Good News Thread — The Bump
July 2017 Moms

Good News Thread

With so much sad in the world, I thought it would be a nice change to have happy, at least in one little corner of the internet.

I have two to start us off. I live with my father-in-law, in a separate apartment downstairs. We are close enough that we can help take care of him and have meals together and whatnot, but we still have our own spaces and can each have individual homes. Up to now, we have had to take our laundry to his part of the house, and impose on him. We just got a fancy new high efficiency washer and dryer for the downstairs, so I can do laundry whenever and not feel like I am being a bother. Also, no more hauling laundry up and down the stairs! Win!

The second, and more exciting, is that my sister-in-law found out that she is pregnant! She has a 5-year-old, almost 6 by the time the baby comes. We are all super excited. She has wanted a second child, hopefully a girl, for a very long time. She had her first appointment today, and everything looks great!!!
SaphireSweetie88WeddingNotes13alcrimmins

Re: Good News Thread

• Since I'm going back to work in a couple of weeks, I've been really worried about my LO's trouble with going down for naps unassisted so I've really been trying to work on it the past week or 2.  In the past, we never put his swaddle on him for naps, we reserved that for the night (he's a good night sleeper and we didn't want him to get confused).  I got him to go down for naps in his crib, but never for more than 30-40 minutes.  Well, after reading some daycare paperwork the other day where they mentioned they won't use blankets for naps (even swaddled) I tried him with his swaddle sleep sack.  He's now taking his morning nap and has been sleeping for almost 1.5 hours! I even heard him stir once and he must've put himself back to sleep!  I know this could very well be a one time thing and not the start of a trend, but it's definitely good news for me and makes me feel a little less anxious about naps at daycare!
    SaphireSweetie88NutellaToastWeddingNotes13