February 2018 Moms

Treat yo self Thursday

2»

Re: Treat yo self Thursday

• After my emotional meltdown last night I called my dad to pick the kids up so I could get a pedicure. Freaking pedicure places are all super busy. Screw it. SO is walking on eggshells after last night so he said he’d start coming home one night a week early so I can get a break for myself. 
    eggplantfaceSunflowerMama428
  • I made cheddar biscuits and my DD came home from school with a reading certificate for a personal pan pizza from pizza hut... so now we're also getting pizza.  Carbs, carbs, and more carbs today!
    Pizza Hut for the win! My DH came home tonight wanting Pizza Hut, so we got it. It’s his PMS week...haha! All the chocolate for DH 
  • Loading the player...
  • We got McDonald's for dinner after cleaning the kitchen all day (it's been a rough week so it had piled up) and grocery shopping.  It was so delicious and I even splurged and got that new BBQ burger on the artisan roll.... so good!!  
    SunflowerMama428eggplantface
  • Mine was a frosty from Wendy's with fries of course!

love this thread!
    babymakes9eggplantface
  • Great thread!

I had nachos for lunch and a kind of Mexican salad for dinner. I love Mexican (or the American version of Mexican) food....who am I kidding, I love all food!

I need a pedicure, too! Maybe this weekend. I'm already sick of bending over with this tummy. The next 20 weeks are going to be rough.
  • Not marking the assignments I brought home with me! We have a long weekend and we have a sick house so resting on the couch for the win!
    babybro218eggplantface
  • Had a bit (lot?) of a breakdown this week due to work and so today husband bought me chocolates and flowers. Also had sushi for dinner and a half a glass of wine. Delightful. 
    BrittaniLCeggplantfacejessilee15
  • Probably take a nap when DD does instead of doing any of the things I should actually be doing. 
    Took two today! After working all night Im not even sorry.

also, went to the fair tonight and shared a funnel cake AND fried oreos with the BF. Only do it once a year and man was it worth it
    eggplantface
  • kbrinks2 said:
    Not marking the assignments I brought home with me! We have a long weekend and we have a sick house so resting on the couch for the win!
    I also shunned all grading, skipped out on the dinner plans we made with friends (who thinks 9pm reservations on a school night are ok???), and vegged on the couch.
    babymakes9eggplantfacemagnolia305kbrinks2
  • kbrinks2 said:
    Not marking the assignments I brought home with me! We have a long weekend and we have a sick house so resting on the couch for the win!
    I also shunned all grading, skipped out on the dinner plans we made with friends (who thinks 9pm reservations on a school night are ok???), and vegged on the couch.
    9 pm dinner reservations are never okay, especially when your pregnant unless it's dessert. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
    babybro218eggplantface
  • I just bought tix to a NHL game since my friend was selling their very good seats. Did I need to spend the $, nope... but figured we should go see our teams before I get too big to want to move later in the season. 
    magnolia305chucksmom15kbrinks2
  • @clc515 That's exciting--a good way to treat yourself!!  DH just got us NHL tickets for sometime next month--I have never been. 
    clc515
  • ash0625 said:
    Okay so I know its Friday, but yesterday sucked and this morning I absolutely treated myself by getting lash extensions. I've felt pretty gross these past few weeks and with the breakouts and general sweatyness I wasn't feeling my best. A friend had hers done and I loved it so I did it this morning and OH MY. So worth it. I feel like a million bucks. 
    I’ve always wanted to try!
  • ash0625 said:
    Okay so I know its Friday, but yesterday sucked and this morning I absolutely treated myself by getting lash extensions. I've felt pretty gross these past few weeks and with the breakouts and general sweatyness I wasn't feeling my best. A friend had hers done and I loved it so I did it this morning and OH MY. So worth it. I feel like a million bucks. 
    I love lash extensions! I wish i could get them now,  but on a budget to get things done before baby. They are my favorite pampering beauty treatment.  @nightnurse92 you should get them Groupon  in my area always has tons of deals on them .
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am on a mission to find a McDonalds with a working ice cream machine this weekend.  I've already informed DH of our mission.
    BrittaniLC
  • @ash0625 I've always thought lash extensions were the best way to spend your beauty budget! Way more impactful than a manicure, highlights, or even a good haircut!

I got mine done a little over a week ago but pregnancy has got me shedding lashes like crazy so they aren't lasting long!
    babymakes9
  • @ash0625 and/or @ashoes123 Im interested in this eyelash thing! Howw long do lash extensions typically last? Do you put mascara on when you have them? 
  • @ash0625 and/or @ashoes123 Im interested in this eyelash thing! Howw long do lash extensions typically last? Do you put mascara on when you have them? 
    About 3 weeks. It's pricey but I found a person who does it out of her house and it's much less expensive than a salon.  You don't need mascara and many people don't need any eye makeup at all.  It makes you look like one of those Snapchat filters (in a good way).
    babymakes9
  • mayapple44mayapple44 member
    edited October 2017
    @Ashoes123 I just looked up before and after photos and I am amazed!! I bet its really sad when they are gone. 

ETA: I just found out there is a maintenance routine inolved. Way less appealing now
  • @Ashoes123 I just looked up before and after photos and I am amazed!! I bet its really sad when they are gone. 

ETA: I just found out there is a maintenance routine inolved. Way less appealing now
    Mine always lasted 6-8 weeks and were always low maintenance.  The 2 rules my lady has is don't get them wet for at Least 24 hours after application for the glue to fully set,  and don't use oil based cleansing products on them because they are glued on and it weakens the glue.  Other than that i didn't do anything special,  and didn't use mascara - but could have if i felt it was necessary.  I always feel more done up with them, even right or of bed and started wearing makeup way less often.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I’m only on day two, but I’m super low maintenance and don’t wear make-up, usually. I have blonde eyelashes so I’ve always had to wear mascara, though. This solves that and I feel so much better with them on! 
    babymakes9jenniferjoy37