Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Sunday 10/22

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R: 

CS/Q:

GTKY: What song was most recently stuck in your head?

Re: WTO Sunday 10/22

• Month/Cycle: 6/6

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: So many things. We have our RE consult on Tuesday. But I'm having a hell of a time getting my papers from my old OBGYN, the ones that confirm my cysts, uterine fibroid, laparoscopy..kinda important diagnostic tests already done. . I'm going to have to actually drive out there to get them tomorrow. 

R/R: Apparently I ranted ^^. Rave: It's Sunday! We're going to go for a coffee date and a walk around the art park soon. 

CS/Q:  

GTKY: This wasn't stuck in my head until reading this GTKY. It's now the line "In your heeeaaad, in your heeEEaad." from Zombie by The Cranberries. 
  • Month/Cycle: 8/8

CD: 15

WAYDTGKU: all the things!

R/R: I got mostly caught up on grading yesterday, so that feels good. I have another teaching observation tomorrow though, so now I have to prep for that. At least I'll prep for class in advance for once! MH and I were supposed to go do something fun today, but both of us still have work to do. Bummer.

CS/Q: O has definitely occurred. I'm totally hanging out here until crosshairs though. Chart in spoiler.

GTKY: What song was most recently stuck in your head?
    The last proper song was Under Pressure, by Queen and David Bowie, because it was playing over the closing credits of a movie MH and I watched. But after writing the GTKY, I have Getting to Know You from the musical The King and I stuck in my head. Sigh.
  • Loading the player...
  • Month/Cycle: 4/5

CD: 3

WAYDTGKU: PNV and getting through my period right now. 

R/R: Rant: MH left this morning for a business trip. Wish I could spend the day with him. Rave: Beautiful day here and I’m planning to take my dog for a walk. 

CS/Q: Is anyone drinking red raspberry leaf tea. I’m thinking of trying it. How often are you drinking it?

GTKY: What song was most recently stuck in your head? Lame, but don’t have one right now. I have been thinking about my current audiobook A Man Called Ove though. I normally Save my audiobooks on my commute but I may listen to some more of it today. 
  • @SkilledSailor That's great that your RE consult is so soon, but what a bummer to have to track down the previous records like that. I used to love the cranberries in junior high/high school! I have listened to that song in ages.
    @jaylii Enjoy your walk with your dog! That sounds lovely. I've been wanting to read A Man Called Ove. I'd love to hear your thoughts on it so far!
  • @darkstar42 It took me awhile to get into A Man Named Ove but now I’m really enjoying it! It felt like it took awhile for the story to get going. 
  • @darkstar42 Man y’all always seem to have work over the weekends. Do you have a break coming up soon? Also, literally lol’d at the King and I song. 

@jaylii How long will your H be out of town?
  • @SkilledSailor Glad to here that your RE appointment is soon but how annoying with the runaround for the previous records. Doctor’s offices can be a headache sometimes. Oh and thanks for Tge Cranberries reminder. I used to listen to their music all the time in HS and early college. 
  • @SkilledSailor I am jealous of your coffee date. I used to do that with MH...we'd hang out and read the NYT sunday.

@jaylii I don't know if i could do audiobooks...I have thought about trying them but think that in the car I would be too into it and not being paying that much attention to the drive, lol.

Month/Cycle:5/5

CD: 4

WAYDTGKU: OPK, PNV, B6 and B complex, CM CP and Temping. 

R/R: I can get back on TB! I have to do the little trick that was working on MH mac where I try to get into TTGP without logging in, click on new discussion, then log in, then go back to TTGP from the new discussion page. Other rave: all my papers for this part of my class are done..meaning the hour I have in the morning before other get up is fulling mine, as is a couple hours in the afternoon. 

Rant: TW kids: DS was sick last night, woke up with a horrible cough and a fever of almost 103! its back to normal today. Wouldn't have been so worried except for the tick from the other day and lyme disease manifests like the flu, but he has no rashes around the site so its not that. We're just bumming in jammies all day.

CS/Q:

GTKY: What song was most recently stuck in your head? TW kids implied

"You can take a turn, and then I'll get it back!" Eff you, Daniel Tiger. Eff you.
  • @darkstar42 Boo for having to work weekends! My job often spills into weekends as well so when I get actually time off on weekends it's so much more appreciated!

@jaylii I drank raspberry leaf for a while before I was benched - 1-2 cups per day. But I didn't love the taste so I haven't picked it back up.

@SkilledSailor That's so frustrating! I hope your drive to the OB isn't far...mine is 45 mins away so I'd be ticked if I had to drive there and back for paperwork!

Month/Cycle: 8/13

CD: 11

WAYDTGKU: OPK, CM, BBT, HIO, Pom Juice

R/R: Rave: Family dinner is over which means I'm off duty in the kitchen today because of the massive amount of leftovers. And my sister's cake turned out fairly well - salted caramel chocolate cheesecake cake!

