February 2018 Moms

Wednesday Ticker Change 10/4

1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 
2) How are you feeling?
3) Any appointments this week?
4) Rants/Raves/Questions?
5) GTKY: How do you deal with people touching your stomach? 
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Wednesday Ticker Change 10/4

• 1) How far along are you? How big is baby?
    19 weeks, mango

2) How are you feeling?
    Nesting kicked in over the weekend. I took out all of DD's baby clothes since we found out we're having another girl and organized everything into bins, labeled with what size is in there. I also deep cleaned the whole house and put up all of our fall decorations (even though FL has yet to receive the memo that the season has changed)

No, but last week we had our AS and found out we're having another girl! I'm so excited that DD will get to have a sister, and they'll be about the same age apart as my sister and me. I have a brother and sister, and while we are all close I'm definitely closer to my little sister. She's my best friend and I just am so happy DD will get to experience this.

I guess I already raved about the sister excitement haha. We have to go in for another scan of baby's heart in a few weeks because it was too small to see all the details. Which I expected, I went through this last time with maternal/fetal medicine, since I have a heart condition they want to scan baby's heart in detail. I expect I'll be going again after that, as well.

I actually never had a single person touch my stomach out of nowhere last pg. Family does it when we hug, but I don't mind it since we're family. Close friends and a couple of work colleagues I'm close to would sometimes ask once you could feel baby moving from the outside, and I was okay with it since we were close and they asked. I've been able to hide the pg so far with big shirts, so haven't dealt with anything yet this time. I'm not sure why it was never a problem last time... maybe it's a regional/cultural thing? Or maybe I just look super uninviting haha.

BabyFruit Ticker
    22 weeks, coconut

2) How are you feeling?
    Good!  I can be doing things and forget I'm pregnant but then some days I feel heavy and get tired so easily. 

monday the 9th is my monthly. I'm sure we'll talk about the glucose test. Fun times. 

I've been having trouble with my insurance and getting my US claims paid. I finally got it all cleared up yesterday, covered at 100% AND I found out I can get my breast pump fully covered. 

I've never really had someone try and touch me without asking. I'm not a touchy feely person so my friends and family know to either wait until I offer or ask nicely. I've never had a stranger try and *knock on wood* hopefully never will.  If they did I might either touch their stomach or smack their hand away. Smacking is more my style. 
  • Loading the player...
  • 1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 22 weeks, coconut
    2) How are you feeling? Feeling pretty good! Baby is moving constantly and I'm starting to feel strong kicks. DH finally felt them the other night, which was great because he just left for two weeks and I was happy he could have that  moment before he left. She also was kicking extra hard last  night when the cat was laying on my belly, I think she was trying to say hello! 
    3) Any appointments this week? Monday I have my once a month check up. 
    4) Rants/Raves/Questions? I can't wait for cooler weather! I am running out of work clothes for 70-80 degree days, and I just want to wear all of my cute maternity fall clothes. Also DH and I went to Motherhood Maternity and he picked out a pair of jeans for me that ended up being the most comfortable thing I own, they seriously feel like pajama pants, and he was super proud of himself which was really cute. 
    The only people who have touched without asking are my parents, which is SO annoying because I hate it, but I don't want to say anything because they are so excited and I don't want to hurt their feelings. Others (friends, one coworker) have asked and I let them because they all happened to be people I like a lot. IDK what I will do if an unwelcome, non-parent belly touch happens, I hope I never have to find out! 
    BabyFruit Ticker

21 weeks. Baby is as big as an endive or a baseball hat. I don't feel big enough for that to be hiding in there!

2) How are you feeling?

I've been feeling good lately. Besides work stresses, everything is going well. 

No appointments this week. Had our AS last week.

I've been waking up at all hours of the night, tossing and turning because I'm uncomfortable, and then I can't get back to sleep for 1-2 hours, which is so annoying. I'm glad I have Wednesdays off to kind of catch up on sleep.

I had told my family that when I start showing, then they can touch my belly. Now that I am showing, they are a little scared to do it, but they do ask first or I will tell them it's okay. So I'm very happy my family is respectful of that. Everyone else o have encountered has asked permission before touching, so that has been a blessing. I'm dreading when I get bigger and people just go for it without asking. I'm not sure if I'll just take it, or back away. Most likely the latter. 

21 weeks, endive.  Unlike @jenniferjoy37 I feel large enough for there two be TWO baseball hats in there.

