May 2018 Moms

FTM Check-in 9/26

This hasn't been started in a couple weeks so I figured I'd get it going today. How are we feeling FTM's?

How far along are you? 

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go? 

Rants/Raves?

Questions for FTM, STM+?

GTKY: What is the luckiest thing that has happened to you?

Re: FTM Check-in 9/26

• How far along are you? 
    7+6
    Not yet :(
    Rants/Raves?
    Many symptoms but the worst is the nausea and I'm so tired of it.
    Questions for FTM, STM+?
    Not right now
    I'm not a very lucky person...I've won some big pots playing bingo!
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 
    8w5d

Likely last RE apptointment this Friday. 

Rants/Raves?
    Why is this board so slow?! I guess I should start working lol. 

Questions for FTM, STM+?
    Not yet. 

Making it this far? Idk, I'm also not very lucky. I don't think I've ever won anything. 
    Me: 36 DH: 36
    TTC #1 since September 2015
    *TW*
    BFP #1: CP, April 2016
    BFP #2: 10/5/16, MMC 11/3/16 at 7w5d (embryo stopped @ ~6 weeks), misoprostol 11/11/16 (EDD 6/16/17)
    Dx: Luteal phase defect, uterine polyps, stage 2 endometriosis, low morphology
    Uterine polyp removal (laparoscopy) 3/28/17
    BFP #3: 6/19/17, MMC 7/11/17 at 6w3d, misoprostol 7/17/17 (EDD 3/1/18)
    BFP #4: 8/25/17 EDD 5/4/18

BabyFetus Ticker
  • How far along are you? 
    7w5d 
    US on Monday which dated me back 3 days. Things looked good though and HB was 150. Saw my naturopath yesterday to discuss symptom management and when to go off progesterone supplements.  

Rants/Raves?
    I can't fit into my clothes :( I just want to be 12 weeks so I can share the news and wear whatever I want! Lol 

Questions for FTM, STM+?
    I cannot keep up with all the acronyms in the threads...is there a master list somewhere? 
    How are you all dealing with the wait to tell people? 
    Marrying the perfect man for me! 
  • @babys_2018 Acronym list: https://www.thebump.com/community-glossary  :)

And I am pretty happy to keep it to myself, my husband, and my mom/in-laws for now. So I'm not having too hard of a time keeping it from people. I always don't drink after ovulation (since we've been TTC), so that is my excuse at events with booze. 
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• legermlegerm member
    edited September 2017
    How far along are you?
    7 weeks/3 days

Not yet. First one is a week from today!

Rants/Raves?
    very fortunate to not have any morning sickness - just light nausea throughout the day! However, I'm like a previous poster - if I feel too good I get nervous that something's wrong!

Questions for FTM, STM+?
    Has anyone else had a family member blab the news to everyone already? We wanted to do a fun announcement later but now everyone knows

GTKY: What's the luckiest thing that's happened to you?
    Im not particularly lucky - but somehow I always manage to not be speeding when I meet a cop on the road. Ha!
  • @rachelg777 Please tell me you spent the money on something lavish! 
    @silverhope my nausea is almost gone at 9w2d.  It only comes at night now. 
    How far along are you? 
    9w2d
    apt on Monday. Can't wait.  I listen to baby's HB on doppler every night before I go to bed.  Hard with the bloat and gas but I can usually get it after a few minutes.
    Rants/Raves?
    feeling pretty good
    Questions for FTM, STM+?
    Anyone have back pain>?  I've always had a bad back and it is killing me and shooting into my leg. Not fun.
    Getting this far into a pregnancy!  We have only made it to 7 weeks before.  Once I get to 12 weeks I will really breathe better. 
  • @justsuzie Yup, I just got lower back pain today. And, as is evident from my posts, I am an extreme worrywart and rely on Dr. Google, who assured me lower back pain is normal   :#

I hadn't had back pain before today so I freaked out. And I'm glad I'm not the only one whose nausea comes in waves. I'm gonna try to think positive and not obsess over every new (or every temporarily disappearing) symptom. 
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• How far along are you? 
    8w2d 
    Had an appt Monday, got to the little peanut and his/her heartbeat! They did change my due day from May 2 to May 9 but said everything looks great. 

Rants/Raves?
    Rant: NO SEX DRIVE like at all, it's driving DH crazy it's been about a week and a half since the last time we did the deed. He is getting pretty impatient, and while I get it, I'm also so exhausted and bloated. Not sure what to do to help the situation because it is starting to become a problem
    Rave;: so excited to see that little heart flicker! 

