November 2017 Moms
Options

Gift ideas for baby shower hostess?

Does anyone have ideas/recommendations for thank-you gifts for the hostess/hostesses of your baby shower? I realize they should probably be customized to the person's tastes, so I guess I'm just wondering what other people have done. My only idea so far is a gift card to a nice restaurant for a lovely date night, but that would only work well for one of my two hostesses. My ladies threw such a wonderful party, I really want to thank them both in a big way. How did you thank your friend or family member?

Re: Gift ideas for baby shower hostess?

• Options
    I got Alex and ani bracelets for my MiL and SIL for the shower they threw me in Canada. And then for my mom, SIL and BF for this weekend I got them engraved stemless wine glasses that say Aunt __ or YaYa (my mom) with a nice bottle of wine 
    BFP #1: 1.22.16                 MMC: 2.29.16 ( tetrasomy 11, partial deletion 1, XXX) D&C: 3.2.16
    BFP #2: 4.14.16                 CP: 4.17.16
    BFP #3: 6.10.2016             CP: 6.17.16
    RE appt: 6.27.2016- saline sono all clear
    Progenity: + carrier Tay-Sachs, Gaucher's, hemachromatosis. DH: carrier Alpha 1 anti-trypsin
    PCOS, hypothyroid, MTHFR, hx of LEEP in 2006
    Clomid + TI Cycle #1: 50mg Trigger 8.24.2016- BFN
    Clomid 75mg + IUI#1 9.25.2016- BFP #4 10/6
    Beta #1 15   Beta #2 38    Beta #3- 71     beta #4 171   Beta # 5- 21  Natural MC 10/21
    HSG- clear
    IVF Jan 2017
    Egg Retrieval 1.22.17: 32 eggs retrieved,29 mature, 24 fertilized, 14 to blastocyst for biopsy
    PGS results: 4 PGS normal 2 XX, 2 XY
    FET: 3.13.2017 for 2 PGS embryos
    Beta#1: 3.24.2017......... 78; Beta # 2 241; Beta #3 4198
    Baby BOY due 11.29.2017

• Options
    I always love a nice bottle of wine (7 more weeks!) and maybe some nice chocolates or candle. I know some people find them impersonal but I like gift cards also - nice dinner out, Starbucks, etc. like you said, it depends on the person and what would be considered a "treat" for them.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I got her a tumbler off etsy that said "only the best of friends get promoted to auntie" and filled it with her favorite candy (that doesn't seem to be sold in stores anymore). 
  • Options
    I gave them thank you cards. I've never heard about giving them gifts before. And no one expected anything. 
  • Options
    I sent a Thank you card to my mother, who although she hosted it at her house did not do anything as far as food, decorations, etc.  My sister lost her favorite headphones in the rental car that weekend, so as a Thank You, I replaced them.
  • Options
    Thank you all so much for your responses! This is definitely helpful. @kaitlinliz That is a good reminder for me — I am sure they are not expecting anything so I shouldn't be stressing too much about it. :) I don't think anything beyond a thank you note is really necessary or expected, but I just feel compelled to do something a little extra.
  • Options
    @YesOuiCan Yea just remember that. And in all honesty, with the amount of people who had hands in our shower, I'd be broke if I got them all a thank you ..and I'd feel awful if I only did the main hosts cuz others did a lot of work