2) How are you feeling?
    After weeks of proudly sharing that "I feel great!" this is the week when things seem to be going south for me.  Feeling huge, uncomfortable, achy (my tailbone, my lower back, my abdomen, my lower legs and feet), slow, and just blah.  I know from last pregnancy that this could change week-by-week so I'm remaining hopeful that I have a better week next week, but just generally feeling in a funk about being pregnant.  

Follow-up ultrasound to check the heart, just like @precious88 .  Hoping for good news for both of us!

Question: What's your favorite way to cheer yourself up when you're in a general funk (aside from delicious treats, which are obviously already in play over here).

Thankfully, this isn't something I've had to deal with. I'm in a foul enough mood at the moment, though, that if someone unwelcomingly touched my stomach I'd probably touch theirs back and say something snarky like, "oh, you're getting so big, too!" 
  • psm2462 said:
    Question: What's your favorite way to cheer yourself up when you're in a general funk (aside from delicious treats, which are obviously already in play over here).

A warm (not too hot for pg) bubble bath with a great book and listening to Enya. Or, since I really miss hot, hot baths, I soak just my feet in really hot water. Follow with my favorite skin moisturizer. Then DH can throw in a foot massage.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Me too @jenniferjoy37 with the sleeping.  Last night sucked.  The couch is the only place I get can get comfy by propping myself up on those nights.

1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 22 weeks.  He is a coconut.
    2) How are you feeling?  Good except the sleep interruptions are becoming more frequent.  I just want to sleep!!!!
    3) Any appointments this week?  Nope but we are taking a class for couples on breastfeeding this Saturday at hospital where I will be delivering.  Should be interesting!!
    4) Rants/Raves/Questions?  We are finally making some progress on cleaning out the room that will be his nursery!!  Not done but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.  Our shower invites go out in 8 days and I am nowhere near done with the registry.  Panic is setting in!!!
    So I had this happen a few weeks ago.  We were at a football game for the college I went to.  The custodian that was called into the bathroom to clean something up put his hand on my belly at the same time he asked if he could.  He said I want to feel your baby move.  I removed his hand and said there is nothing to feel.  Then I went into a bathroom stall.  I was proud of myself for the restraint bc I really wanted to say get your "insert curse word of choice" hand off me.
  • @psm2462 In response to your question: I'm a big believer in retail therapy. That always makes me feel better for some reason. Work's got me down lately, so I bought some long sleeve maternity shirts for our anniversary trip!  Also, I hope you start feeling better. It's never fun when your body just aches in general! 

@chucksmom15 Good luck with the classes! I'm sure that will be super helpful! The hospital that we're delivering at does the same thing, but the classes are always when I'm working (I work until 7 pm most nights.) I'm glad you can sleep somewhere! This lack of sleep thing is just training, right?! 
  • 1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 21 weeks, she's the size of an endive, allegedly, though I think an endive is smaller than last week's banana... whatever.

2) How are you feeling? I'm TIRED this week, and have had on and off late afternoon/evening acid reflux, which is slightly unpleasant.  Overall, okay and I am so thankful for that, but I could really use a good night of sleep.  I hear you,@jenniferjoy37 !  Some nights, I can't tell if the Snoogle is helping or hurting.  Then, I have to pee every 5 seconds, which is annoying.  I miss good sleep. 

3) Any appointments this week? Nope.  We had the A/S last week, so nothing else until a monthly appt. in 2 weeks. 

4) Rants/Raves/Questions? I'm with you, @MrsJ2410 , I am SO sick of the same clothes for the heat!  Our school is not air conditioned, so it's been hot on and off. I am so ready for new options.  Most of my looser fitting regular, and all of my maternity clothes have 3/4 or long sleeves. 

@chucksmom15 , that story is incredibly creepy! I'm sorry that happened.  Thankfully, no one has touched my stomach yet.  I have no issue being touchy (meaning, like hugging) family, close friends, and closest co-workers, but I feel like belly touching will weird me out. 

@precious88, congrats on a second girl!  We don't have other children (I'm a FTM), but I have always dreamed of two girls, so that they could experience the sister relationship like I have with mine.  I totally get your excitement! 
    precious88
  • I guess so @jenniferjoy37!  We have a sectional and I camp out in the corner to prop myself up.
    jenniferjoy37
  • @lucylou214 Thanks :) Congrats on your first!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    20 weeks, banana 

2) How are you feeling?
    pregnancy wise I'm okay, mostly just lower back and hip pain. Currently we have a virus going through our home over the past week and I've finally caught it. 

we had our AS last week and luckily everything went as planned and we don't know the gender which is what we wanted. We also had to bring our 3 kids with us that are 10,2,1 and I may have giving them all a lollipop and left the mm for my husband to deal with
    chucksmom15
  • 1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 21 weeks, endive

2) How are you feeling? t.i.r.e.d. I haven't been able to exercise in a week. It's midterm, which means grade reporting, which means grading, which means I can't procrastinate any longer... and it's just so exhausting. I hate hate hate grading. As for sleep, I feel like I'm sleeping *long* enough, but not *well* enough. One of my cats has been extra-neurotic lately and jumps all over me whenever I move, which wakes me up. Uh oh, this is turning in to a rant...

