June 2018 Moms
Options

SOS Morning Sickness & Diclegis

Ok, so I know this should normally go in weekly questions, but I feel like I’m dying over here. I was super sick when pregnant with DS, but I don’t remember it being this bad. I refused to take any medication my first pregnancy, but I’m already taking diclegis. Has anyone else taken it and has it worked for you? How much were you taking? Any other medications work for you mamas (I’m too afraid to take Zofran)? Anything other than meds that alleviated your MS? Lastly, am I just a big drama llama or am I going to survive this?

Re: SOS Morning Sickness & Diclegis

• Options
    I ended up taking diclegis with DS after trying to tough it out for weeks and trying all the natural remedies and loosing way too much weight. This time, I didn’t even hesitate to ask for it again when I saw my doc for the first time yesterday. Just took my first dose tonight. 
    With DS I remember it didn’t completely take the nausea away, but it definitely took the edge off and I was able to eat. I honestly don’t remember how many I was taking. I remember trying to wean off of it multiple times, so I know it was more than one and then eventually just one and then finally none aftet 34 weeks. I’m hoping being more proactive this time will help me not have to take as many? (Especially since it’s $40 for 30 of them!) 
  • Options
    I took diclectin with DS from 6 weeks- 13 weeks. It was the only thing that allowed me to halfway function! Like @BurlapandLace it sidnt remove symptoms but made them more bareable. 

This time I have avoided needing them so far. But I think that's just luck of the draw. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I took it for my entire pregnancy with DD. I took 2 before bed, 1 in the morning, and one in the afternoon. I was able to wean to just 2 at night but I never stopped taking it. It helped me a lot. 
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Why are you afraid of zofran? It's the go to by my doctor. Side note: it's interesting how different doctors prefer things.

I had a friend that used reglan for nausea when she was pregnant. Could be another option?
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Why are you afraid of zofran? It's the go to by my doctor. Side note: it's interesting how different doctors prefer things.

I had a friend that used reglan for nausea when she was pregnant. Could be another option?
    There have been studies linking zofran to cleft lips in babies so they’re more hesitant to describe it.

but I took it through both viable pregnancies and had no side effects. I think it’s a miracle drug lol. Diclegis didn’t touch my nausea. Reglan helped a bit!
    H. Foxe born October 22, 2013