Questions for FTM, STM+?
    i have a 6 yr old step daughter, when we had our Mmc we did tell her probably to soon and then had to untell her. Both reactions were tears, she completely lost her sh@t when we told her we were expecting last time, which threw us because she had been asking for a sibling for months. How would you handle telling her this time around? We are going to wait until at least Halloween. 

ive never won anything, pretty lame lol
  • @justsuzie ugh I wish. We were boring and saved/the credit card bill. womppp
  • @trauen812 tell him to take care of it himself. Him wanting to get off is not your responsibility.
  • -7w2d still feels so early even though we've known for almost a month!
    -first US in a week! Can't wait but also nervous. I haven't had hardly any nausea but really glad we told the parents because my mom said she was the same way. Thank goodness because I was worried about that!
    -rant: if I have one more student try to wrestle another student I swear I'll...
    -rave: everyone keeps asking when we'll have a baby and we just dither and think tee hee you don't even know
    -I'm trying to live off a quote right now that says it's not joy that makes you grateful it's gratitude that makes you joyful. Really made me rethink being lucky or not

Married: 12/19/15         

BFP: 9/4/17             
    EDD: 5/16/18
    DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

BFP: 10/1/19
    EDD: 6/12/20
  • kpc914kpc914 member
    edited September 2017
    @allie0320right there with you! My grandma said to me this week "all of your cousins are having babies, when are you going to have a baby" Even though I'm pregnant it still annoyed me that she would think saying something like that is appropriate. 

How far along are you?
    8w5d

first US this past Wednesday and everything looks good and on track. 

Rants/Raves?
    Oh the sickness. I can't even call it morning sickness when I am dry heaving at 6am and 10pm. Ugh. Unisom helped for 5 days or so. Now, not so much. @trauen812 I'm sorry, but I have to laugh at your week and a half of celibacy. We are going on 5 weeks of no sex, mostly because I had spotting after the last two times and am paranoid, but also because I feel like absolute crap. He knows he can take care of himself, if needed. In the meantime, we are both patiently waiting for me to feel up to it. 

Questions for FTM, STM+?
    General question: So I am waiting to announce our pregnancy to my friend who struggled with infertility for a long time. I know she is in a good place right now and she is 24 weeks pregnant. However, I know that she is going to do the math and realize that we got pregnant on our first cycle trying. How do I approach that when she asks the question (and I know she will) "wait....didn't you guys just start trying in August?" I am close enough to her that I can kind of downplay it, but any women have any insight as to how they would want this subject approached? 

GTKY: What's the luckiest thing that's happened to you?
    hmmmm got out of a few speeding tickets. I mean. I don't really believe in luck, so hard to say.
  • @kpc914 it took us 16 cycles (MFI low morph). It's wonderful that you are thinking about your friend's infertility struggles and how to approach her with your good news. For me, it would be easier to news to take if I was pregnant, so hopefully it is for her too. I know you won't throw your first cycle BFP in her face - that would be the main thing I would hate. You can't change the fact that you got lucky on your first cycle anymore than she can change her situation. If she asks, you can tell her it happened quickly but that you weren't expecting it to happen so fast. Good luck!
    Me: 31 DH: 32
    Dating since: 11/17/2001
    Married: 9/26/2009
    TTC: June 2016
    BFP: 9/01/2017
    EDD: 5/14/2018

• How far along are you? 

Well we thought 7 weeks today but...
    We went for the first US on Thursday and they said the gestational sac was measuring more at 6 weeks, and we couldn't see anything else. So we are feeling pretty nervous right now, but no one at the appointment said anything to concern us or even prepare us if this isn't a good sign.
    Rants/Raves?
    Not really... just nerves!
    Questions for FTM, STM+?
    Anyone else had a similar experience? After browsing the US thread and seeing so much on some 5 week scans I'm scared. 
    On the day we told my parents we were pregnant, we caught a foul ball at a baseball game. 
  • I feel so tired and have zero motivation to do anything! Any one else feeling really sluggish? I'm hoping to get out of it soon because I feel bad about being so lazy. 
  • @allie0320 @kpc914 I usually reply...My uterus' future occupancy or not is none of your business.
  • @kpc914 @charlestonchew oh I know, he should just deal with it but knowing that, explaining it and telling him to 'hand'le it himself have not really gone over well. Hopefully he can suck it up until I'm up to it. He's been great otherwise lol 
  • @babys_2018 me me! I've been so so lazy and it's been tough to explain to coworkers. I keep getting the "students we're that bad today?" At worn when they see me flopped in my chair. And I'm just thinking "no but I am growing a human so..."

Married: 12/19/15         

BFP: 9/4/17             
    EDD: 5/16/18
    DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

BFP: 10/1/19
    EDD: 6/12/20
  • How far along are you? I think 7 weeks, 5 days 

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go? haven't had one appointment yet! First one is October 25

Rants/Raves? DH is driving me nuts at times! Seems like I'm getting more annoyed at the little things than I normally would

Questions for FTM, STM+? how normal is cramping? How do I know if it's abnormal?

GTKY: What is the luckiest thing that has happened to you? convincing DH in high school that he should break up with his then girlfriend and date me instead and take me to prom