February 2018 Moms

Friday Ticker Change | 10.6

1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 

2) How are you feeling? Anything new?

3) Any appointments this week? 

4) Rants/Raves/Questions? 

5) GTKY: How do you (or will you) deal with people touching your stomach?

Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
TTC #1 since April 2015
RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
Polyp removed May 2017
FET May 2017 - BFP!
Baby boy born 2/2/18

Re: Friday Ticker Change | 10.6

• 1) How far along are you? How big is baby?  22 weeks, papaya

2) How are you feeling? Anything new? I'm ok.  We had a small gender reveal last weekend, and found out that we are having a baby girl!  DH was so convinced that this baby was a boy, so it was a bit of a shock for him.  We are thrilled, but now have to actually figure out a girl name which has been a struggle. 

3) Any appointments this week?  Nope.  I have my fetal echocardiogram and 24 week appt on 10/24.  

4) Rants/Raves/Questions?  I took today off for the long holiday weekend (yay for bank holidays!) and I cleaned out the frig this morning and was totally tuckered out after that.  I'm starting to think about decorating a nursery while I still have energy and am not too big yet.  We didn't do a nursery for my son because we still lived with my parents, so I'm looking forward to actually having a room to decorate.

So far I don't really have a bump bump, I just look my normal level of fat.  So no bump grabs yet.  I am not too bothered by it as long I know the person.  Strangers touching me would be weird.
    Me: 33 DH: 31
    DS: 5 years old
    TTC #2 since August 2015
    July 2016: Testing cycle with 100 mg Clomid = BFN
    August 2016: 50 mg Clomid + IUI = BFN
    October 2016: IVF#1 - 13 retrieved / 12 mature /  9 fertilized / 2 blasts
    November 2016: FET#1 = chemical
    January 2017: FET#2 = chemical
    March 2017: IVF#2 - 18 retrieved / 18 mature / 16 fertilized / 5 blasts
    April 24, 2017: FET#3 - BFN
    May 24, 2017: FET#4 - BFP! - Beta #1 151 - Beta #2 503 - Due date 2/9/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• 1) How far along are you? How big is baby?  22 weeks, papaya or coconut

2) How are you feeling? Anything new?
    my back hurts so dang much and heart burn remains, but otherwise I feel good! Healthy baby so far and I'm happy to be more than half way there!

yes- regular checkup - all is good. I tear up every time I hear his heartbeat !

4) Rants/Raves/Questions?   At my doctors appointment, the doctor indicated I was gaining  weight  right on track. She said she tells her patients "20 pounds is good-  no more no less".  That sounds pretty low for me - I was a healthy weight  before getting pregnant, even on the thin side .  So the question is – what has everyone's doctor told them about weight gain guidelines ?

No one has attempted to touch the bump yet!  If or when that time comes, I'm honestly not sure how I'll react .  I'll probably be pretty shocked – I spent a fair amount of time around pregnant people and I've never just touched someone else's belly without being explicitly told to (  E.g.   when my sister or best friend says here feel the baby kick )
  • Loading the player...
  • @wal2017 I started out overweight so was told no more than 20 pounds by my internist and OB. Here's the guide from my Mayo Clinic book:

And where the weight comes from:

Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

TattoosandLace
  • 1) How far along are you? How big is baby?  
        21 weeks! The size of an endive   

2) How are you feeling?
     Anything new? 
     I've been feeling pretty good. Headaches here and there and super tired lately but not terrible

I had my ultrasound and then got a phone call from the doctor the next day. I went in for my appointment and the baby has choroid plexus cysts on it's brain. We are being sent to a high risk OB shortly hopefully and hopefully get a repeat scan done in the next few weeks. He cysts can be an indicator of Trisomy 18 (which I really hope is not the case). So wait and see for now and hope the cysts resolve themselves!

@wal2017 my doctor said between 20 and 25 pounds generally but she doesn't really say much about my weight. 

I don't think anyone (besides close friends and family) touched my belly when I was pregnant with DS1 so I'm assuming I won't have to worry about I think too much! I am not confrontational nor witty with my responses so I don't think I would know what to say!
          21 weeks... not sure how big?? feels pretty big ;) 
       Feeling tired, emotional, and my pelvic area aches a lot by the end of the day. Good shoes have helped with this a bit but I'm still ready to sit/lay down. 
       not until late October for the glucose test
       I've been having to decide between having enough energy to work to the best of my ability during the day and be "mom" at the end of the work day or take it easy at work so I can "mom" at the end of the day and be productive around the house. I am having a hard time keeping up with working full time, keeping up with normal house duties (dishes/laudnry/dusting/sweeping/mopping etc), and having energy for my boys. I'm tired. 

I also had to buy new bras a size up this week but I don't like them much. They were $15 each from TJ Maxx and are nice looking but just not really comfy... don't want to spend a lot because I know in a couple months they'll go up again. 

I back away/move away if at all possible. I have students try to rub/touch my stomach a lot and I just move away and on to another task without saying anything to them. Strangers... no way!!! 

• 1) How far along are you? How big is baby?  23 weeks - size of a grapefruit!

Feeling pretty good. Sleeping is starting to get a bit tougher... not falling asleep, but staying asleep.

3) Any appointments this week?  Check-up on Wednesday! Dr. said there won't be anything important at this one. 4 weeks later will be my glucose test and Rhogam shot - apparently my blood type is A Negative, despite years of me thinking it was A Positive!

4) Rants/Raves/Questions?  Rave - my pregnancy boobs finally came in! About time!

