April 2018 Moms

Formula Feeding Guide

2»

Re: Formula Feeding Guide

• *Lurker*

@ekendall09 @kmalls The only true "baby friendly" hospitals in Boston, according to the baby friendly hospital initiative, are MGH and Mass Gen. I was actually surprised that more weren't "baby friendly" (not having a nursery seems crazy to me), but was glad to find out it was limited. BIDMC must have given up on trying to become one, for whatever reason. BIDMC's website does say they "encourage rooming in as much as possible."  One thing to note about BIDMC is that the labor rooms don't have their own showers, there are just a few on the floor. It seems like EVERYONE delivers at the Brigham. Apparently when you get induced there you don't even get your own room right away. I delivered at St. E's and loved my experience. I only ended up there because that's where my gyn who became my OB is. Hear great things about Mt. Auburn, especially if you want fewer interventions. 
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• kmallskmalls member
    edited October 2017
    @catem07 thanks for the info! As an aside...aren't MGH and Mass Gen the same thing? 

ETA: crap, I found the official list online and Emerson is on there. Fuuuuuck that makes me want to switch. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @kmalls I always do that! I meant mgh and bmc 

• @catem07 sending you a PM in two minutes! 
  • @Dumbgurl04 @kmalls (sorry I'm mobile and don't get the notices!!)

I think/hope this time around that if BF is not in the cards for us I'll be at peace with it, because it made our life so much easier and enjoyable once we made the switch. All the things I was worried about didn't happened and other than the puzzle of finding the right formula it was an easy transition for DS. It also got easier when I see girls on my bmb struggling with weaning right now or having toddlers pulling their shirt in public or throwing tantrums for the breast. I'm like ok, DS never realized we made the switch so he didn't feel like he was missing out! 
  • @kmalls YGPM

• **Lurker from M'18**

Just want to give another Mt. A review - I delivered there with my 1st in 2015 and am planning on it this time around even though geographically it is not convenient for us. I could not have asked for a better experience. I don't actually go to appointments at the hospital, their MWs or MDs (depends on who you see) have offices around the Boston suburbs that are more conveniently located than Cambridge, and I go to one of those. You can even get ultrasounds in Waltham (not sure if that's more convenient). Also if you do go into early labor (before 34 weeks) they automatically send you to BIDMC which is their sister hospital. My best friend delivered at Beth Israel and she was happy there as well. I don't want to hijack this thread but if you want feel free to PM me :-) 

DS:
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnant with #2: 
    BabyFruit Ticker