June 2018 Moms

Introductions

Re: Introductions

• Loading the player...
  • @meagster13 I'm in ON too, where abouts are you?

DD: 09/16/14 @ 37 weeks
    Baby #2: BFP 09/29 @ 11 DPO | EDD: 06/11/18
    Betas: 10/04 - 235 | 10/10 - 2,975 | 10/13 - 8,150 | 10/16 - 21,987

• @goldenlola I'm in Sarnia (an hour from London) what about you?
  • @meagster13 No way! I'm in Toronto, but was born in Sarnia (lived there until the summer before grade 4) and grew up in Windsor.

@MissKittyDanger Where in Canada are you from?

DD: 09/16/14 @ 37 weeks
    Baby #2: BFP 09/29 @ 11 DPO | EDD: 06/11/18
    Betas: 10/04 - 235 | 10/10 - 2,975 | 10/13 - 8,150 | 10/16 - 21,987

• lulu1180 said:
    *snip*
    - We were TTC since July {2017} and I was technically pregnant in August, but it didn't implant. All the symptoms but no positive test.
    A week before taking test, I had symptoms but didn't wanna get hopes up. Took test earliest day I could {according to clearblue site} and it was a strong, but faint positive :)
    Dirty lurker here. 
    I'm sorry but if you didn't get a positive test, then you were not pregnant.  A lot of the symptoms that you get in early pregnancy are the same as PMS symptoms and the implanting of the embryo keeps the hormone progesterone elevated beyond the normal 2 weeks, which is what causes the aforementioned PG/PMS symptoms.  
    I already spoke to my dr about it.
    She's pretty sure - only thing that would confirm would have been a blood test before and after - but basically it was conceived but never implanted, hence the negative test.
  • I didn't say you were nasty but several of you jumped all over her. TB is still just a public forum and while claiming it s a science minded community, I have seen plenty of very inaccurate information given to people. I don't think OP was trying to hurt people who have experienced loss or infertility. Yes she needs to be educated but not bombarded by paragraphs of snark.
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The reason why I spoke with my dr about this was because I wanted to know what was going on. I have dealt with my dr for many years, and she has zero reason to lie to me.

I went in to see her in August with strong symptoms but no positive test. She requested I wait a week and return. The day I was to return - but wasn't going to because I got my period - she ended up calling to see what time I'd be in.
    During our conversation there were a few things she asked and said - exactly - without doing blood work before and after to see the hormone level , best she could figure was that it conceived and I am just sensitive to things reacting with my body.
    She also anticipated me being part of a relatively small percentage of women who never receive a positive test because HcG levels never get to that point.

I understand people's questioning about this, but 100% this is a thing and I am not being rude but please look it up before saying I'm wrong. I would never have thought of this being a thing until experiencing it, and would have 100% been the same as many of you.
  • Dirty lurker from F17

hate to break up the science talk, because SCIENCE! Hell yea!

buuuuut holy sh*t @meagster13 I never thought I'd see another person from Sarnia here!
  • Lurker from March 
    @MissKittyDanger if you conceived in August then you should be on the May board not June. 
    Me: 36    DH: 37
    Married: 5.27.16
    Baby Boy Due: 3.18.18
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• @misskittydanger myself and @goldenlola are both Ontario :smile:
    @goldenlola you are nice and close in the grand scheme of things. People have usually necer heard is sarnia as I'm sure you know :P 

Speaking of-- @srscott3 that's crazy that you're from here!! You're just had a Feb baby? 
  • @missylaneous419 My parents are from and in Glendale, WI and I have spent MANY winters visiting them prior to moving to Panama. As far as your story... It reminds me of a friend of mine. Very similar relationship  sitch AND TTC journey. Long story short.. She is expecting her first child (tried and failed for 7 years with ex) in a few short weeks with her new (married last November)  supportive spouse. So I know there is hope at the end of your rainbow. I can relate to the symptoms over analysis for sure! Me! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"