February 2018 Moms

Thursday Ticker Change 10/5

1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 

2) How are you feeling? 

3) Any appointments this week? 

4) Rants/Raves/Questions? 

5) GTKY: How do you deal with people touching your stomach?

Image result for thursday gif

Re: Thursday Ticker Change 10/5

• 1) How far along are you? How big is baby?  23 weeks! size of a grapefruit or chinchilla.

2) How are you feeling?  I am currently in the longest streak of not puking (almost 2 weeks now), so feeling pretty awesome :) Hope I didn't just jinx that.

3) Any appointments this week?  GD preassessment today and class on Saturday. I'm very curious how much I have to change in my lifestyle and what the new macro ratio is going to be.

4) Rants/Raves/Questions?  Nothing major. I think I feel him rolling around in there more, but since I've got plenty of padding on my belly, I don't think DH will feel him anytime soon. Something to look forward to I guess.

Last week one of our little old lady coworkers was like, come here let me touch your belly! I looked at her and was like, "thanks but nope! only person touching me is my husband." She was genuinely shocked, but gracious about it. I don't have a hard time saying no, and actually find it kinda funny sometimes. We'll see how I react to people who don't ask first...    
  • 1) How far along are you? How big is baby?  
    21 weeks, an endive

2) How are you feeling?  
    Pretty good.  Well, this morning, nauseous, congested and a headache, but that is more unusual than not lately.

AS Monday.  SO caved.  We're going to find out the sex.  But we're not going to tell anyone.

Anyone found out the sex and then were actually able to keep it a secret?  I did promise...

I don't think I have full on resting bitch face, but I do tend to come across as fairly unapproachable.  So I haven't had this happen yet.  Even with my previous kids.
  • Loading the player...
    21 weeks, an endive or baby bok choy

2) How are you feeling?  
    Pretty good.  No new symptoms.

None this week. Had a good A/S last week, and a regular check-up on Monday.

Excited that my bump actually looks like a bump! I asked a question in the randoms thread, but looking into parenting and childbirth classes that are online. Also, when should I be taking these? My friend took one 2 months before her due date, and the hospital recommends 4-6 weeks prior. Any suggestions?

Fortunately, this does not happen fairly often. As long as they ask first (and politely), I'm ok with it. 
  • @olitwinturbosnprincess We know we're having a boy, but we're keeping the name secret until birth. (except I told one friend long before I knew DH wanted to do that oops.) We originally talked about saving the sex til birth, but DH caved lol. I think that's fun to hold off, it keeps part of this experience for just you two before sharing with the world!

@jennifer_m21 Yay to having a bump! I still don't really look that pregnant cuz I have extra padding to begin with. Maternity shirts are more flattering though. I didn't even know there were parenting classes online, but doc recommended looking for ones at the hospital around 7-8 months. I'm going to look in Nov/Dec just in case baby pops early (I'm due Feb 1). Cuz those months won't be busy enough lol.
    jennifer_m21
          20 weeks - banana
    2) How are you feeling?  
          Major heartburn and I can’t seem to get comfortable at night - other than that no complaints. 
          We have to go back for a/s part 2 on Tuesday because baby boy was moving around too much and the tech couldn’t get all the shots she needed.
           Where is this increased libido people speak of in the 2nd tri?? I’m so not in the mood... 

I’m such a push over and never want to make someone uncomfortable but it makes me feel so weird!! So I just stare awkwardly lol. Not sure if that makes them feel uncomfortable or not but I don’t ever know what to do in those situations!