CS/Q: Not today

GTKY: What song was most recently stuck in your head? Thanks to MH who kept dancing and singing it yesterday...."Don't be afraid to catch feels, ride drop top and chase thrills" And now its in there again, great!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Month/Cycle: 14/14

CD:17

WAYDTGKU: BBT,CM,OPK,HIO

R/R: I really want to start raking leaves but they are not done falling from the trees yet and I don`t want to rake twice, I guess I`m just being lazy lol.

CS/Q:nope

GTKY: What song was most recently stuck in your head? Sorry not sorry by Demi Lovato 
  • edited October 2017
    Ah, finally finished my work obligations and can relax and rejoin the dailies!  For all those who asked on Friday, I was up in Canmore, Alberta in the Canadian Rockies! 

@SkilledSailor sorry your old OB is being difficult!  I hope you can get your records!
    @darkstar42 nooo to working on the weekends! Is YH a teacher too?
    @jaylii I'm drinking the tea - I try and drink it once a day, I've seen a lot of people say to drink 2-3 cups a day but I don't feel great about drinking that much of one thing.  I mean... I'm not KU and my periods still seem to be quite light so who knows if the tea is doing anything... maybe you do have to drink more of it... sorry for the rambling answer lol.

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 12 or 13 (my phone is on charger and I'm too comfy to go check)

WAYDTGKU: bbt, cm, opks at CD15, pre-seed when the time comes etc.

R/R:  Our retreat was really great but I felt I had to be 'on' for 48 hours straight - I organized the speakers, set the agenda, was the main contact for the hotel and catering, assembled everyone's goodie bags, organized and mc'd the banquet trivia game...and then people think I can answer all of their questions... "I lost my car keys can you help me?" ...um NO I actually can't *eyeroll*.  I'm so friggen exhausted now.  Highlight of the retreat: me sitting on the floor of a hotel room in my sweat pants while my boss poured me wine...she's such a caregiver lol. 

CS/Q: Nothing to show...things got a little rowdy with the wine at the staff retreat so it really wasn't worth temping yesterday and Friday...

GTKY: What song was most recently stuck in your head?  I actually can't think of anything.

ETA: forgot the GTKY
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @SkilledSailor Yeah, working weekends is the downside of being an academic. But I do get to pretty much set my own hours a lot of the time, so that’s nice. I have a three-day weekend next weekend, so I’m hoping to do my prep for the following week in advance and actually be able to relax. We’ll see how organized I am this week though!

@SmashJam I hope YS is ok! Hopefully a day of lying around in jammies will help.

@elolin That cake looks amazing! I’m so impressed.

@Stargazer1lily I feel the same about the leaves on our yard! We have two more trees that haven’t finished shedding yet though, so I’m holding out too.

@canucklehead123 Yep, MH is a middle school/high school teacher, and I’m a college professor. At least we get summers off together! Your retreat sounds like a lot of fun, but also exhausting. Do you get a retreat to recover from the retreat?

• @darkstar42 oh I'm very envious of your summers off together! No, but I should definitely advocate for one!! Unfortunately I am now full-blown in the middle of packing and moving so no retreat for the foreseeable future!! *needs a nap already* 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • nitnat007nitnat007 member
    edited October 2017
    Month/Cycle: 4/5 (1 benched)

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: all the things, except hio apparently (see rant)

R/R: Today I am frustrated and maybe some of you can relate. I feel like I do the things with TTC, pills, testing, reading, diet, everything. All DH has to do is have the sex, and one would think that this would be the easy part right? Or at least that he would want to since he is leaving again on Wednesday for a month! Ugh, he was too drunk on Friday night, not for lack of trying on my part, and too tired and hungover yesterday. So if some miracle doesnt happen today this cycle will be useless and will be benched next cycle. 

Ok, dig deep for a rave. The sun is shining and it is a beautiful day outside. I flew the coupe early this morning and took the pup for an hour long walk which was great. 

CS/Q:

GTKY: What song was most recently stuck in your head?  Bruno Mars 14 carat magic. And it won't go away!!!!
  • @SkilledSailor Enjoy your coffee date today! GL with getting your paperwork to the RE tomorrow. I started singing "Zombie" as soon as I read those lyrics lol
    @darkstar42 Sorry you guys wont get to do your something fun today! But yay for having that lesson plan in place already. 
    @jaylii Sorry you don't get to spend the day with YH. Hope you can do something relaxing on your own. Enjoy your walk!
    @SmashJam Phew! Glad that your son is better today! That is scary stuff. DSS has been coming down with something as well. It is the time of year unfortunately. 
    @elolin That cake is gorgeous! And sounds delicious too!! Are those chocolate pieces standing up in the back?
    @Stargazer1lily Haha nothing wrong with being lazy. At least you plan on raking, DH plans on mowing over and turning it into mulch instead lol. 
    @canucklehead123 You are a rock star!! Well done this weekend. It really sounds like a lot of work and that you pulled it off seamlessly! You deserve some down time now and that glass of wine. 