3) Any appointments this week? Nope! 

4) Rants/Raves/Questions? Well, in addition to work stress, my dad decided that he's going to visit this weekend. But instead of actually visiting us, he's travelling to the next- nearest/ larger city. Because he thinks that will be more fun. And he went ahead and booked a hotel room for all of us (including DH, DD, and me) after I specifically told him we wouldn't be able to take time off work and drive up in the middle of our semester (and that if he wanted to visit, he should just fly to our town and stay in our guest room for a fraction of the cost of staying in the city). And of course the trip is non-refundable, and he's guilting us in to coming so he doesn't lose the money. So now none of us is going to sleep this weekend, because DD doesn't sleep in hotels (especially when she's sharing a room with DH and me!). Needless to say, I am *dreading* this trip.

LOL, reading this post so far, I think I'm a little cranky!! Can I blame hormones?? Or the combo of hormones and stress? ;)

I've been lucky and have never had anyone try to touch my stomach, either in this pregnancy or the last, unless I invited them to. I think being pregnant in the winter helps, because you have some extra layers to disguise the bump a lot of the time. 
    Married 5/27/13
    Anniversary

Baby#2
    BabyFetus Ticker

DD#1
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • @psm2462 I have also been in a funk lately, and have been doing a lot of knitting and Netflix binge-watching. Probably not the best ideas, since I'm also procrastinating on work (which continues the bad mood). But focusing on a hobby that's just for me often helps my mood... especially if I can zone out while doing it.

@chucksmom15 that is so creepy about the custodian!!! I'm impressed with your restraint!
    Married 5/27/13
    Anniversary

Baby#2
    BabyFetus Ticker

DD#1
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • chucksmom15chucksmom15 member
    edited October 2017
    @katefb17 I wouldn't go.  You didn't ask him to book a trip for you and guilting you into going when you already politely declined is wrong.  Losing the money sounds like a him problem.  

Im sure I will be not so restrained eventually.  The hormones are definitely kicking!
    katefb17
  • I feel like I jinxed myself yesterday when I said that random bump-touching hadn't happened yet.  Sure enough, today at work, a lady who I don't know well just full on rubbed the bump while asking how I was feeling, etc.  I *know* it was well-intended, but I just froze!  Clearly, I have zero suggestions of how to handle when that makes you uncomfortable.

On another note, I had posted a couple of weeks ago about being nervous to share the news with the parents of my students.  (background: This is their first experience with school (preschool in a public school), and many of the children have special needs, are nonverbal, etc.  While I have several coworkers (3 of them in the room full-time) who will be there through the remainder of the year when I'm out, I was nervous that parents would be annoyed or whatever that I would be leaving partway through the year.)  ANYWAY, I shared the news as part of a monthly newsletter last week, and the reactions have been nothing but positive!  Clearly, I was worried for nothing, and it's nice that I don't need to try to hide it anymore, since that is getting hard!! Thanks for the encouragement some of you shared when I had posted originally. I'm so glad the word is out with everyone, now!
    precious88karcerplus3jenniferjoy37
  • I think it's bound to happen to all of us @lucylou214.  Glad your students and parents were so excited!!
    lucylou214
  • @lucylou214 I'm so happy to hear that the news is going over well with the parents of your students :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
    lucylou214
  • @lucylou214 Sooo happy your students and their parents are excited for you! That's great news! 
    lucylou214
    19 weeks

2) How are you feeling?
    pretty good...my husband has been out of town all week so I’m exhausted running after my toddler

this Tuesday! My anatomy scan

nope :)

I stand awkwardly bc I don’t like it at all! My husband is the only one I truly feel comfortable touching it lol
  • @chucksmom15 , @precious88, and @jenniferjoy37 , thanks so much!  I was definitely anxious about this "step", and am so relieved to be over the hump, and with such a positive reaction. :) 
    chucksmom15jenniferjoy37precious88