July 2017 Moms

Weekend Randoms

I know it’s a little early, but I didn’t want to resurrect a dead thread. I have a moment tonight. I have joined a mom’s group, and once a month, they do a mom’s night out. Technically, they allow breastfed babies to come, but I though this would be a good time to let my husband take care of the baby for the evening. He will be in charge of two feedings and bedtime, so we will see how it goes. It will only be a couple of hours, but it will be the first time I have left the baby since she was born. I am a little nervous and a little sad, but I know it will be okay. 

Re: Weekend Randoms

• Yay for a mom’s group. I am going out tonight too (canvas and cocktails!). It is also going to be the first time I am really leaving my LO for an extended period of time. We will see how DH does with both boys! @NutellaToast I understand your nervousness! 

Sunday is our 7 year anniversary. Probably not going to do much, just watch football. I have a play date (man I hate that word!) with DS1 and some friends from daycare. Now that they are all in kindergarten, they don’t see each other anymore. 
  • I didn't do anything this weekend except work and a little light house cleaning while Abe was napping. DH and I are going to a hockey game on Oct. 20th though so that will be fun :)
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • @NutellaToast and @Cynth0104 how did it go?

@SaphireSweetie88 a hockey game does sound fun! Is hockey pretty big where you are?

We took DS and DD to the zoo on Saturday. DS is almost two and approached every animal telling it "hi" or to "sit." 

• Cynth0104Cynth0104 member
    edited October 2017
    @WeddingNotes13 both boys were still alive when I got home! Haha. Went well. He had DS1 imbed by 7:30 and was playing with DS2 when I got home. 

So so cute with the zoo! I love  the zoo. 
  • @WeddingNotes13

Unfortunately no.  :(

Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Things went pretty well for us. I cried a bit when I left. My husband said he had to put the baby to sleep three times, because she kept waking up every time he tried to put her in her PnP. They figured it out, though, and she was asleep by the time I got home. It was about 4 hours between nursing and when I got home and hooked up to the pump, and I thought I was going to die! Overall, it was a good experience for all of us.
  • This Friday we are taking LO to a preseason NBA basketball game.  I really went back and forth with whether we should take him or have grandma babysit, but I figure if we're going to take him in the future (we're season ticket holders, we sell most of our games but we'll still go to at least a handful) a preseason game would be a good low stakes trial run.  AND I found out that the arena (which is brand new this year) has a nursing mothers room, how cool!  My only reservation is evening=fussy time, but hopefully all the night sights and sounds will distract him.  And if we need to leave early, we leave early, no big deal. 

Then on Saturday my H has a bachelor party to go to.  It's supposed to be all day - golfing and then some party at a hall at night, but he's not a big golfer and doesn't want to leave us all day so he's skipping the golf part.  It will be the first time I've been alone with the little guy at night though, so that's a little scary.  He's usually good at night though, I'd much rather have H around in the day and gone at night than the reverse!