So far I've only had people that made a motion toward it, but then pulled back. I've decided my level of comfort is - if you are someone I would give a "real" hug to (not the fake side hug), I'm okay with a little pat on the stomach. For strangers, I will just take a very pointed step back!

• @wal2017 my doctor said to gain 25-30 pounds. I'm in the "healthy" BMI (pre-pregnancy), but on the high side of the range... like 23-24. 
  • I’m here. 21 weeks! 

Feeling movements with my anterior placenta. :) 
    Baby girl #3 has a name!

pelvic pain and pressure. Ruled out UTI. Haven’t ruled out SPD. This is my third, so I know that things get tired, but damn. I’m not one to just lay on the couch and not play with my kids. I’m the down on the floor coloring and doing puzzles mom. I’m the “let’s play roller catch” mom. This f*cking blows. 

23 weeks, baby is a grapefruit!

I feel great, still. Lots of movement from baby which is still surprising and awe inspiring.

Appointment and Ultrasound on Monday to follow-up on an abnormal finding during the anatomy scan. We decided not to share this info with family and are hoping that everything will be just fine on this follow-up scan!

Nada

I really don’t mind family doing it. But coworkers talking to my belly is a different story. I work with mostly women (nurses) and haven’t/probably still won’t say anything, but HATE it when they talk to my stomach like they’re talking to a baby. 

• 1) How far along are you? How big is baby?  21 weeks, radicchio, a carrot, a banana?

My heartburn and comstipation are getting out of hand (and one is, of course, making the other worse). I’m also starting to get achy in my ribs (front and back) when I sit in a chair for awhile. Anyone else feeling this? 

3) Any appointments this week?  Had our A/S on Tues and will have our monthly prenatal on Monday. 

4) Rants/Raves/Questions?  @neener*neener*  I’m sorry you’re struggling with time and energy, but I’m so glad you said that. I either feel like I am on my “A” game at work or at home, but not at both. If it’s at work, I am totally exhausted by the end of the day. I don’t know how working expecting moms with kiddos at home do it. I am in awe of all of you. 

The couple times it’s happened have caught me completely off guard. I think my body language prob keeps people away. I tend to wear loose clothing and fidget with something (a paper, a purse, my work is) in front of my belly when I’m talking to people.
    neener*neener*
  • @nightnurse92 sorry to hear about your first scan! Hopefully everything come back fine on your repeat scan! 
    Do you mind me asking what came up abnormal on your scan? 
    We had an abnormal finding and have only told my bff, sister and SIL
  • @kbrinks2
    they found that baby boy has an echogenic bowel. Even all the ER doctors I work with have not heard of it. From the ncbi articles I have read it is rare, occurring in 0.4-0.8% of pregnancy. It can be a soft indocator of Cystic Fibrosis. I was tested though, and found not to be a carrier.

Sometimes it could just mean I had a small intrauterine bleed that got into the ambiotic fluid which baby subsequently swallowed, causing his bowel to appear “bright” on the ultrasound.

hoping for good news tomorrow :)
    eggplantfacebabybro218libbodeeTattoosandLace
  • @nightnurse92 I will be praying for good news for you guys tomorrow! Hoping for good news!
    night_nurse
  • Thank you @kbrinks2  ❤️
    Will you guys be having a follow up scan as well? Anything to be concerned about?
  • @nightnurse92 We are being referred to a high risk OB. As of now we have only seen our family doctor. They found cysts on the brain which could be an indicator of Trisomy 18 syndrome (or Edwards syndrome). I'm assuming we will have a follow up scan within a few weeks to determine if they have resolved themselves or if there are any other indicators of the syndrome. I have googled way too much about it already that I can only wait and pray that they resolve themselves!
  • ) How far along are you? How big is baby?  
          21 weeks, baseball hat or endive

Feel like my bump is growingand showing! Had to sort out many of my clothes this last week

Found out we are having a girl and everything looked good!

I have had a couple people who have offered to throw me a baby shower. I am thrilled by the gesture but they have never done it before and seem like they are waiting on me to help plan it, which I have no interest in. the idea of even attending stresses me out. I do not like being the center of attention. I am grateful, I just wish to minimize my involvement.

People have been commenting and touching my body since they heard the news even though I didn't start showing till recently. It was really hard to deal with at first and I would get defensive. I've started crossing my arms over my stomach when they start to look at it, it's easier to just agree with people that yes my bump is growing and move on. 
          21 weeks and the size of an endive.

I am exhausted! I have an almost 2yr old who keeps me on my toes.

Nothing this week.

Baby girl is moving a lot lately, which I absolutely love. I often forget that she's in there. Any stm's "forget" that they're pregnant? 

I don't like it when someone unexpectedly touches my belly, especially since they couldn't feel her move anyway! My sils bf does karate and he taught me a move to deflect unwanted touches when I was pregnant with DD1
  • @libbodee I feel like if someone offers to throw you a shower than they should plan it and you just show up (unless you have any special requests). 
    My showers were actually surprise showers with my first pregnant which was nice so i didnt have to worry about any of the planning. My mom would come up with a plan to get me to dress up (I am comfortable in a tshirt and jeans normally) so that I wouldn't look out of place. And then she would pick me up for the lunch date or friends shower or whatever her excuse was and surprise! 

@rmarie13 I have definitely had moments where i forgot I was pregnant! I really like feeling this little peanut move to remind me!
  • @kbrinks2 the surprise sounds nice! Hopefully I can find a tactful way to say " it's up to you! I trust your judgement" the next time I talk to them. 
  • @libbodee hopefully they can take the hint!
    Thats what they invented Pinterest for isn't it?? Lol