February 2018 Moms

Weekend Ticker Change: 10/21 & 10/22

If your EDD is 2/3, 2/4, 2/10, 2/11, 2/17, 2/18, 2/24, or 2/25 post here!

1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 

2) How are you feeling?

3) Any appointments this week?

4) Rants/Raves/Questions?

5) GTKY: Are you dressing up in any halloween costume for a party or for taking your kids trick-or-treating? If so, what is the costume? If not, what would you dress as if you all of a sudden had to dress up for something? Asking for a friend ;) 

Re: Weekend Ticker Change: 10/21 & 10/22

• alice0218alice0218 member
    edited October 2017
    1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 
    22 weeks. Size of a corn on the cob or about 1'
    2) How are you feeling?
    Pretty good. Still heartburn and RLP is getting prominent now but no real complaints.
    No, just for the vet. My fur baby is having ear problems. :'(
    We had our first ultrasound the 16th so we found out it is a boy and we are so excited! We don't care that much what the first one is, just crossing my fingers the second child will be the opposite but I know you can't pick. Knowing the sex makes much more difference than I expected! Like instead of picturing a nondescript alien-looking fetus in my belly, I can now picture a little baby boy and moreover, I can picture our family with a little boy. So fun. We also were able to decide on a name within a day of finding out, where we had a whole spreadsheet of names for both sexes before.
    5) GTKY: Are you dressing up in any halloween costume for a party or for taking your kids trick-or-treating? If so, what is the costume? If not, what would you dress as if you all of a sudden had to dress up for something? Asking for a friend  
    IDK! I'm going to my friend's annual halloween party which isn't super huge or fancy, but they love halloween and they dress up. I would like to dress up with DH but I really don't know! I also kinda want to incorporated the mini bump but it's not big enough to take center stage on a costume. If I don't think of anything, I'll use that orange-shirt-as-jackolantern idea.
    eta: I'm leaning towards troll now...
  • 1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 
    24 weeks! A cantaloupe!

2) How are you feeling?
    Ok. I’ve had a pretty crappy week, dealing with the loss of someone close to my family, and I’ve been stress eating, and had some cramping. Not feeling too great overall.

Yup! Thursday.

Rave: baby moves like CRAZY now!

5) GTKY: Are you dressing up in any halloween costume for a party or for taking your kids trick-or-treating? If so, what is the costume? If not, what would you dress as if you all of a sudden had to dress up for something? Asking for a friend  
    Nah. I was never huge on Halloween. I love the candy and overall Fall food, and LOVE scary movies. But not really dressing up... but I love to see the neighborhood kids in thier costumes!
  • Loading the player...
  • 1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 
    21+1 today. Baby is the size of a cantaloupe. I have such a hard time with the fruit measurements... I picture an ACTUAL cantaloupe and while I know they're just talking length in inches...it's alarming to think theres a cantaloupe in my uterus. haha

2) How are you feeling?
    physically feeling pretty okay. Lower back is still a bit sore. Probably from cleaning in preparation for my MIL's visit this past weekend. Otherwise, I'm doing pretty okay physically! The horrible cold I've had forever is starting to ease off. Maybe it was allergies! So that's good news!

Had an appointment last week. No appointment until my Glucose Challenge screening at a few days shy of 28 weeks in mid-November. Speaking of the Glucose Challenge screening, I'm NERVOUS. I passed with flying colors my last pregnancy but one of my absolute worst fears (and I don't honestly really know why this is) is becoming diabetic. Even if it's temporarily. I know myself. I won't be able to give myself insulin shots and I'm terrified of the finger prick to test blood sugar. I'm 100% positive I've built it up for no reason in my head and it's probably not that bad...but...I have a diabetic 87 year old grandmother who developed type 2 diabetes a few years ago and now is on dialysis because of it... I'm terrified to end up like that. If I have to meet with a nutritionist to learn how to stab myself with insulin and test my blood sugar...they might be sedating me to do it. That's how bent out of shape I am about this. I'm praying that I'll pass the challenge screen and not have to worry about it. *Crossed fingers*

Rave: MIL and Co. are gone 
    Rant: MIL and Co.'s visit caused a forfeit of all fun this weekend (see Monday and Beyond Bitchfest for details) I'm still coming down from the tension/anxiety headache I get when the "Circus comes to town" (her words, not mine)  :o

5) GTKY: Are you dressing up in any halloween costume for a party or for taking your kids trick-or-treating? If so, what is the costume? If not, what would you dress as if you all of a sudden had to dress up for something?
    For Halloween this year, we got DS a teddy bear costume. My DH has a lion pajama onesie my sister bought him a few years ago and I ordered a tiger pajama onesie that should be arriving by end of week. We are taking him around the neighborhood dresses as "Lions, Tigers and Bears...oh my"  B)
  • @alice0218, barging in from the Wednesday ticker, I can totally relate to your feelings about finding out what baby is!  I was sort of hoping girl, which is what the baby is, but either way, I felt like this made me feel more connected to the baby now, and to the idea of us transitioning into a family of three.  It made a huge difference for me, too. :) So glad you had a great appt!