TTC #1 since April 2015
RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
Polyp removed May 2017
FET May 2017 - BFP!
Baby boy born 2/2/18

Re: Weekly Symptoms Thread | 10.9

• Surprised nobody has posted yet! I'll go first. 

Overall good. Nausea seems to be gone. Knock on wood. I was having some terrible cramping In my calves last week. Was worried about clots. My dr believes it's a blood flow issue and recommended magnesium supplements. So starting those. I also learned I walk on the inside edges of my feet. So I think that's contributing. Maybe I'm waddling and don't know it yet lol. Getting bigger by the week. Hoping I don't look fat anymore and maybe pregnant lol. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • The boobs have begun to leak. Sigh. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    TattoosandLace
  • Loading the player...
  • I am so freaking emotional and crabby.  I have my A/S Wednesday--so I don't know if it just the anxiety of that on top of regular pregnancy hormones.  
  • Overall I've been doing pretty good this week! Still super sore in the pelvis region!! Which has been annoying but still manageable! We are just getting over tonsillitis at our house so my energy is drained! 
  • I didn’t have heartburn this morning AND I didn’t teach my first period class due to a Dr appt. Coincidence? Me thinks not.
    babymakes9
  • Holy hell did I have the migraine from hell yesterday evening. After a very productive morning my body just rebelled and it set in hard! I know the problem...I have a crazy knot in my neck that needs to go! I had a co-worker do a quick 20 minute session on just my neck on Saturday, but he missed the epicenter of the issue and which caused some serious problems...I did some self massage on it, but I had to nap at 7pm before it finally calmed down slightly. I have too much crap going on this week (getting ready to leave for Europe this Saturday...eekk!!!) and a migraine was NOT part of the plan. Anywho, it’s much better today, but still have limited range of motion in my neck. I have another massage scheduled for Friday (thank goodness). Also still have the right SI joint discomfort. Nothing new there.

Sorry for the novel. 
  • Just curious where is everybody feeling kicks? I’m feeling them low and to the left... I’m guessing baby still has a lot of room to move around so that’s why I’m not feeling them centered?
  • Just curious where is everybody feeling kicks? I’m feeling them low and to the left... I’m guessing baby still has a lot of room to move around so that’s why I’m not feeling them centered?
    Mine are low and to the right.  I asked my NP last time about finding the heartbeat--and she said when baby is small, they normally are on one side or the other.  So I think what we are feeling is completely normal! 
    mayapple44diesel11111
  • gingermama29gingermama29 member
    edited October 2017
    @diesel11111: Depends on the day for me. She's been switching sides every other day or so and seems to love kicking my belly button, which is such a strange feeling! 

ETA: tag
    diesel11111
  • @diesel11111 I have been feeling movement low as well. And usually left side but some on the right every now and then
    diesel11111
  • So sleepy again... and constantly hungry.

Enjoying frequent, large meals for now before little one grows too much and squishes all my organs. I've gained 5 pounds in the last 2 weeks lol. My doc was fussing about low weight gain at my last appt, so, it's not an issue
  • So gross one, but my belly is getting hairier. DH goes, "cool, now never say that out loud to me again" lol. I do feel a pretty regular "rolling" low in my belly, so I'm gonna go with that's him moving around vs. gas. Also my lower back is so sore when I first get up, but if I walk around it loosens up. And my fuse is SHORT lately, and I'm trying to find my zen because I'm sure the anger/annoyance isn't good for babe either.

I did start carb counting and pricking my fingers this week cuz of the super fun gestational diabetes. I'll ask folks later on when more people are taking tests if I'm alone in this on this board. 
  • @diesel11111, I'm feeling her kick and move pretty low still, but centered. 

