horror movies, so I'll have to go with Hocus Pocus or Teen Witch.

Like @jenniferjoy37, I usually go to the Halloween show one of my favorite local bands plays every year.  We will be away for it this year, though, and I'm pretty bummed.  Hoping to start some new Halloween traditions once the LO arrives.  I'm hoping it draws DH more into the holiday, too.
  • @ldawngirl781 we adopted our cat on Halloween! :) 
    Married 5/27/13
    Anniversary

Baby#2
    BabyFetus Ticker

DD#1
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker