February 2018 Moms

Treat yo self Thursday

What are you ladies doing for yourself today? 
rainafire77

Re: Treat yo self Thursday

• Probably take a nap when DD does instead of doing any of the things I should actually be doing. 
    meatballs37chucksmom15BrittaniLC
  • Probably take a nap when DD does instead of doing any of the things I should actually be doing. 
    Yes! Same here. I woke up with a nasty cold, so I'm just sort of letting everything go today.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    magnolia305meatballs37
  • Loading the player...
  • @SarahFoley725 jealous of your nap--today is a good napping day!

Our house cleaner comes today--it's the best treat I have ever given myself!  
    chucksmom15ash0625mayapple44katefb17
  • chucksmom15chucksmom15 member
    edited October 2017
    @SarahFoley725 jealous of your nap--today is a good napping day!

Ours came yesterday @magnolia305!  Best money we spend.  

Im gonna go get a sundae from McDonalds at lunch.  If the ice cream machine isn't working I will lose it.
    magnolia305madie008eggplantface
  • magnolia305magnolia305 member
    edited October 2017
    @chucksmom15 Sundaes are the only sweet I crave.  Enjoy every single bite!
  • MrsJ2410MrsJ2410 member
    edited October 2017
    Going to Trader Joe's after my OB appt to get Pumpkin Joe Joe's.
    I need to go to Trader Joe's during my lunch hour for cat food, and will now also be doing this. 

ETA @madie008 I have been treating myself with that a LOT and my new favorite is a PSL Frappuccino! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    madie008eggplantfacekatefb17
  • @MrsJ2410 that sounds super yummy! wish they had that in my first trimester when I was fullly obsessed with iced coffee/frapps. It's too cold for that now :( 
  • @SarahFoley725 jealous of your nap--today is a good napping day!

@SarahFoley725 I will also be taking a nap today. 

@magnolia305 I am in the works to having a cleaning lady. She is deep cleaning next Thursday! I cannot wait!

Today was our anatomy scan followed by McD’s for breakfast. It was delicious!
    chucksmom15magnolia305rainafire77eggplantface
  • Not today, but I am in serious need of a pedicure.  Going to try to squeeze that in this weekend.
    jenniferjoy37chucksmom15
  • @BrittaniLC @chucksmom15 McDonalds was my guilty pleasure yesterday. Glad I'm not the only one with those cravings! 

@SarahFoley725 I'm definitely jealous of your nap time... You enjoy every second of that! 
    BrittaniLC
  • This thread is exactly what I needed (and I'm thinking should become a weekly).

Amen to my fellow pumpkin Joe Joe's fans.
    eggplantface
  • I can’t treat myself ::insert crying emoji:: I called my old doctor to go back to them even though they are an hour away.

they said that they are worried about me developing a blood pressure problem so I have to be on a restricted diet and lessen my work hours and stress. 

Can someone eat some chocolate for me today 
    eggplantface
  • @SunflowerMama428 ugh! A restricted diet sucks! 

Coukd you treat yourself a different way? Pick up a new nail color and paint your nails? Make a hair appointment? Go to target all by yourself? 
    eggplantfacebabybro218katefb17
  • @SunflowerMama428 oh noooo. I am sorry to hear that! Can you treat yourself in a relaxing way? 

BabyFruit Ticker
    SunflowerMama428
  • @meatballs37 I could but none of that taste like chocolate lol maybe I’ll ask DH to feed DS dinner. That in itself is a chore. I hate that this kid learned how to say no thank you. At least he’s polite in his defiance lol
    meatballs37babybro218katefb17babymakes9
  • That sucks @SunflowerMama428!!  I agree with @meatballs37.  Find another way to treat you!  Get a massage.  It will help with your blood pressure.
    meatballs37SunflowerMama428
  • I’m sorry @SunflowerMama428 That is one of my biggest fears. I had slight BP issues with DH. I agree with @meatballs37 and do something for yourself...massage, hair cut, nails something!
    SunflowerMama428
  • I put on a movie for the kids and am taking a nice warm bath. I was going to take one tonight, but laundry & cleaning this morning has me worn out.. and it's it even lunchtime! 
    mayapple44SunflowerMama428winnie1122
  • Do McDonald's caramel sundaes taste the same as they did when we were kids? They were so damn good but I haven't had one in 25 years!

@SunflowerMama428 I echo the others, a restricted diet sucks! Does chocolate really raise blood pressure? Maybe new make up or pair of shoes instead?
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Yes @eggplantface!!!  I have now changed my treat to a quarter pounder and a sundae.  I have conference calls all afternoon and stupid tropical storm Nate moved west and is heading to Louisiana.  Ugghhhhh
    eggplantface
  • Do McDonald's caramel sundaes taste the same as they did when we were kids? They were so damn good but I haven't had one in 25 years!

@SunflowerMama428 I echo the others, a restricted diet sucks! Does chocolate really raise blood pressure? Maybe new make up or pair of shoes instead?
    She said chocolate specifically. It’s like she knew I had a Halloween bag of milkways in my fridge 
    eggplantface
  • She said chocolate specifically. It’s like she knew I had a Halloween bag of milkways in my fridge 
    @SunflowerMama428 my Milky Way stash is in the medicine cupboard. I may be hiding them from DH. I now want one. Lol!
    SunflowerMama428
  • @SunflowerMama428 That sucks :(  You deserve an extra treat today--even if it can't be chocolate!
    SunflowerMama428
  • Dark chocolate. I'll see if H can pick up some goodies for me on his way home for lunch. I love me some dark chocolate and studies show it can help lower blood pressure. 

I need a pedicure, but I'll probably wait until my b-day on Sat when my girls can go with me.
    G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

eggplantfaceSunflowerMama428katefb17
  • @chucksmom15 ARE YOU KIDDING ME???  Why does McDonalds have the crappiest machines??
    chucksmom15mayapple44
  • WELL my nap didn't happen thanks to my neighbors lawn people. Boooo. Instead I made nachos and had another cup of coffee. 
    chucksmom15magnolia305babybro218
  • @chucksmom15 ARE YOU KIDDING ME???  Why does McDonalds have the crappiest machines??
    Nope and this manager on my last conference call was a jackass.  You are trying to get me to give you money dude.  Did you just round-about call me stupid???Now I really want to eat ice cream.
  • I have a cocktail marketing event until late tonight, so that blows. No treats for me. 
    chucksmom15

She said chocolate specifically. It’s like she knew I had a Halloween bag of milkways in my fridge 

This is terrible news!! Chocolate gets me through the day. I am so so sorry! I’m struggling to think of a comparable “treat” idea right now, but I’ll keep working on it.
    SunflowerMama428