So much heartburn lately!  I hadn't experienced this until recently, and before today, it was mostly off and on in the evenings.  Today, it's been more or less all day.  Tried some tums to see if that would help?  Any non-medication suggestions out there?  It doesn't seem to be related to what / when I eat. Overall, feeling lucky to be feeling pretty good. :)
  • @diesel11111 I’m 23 weeks with anterior placenta and I haven’t felt any kicks yet. I now and then get a swimming feeling but it’s really rare. I’m anxious to get a kick in for reassurance and I know DH really wishes he could feel her move 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @clc515 literally same. 

Under my belly button has sprouted some new, long abnormally dark hairs. Its so strange looking. I'm also a grump-o-soarus. 

Also - I'm hungry all the time and I think I might smell? 

mayapple44
  • @pandappanderson The difference between having an anterior placenta and not is crazy! I had anterior last time and didn’t feel him for a long time and even when I did it was another few weeks before DH could feel him on the outside. This time I don’t have an anterior placenta and I can already feel her on the outside at 20-21 weeks. I know I can’t feel every movement because I watched her moving at her US last week and only felt half of the movements I saw, but the ones I did feel were strong. So I feel like the placenta must make a HUGE difference in feeling movement. 
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • ash0625 said:

Also - I'm hungry all the time and I think I might smell? 

I think my BO is worse too. I read that happens after birth so your baby can recognize your smell easier. But it's early yet. Or maybe I just need a shower and better deodorant. 

I think I'm finally feeling movement! Unless my abs are spasming a ton bc of stretching, baby is moving. He was especially annoyed when the UPS man rang the doorbell this morning and woke up his mom from a deep sleep so he kicked to show his displeasure :angry:
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

ash0625mayapple44msunshine123
    I had this and it’s my third kid and seemed odd. I didn’t know this, but apparently placenta can be not only anterior or posterior, but also transverse - so mine is on my right front side, and that’s why I only feel it on the left. 
  • clc515clc515 member
    edited October 2017
    @ash0625 I forgot that one, but same boat - I definitely smell faster. 

@pandappanderson I only started to be convinced I was feeling him in the last week, and I'm 24 weeks on Thurs. I also have an anterior placenta. Plus extra padding on the gut lol. I don't think the mister will feel him from the outside for a while. 

I totally forgot this one, which is funny because it's Pregnancy Brain. And its officially reared it's ugly head. I showed up a full hour early to my GD class on Saturday and was confused the place was empty. And then today I had to request conference room space and yet again was off by an hour. I also couldn't find my tums after I'm the one who moved them to a place I'd remember easier lol. 

Edited for punctuation.
  • @diesel11111, I'm feeling her kick and move pretty low still, but centered. 

So much heartburn lately!  I hadn't experienced this until recently, and before today, it was mostly off and on in the evenings.  Today, it's been more or less all day.  Tried some tums to see if that would help?  Any non-medication suggestions out there?  It doesn't seem to be related to what / when I eat. Overall, feeling lucky to be feeling pretty good. :)

