Trying to Get Pregnant

IF Testing & Treatment Week of 10/23

Re: IF Testing & Treatment Week of 10/23

• @avrilmai I've been making an effort to eat more eggs and more beans. I also got cashews and pepitas to snack on (both protein and healthy fats, which are recommended). I really like fish/shellfish but it stinks up the apartment so I still don't eat it more than a couple times per week. My RE told me to make sure not to eat much tuna or farmed salmon which limits that a bit too.

• @adirat I know tuna has high mercury levels, but what is the reason to limit farmed salmon?
  • Loading the player...
  • @aurora1973 Sheesh he really doesn't age! That's crazy. Here's hoping your watery cm is a good sign :)

@darkstar42 Farmed salmon has something in it that's bad for IVF...I can't remember what. ISWTE also said something about amino acids (??) in farmed salmon and turkey so I didn't eat them during stims. 

• @adirat Thank you, I didn't know that! *off to do more research*
  • @AlohaKumu Yay for having a FET date!
  • Oh @AlohaKumu I’m so excited for you and I’m hoping you have the greatest holiday break ever! 

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• @kiwi2628 thank you! 

I probably should have went that route, but I was so scared of the procedure because of things I have read. I have already met with my Doctor about instructions for Clomid and I am going to stay the course. But it's only for two months and if I am not pregnant then I will bite the bullet and do the HSG. It's good to know you didn't think it was that bad. I am such a baby with pain too :( I get myself so worked up. 
    Me: 28 & DH: 29
    Married May 31, 2014
    TTC 1 year
    Currently testing
  • @beachbunnyxo123 It sucks that you have to wait so long to eat! Ugh I hope you get something good afterwards. Don’t worry about being put to sleep (or try not to). For my retrieval one second I was looking looking at the ultrasound screen and the next I was waking up in recovery. It’s so quick and you feel nothing. 
  • @alohakumu yay for FET date!!!

@safire3 eeek, you are so close! Wishing you all the best!!

@twodreamscollide sorry you find yourself here. I am going to back the others in saying that the HSG is not that bad, and is definitely important to have done. I also made the mistake of reading up on it before I had mine, and I ended up getting myself so nervous about it. Then, once I had it done it seemed like nothing. I think that you tend to really only hear the bad stories. 
    Me: 32 DH:33
    Married 9/2015
    TTC #1 6/2016
    BFP: 4/21/2017 - CP
    Dx Unexplained IF 6/2017
    Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI 7/2017 - Cancelled (overstimulated)
    Letrozole + Ovidrel + IUI #1 - BFN
    Letrozole + Ovidrel + IUI #2 -BFN
    Letrozole + Ovidrel + IUI#3 - BFP! EDD July 15 2018
    Baby Girl H - July 22 2018

• @adirat soooooooo exciting!!!! Omg how much more real is it now?! 
    Do you know what your game plan is for a transfer? One? Both? 
  • @adirat That's amazing!!!! So happy for you!!
  • @adirat That's amazing!! 
    Me: 38 DH:39
    TTC #2 - August 2016
    MFI
    IUI #1-3 BFN 

Heart Mom - DS 3/15/13
    BFP 4/21/18 MMC 6/11/18
  • @adirat So happy you finally got your update! Hooray for two beautiful, healthy embryos! And yay for one of each! I am so very excited for you!
    Me: 32 DH:33
    Married 9/2015
    TTC #1 6/2016
    BFP: 4/21/2017 - CP
    Dx Unexplained IF 6/2017
    Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI 7/2017 - Cancelled (overstimulated)
    Letrozole + Ovidrel + IUI #1 - BFN
    Letrozole + Ovidrel + IUI #2 -BFN
    Letrozole + Ovidrel + IUI#3 - BFP! EDD July 15 2018
    Baby Girl H - July 22 2018

• @adirat What wonderful news! So happy for you.
    @KristoKekerooni I also second what @Avrilmai said. Thank you. <3