• @SmashJam I can only listen to fiction in the car, non fiction requires too much concentration, haha I have times when I miss something because I do have to concentrate on the road, but there's a handy rewind 10 seconds back button that fixes the situation. 
    @SkilledSailor MH is out of town until Tuesday night. He's gone on short trips every week this month so I'm really hoping November isn't the same way!
    @elolin Thanks for the red raspberry leaf info! Oh and that cake is amazing!
    @canucklehead123 Thanks for the tea info. I understand how it can seem confusing on how much to drink. I'm hoping drinking it will help lessen the painful cramps I experience during my period.
    @nitnat007 Sorry to hear about the frustrations with YH. I'm not having exactly the same probs, but I can relate to the feeling that I'm trying a lot of different things and MH doesn't have to do much. I can also relate to YH travel. MH spent a total (multiple trips) of three of the last six months in the England for work. It was really getting to me. 
  • @nitnat007 that is so annoying about your DH. I had to have a big ol' discussion with mine about drinking interfering with things that are important to me and he's better now...but I definitely understand you situation.

@jaylii yeah I definitely coudn't do nonfiction. Someone told me about Malcom Gladwell's podcast, Revisionist History, I think, and I tried listening to it while driving and couldn't pay attention!
  • @smashjam Glad TB is working for you again! How's your little one feeling today?

@elolin Meh, it's 30 minutes away. That cake is beautiful! You made that?! 

@Stargazer1lily I'm loving Sorry Not Sorry

@canucklehead123 Sorry you weren't able to enjoy the retreat more. It is nice that your boss is so caring though! That's a sweet highlight you have. 

@darkstar42 FX you're able to get everything done this week so you can relax next weekend. You deserve it! 

@nitnat007 *hugs* That can be SO frustrating. We missed my early O last month due to performance anxiety on H's part. It's super frustrating because you're right, all they need to do is have sex while we're tracking all these things. FX y'all are able to work through it today. 

@jaylii Oh, that's not too bad of a trip. Kind of annoying he will be gone every week though. Do you binge watch chick flicks on those days? 
  • @jaylii The travel part definitely adds a level of stress to everything. You feel like you are against the clock even more so. Is YH done work travel for now? Or is he still going to England? Sigh....the things we go through. 

@SmashJam @skilledsailor I tried to talk to MH last night but it didn’t go well. He just turned over and went to sleep. Today he is acting like there is nothing wrong, and homie don’t play like that! He did say he was embarrassed about Friday night, which I get. But that isn’t the part that is frustrating me, last night we could have totally made up for it. But no! Thanks ladies. 

• SmashJamSmashJam member
    edited October 2017
    @SkilledSailor he's much better! No fever as of now. He was non stop with MH on Saturday while I was out at class and he skipped his nap so I think all of that at once just caught up to him. He slept til 8 this morning and is still sleeping on a two hour nap though, and we haven't left the house, so he must be feeling it a little.

ETA: the rest of my sentence that didn't save.
  • @nitnat007 Sorry that your talk with YH didn’t go as you hoped. That’s a frustrating situation to be in. I’m trying to get to my lesson planning! I went down a rabbit hole of reading medical research on IUIs, etc.

• @darkstar42  Thank you!

@nitnat007 Yes - all the standing pieces are chocolate! I was going to do some kind of gum paste/fondant thing but got lazy so chocolate to the rescue! MH does the same thing sometimes...I totally feel like I put in all the work charting, etc. and he gets the "fun" job and sometimes he won't even do that!

@jaylii You're welcome, and thank you!

@SkilledSailor Thank you! I did make it....I have done a ton of cake courses over the years and do 'fancy' cakes for friends/family as a hobby.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @nitnat007 Sorry the talk with YH didn't go as you hoped, that's frustrating! MH is not traveling to Englad again for another few months, but he's been unfortunately been doing a lot of smaller U.S. trips. This is a new job that he took early this year and it has proven to be way more travel than we thought. It's been a sore spot and the subject of some hard convos recently. Sigh
    @SkilledSailor I end up binge watching stuff on youtube! If anyone has a show recommendation for me, I'll take it. Guess I should look around. I'd like a mystery or something to do with history.
  • @jaylii Do you have netflix? You might enjoy Mindhunter - a bit of a mystery/history combo. It's about the FBI starting up their criminal profiling unit.
  • @darkstar42 oooh that sounds good! I do have Netflix so I’ll check it out. Thanks!
  • @darkstar42 We started watching that today! Didn’t do anything else with our day  after that first episode, haha. So good!
  • @jaylii Sigh, the travel is hard on everyone. MH has been doing a lot of it lately and it wont be slowing down until next summer and then we FX that that is it for a while. If you ever need to vent, I am just a PM away!