For the heartburn peppermint oil! But have careful what you buy. I do not recommend any of the store bought stuff. Those are all full of synthetics. I love my young living oil. Happy to get you info about it to if you want. Heartburn is awful! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    lucylou214madie008
  • @lucylou214 PREACH re: heartburn.  Came out of nowhere and now it's an all day thing, every time I eat.  Also starting to get cramps on and off again, super low.  Going to keep an eye out to make sure it's not regular enough to be contractions (definitely not BH, no tightening of my belly, just crampy type pain down low).  
    lucylou214
  • @keshupe29 , thank you! I'll look into it! 
    @psm2462 , seriously! Feel better! 
  • Feeling pretty much the same. Aches, tried, some heart burn...but I'm having a really strange pain in the lower left side of my tummy. First noticed it when I had my a/s and each time she ran over this one spot it hurt! Now I really notice a pain every time I push down there. Even the other day I was holding something a bent over - ouch!! 
    So strange. The tech said that's where the babies bum was but idk if it could be related. 
  • I’m still being kicked in the crotch by an antelope. 
    magnolia305babybro218jport23GoogleMD
  • madie008 said:
    Feeling pretty much the same. Aches, tried, some heart burn...but I'm having a really strange pain in the lower left side of my tummy. First noticed it when I had my a/s and each time she ran over this one spot it hurt! Now I really notice a pain every time I push down there. Even the other day I was holding something a bent over - ouch!! 
    So strange. The tech said that's where the babies bum was but idk if it could be related. 
    I have a pain like this too! No idea what it is. I brought it up with my dr and she said it is likely my ovary getting pushed on, but I had my ultrasound right after and the ultrasound tech said that my ovary was actually a little below where the pain was. I am going to bring it up again at my next appointment because when baby pushes up into this spot it hurts so bad. I am worried for when baby is bigger. 
  • Last night and this morning were rough.  I could not sleep last night.  For the first time in months, I missed sleeping on my stomach to the point of tears.  I couldn't get comfortable on my side because I got the flu shot yesterday and my arm was achy  I woke up twice to pee and once because of heartburn.  I was coughing this morning, so I took a puff of my inhaler and the taste just did not sit well with my pregnant self and I started puking (I know I should feel lucky that it was my first real puke since getting pregnant).  I think seeing me that uncomfortable stressed DH and triggered his anxiety because he felt helpless, so he chose the minutes after I finished throwing up to tell me that I need to take better care of myself and I should make sure I get to the gym today so I get a good night's sleep.  That, of course, stressed me out, so I started crying... all before 7am.  Fun times...  (Thanks for letting me vent!)
    eggplantface
  • Eye twitches anyone? I’m calling my dr to ask but curious if anyone else is experiencing this? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Eye twitches anyone? I’m calling my dr to ask but curious if anyone else is experiencing this? 
    My eye does this when I am not pregnant when I need more water.
    Sleep deprivation is a major cause for eye twitching. 
    eggplantface
  • GoogleMD said:
    Eye twitches anyone? I’m calling my dr to ask but curious if anyone else is experiencing this? 
    My eye does this when I am not pregnant when I need more water.
    It also does this if I'm tired (when I'm not pregnant).
    eggplantface
  • Agree with the PPs. Getting an eye twitch is annoying! Usually from sleep deprivation for me.
    Mostly lower left (that's where his legs were during my last scan but occasionally lower just to the right of my bellybutton (I'm assuming his little fists unless he flipped.)
  • thank you @GoogleMD @3plus1equals4 @babybro218 and @jennifer_m21

looks like im taking a nap with DD today! Sleep hasn’t been the best so I’m wondering if it’s just that. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • This baby is low, I mean REALLY low. I'm only 21+5 but I already have developed a meandering waddle from the discomfort. In fact, he's so low, I don't look pregnant most days, he's just all in my pelvis. Otherwise, nothing beyond the normal aches and pains.
  • Add me to the worsening pelvic/back pain. I ordered a support belt. It is supposed to be here tomorrow. 
    msunshine123
  • Agreeing with how different things are with an anterior placenta.  Previously, I did not have this, but this time I do.  It feels completely different.  I feel kicks on the side and super low, often like he's trying to kick his way out.  Straight down.  Super tired, but I haven't had a chance to stop moving for the past month!  So busy.  Counting down to this weekend.  I've been more emotional lately and wanting to cry about a lot of things.  And the belly hairs.  I've had these since my DDs 14 and 11 years ago.  I just get a few strays every once in a while.  I usually pluck them, but too tired to keep up lately.  Gross!
  • @TattoosandLace give us an update on how you like your support belt after it arrives!
  • @magnolia305 My a/s ultrasound is tomorrow too! Ive been having waves of PGAL anxiety, but ultimately just ready to do it. I hope you are hanging in there emotionally and good luck tomorrow!
  • @TattoosandLace give us an update on how you like your support belt after it arrives!
    I will. :) I ordered a couple. Would’ve been here today to columbus. *eyeroll*
  • So. Much. Gas. I don’t even want to be around myself today.
    clc515mayapple44keshupe29diesel11111