January 2018 Moms
Options

Pregnancy Symptoms Thread 9/23-9/29

I use Hypnobabies! http://www.hypnobabies-store.com/link.cgi?affiliateID=472

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies!

Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: 1/6/2018
Eva Jane: 7/23/2014

Re: Pregnancy Symptoms Thread 9/23-9/29

• Options
    Where has all the sleep gone??
  • Options
    I feel you @tlnman87. Although my fitbit is telling me I'm sleeping ok, I sure feel like I'm awake and tossing and turning a lot
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @TInman87 - ugh really though! I had terrible insomnia during the 1st tri and it seems to have come back the last few nights. I just want to sleep! My eyes have been drooping all day at my desk.
  • Options
    Count me in with the tossing and turning too. It's sucks. 
    6th cycle of meds/iui combos = BFP!! - EDD 1/21/13 <3
    Born via emergency c-section - 8lb, 19.75 in, 100% stubborn BFP Chart
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    8 cycles of unmedicated trying = BFP!! - EDD 1/10/18  <3
    BabyFetus Ticker
    *Waiting for Baby Eags 2.0*;
  • Options
    Yeah...last night was my first night of tossing and turning. I COULD NOT get comfortable. And I COULD NOT stay asleep. It was miserable!
  • Options
    @auntieraindrop LOL!! That's hilarious!

I've been struggling with sleep as well. It's difficult for me to get comfortable, I always feel like this LO is crushing my blood supply. If I sleep on my side, I feel like my ginormous boobs are suffocating me  :'( I wake up in the middle of the night feeling very nauseous still. And I'm wide awake by 6 am every morning  :|
  • Options
    Lots of BH lately and this baby likes to stay low so it's uncomfortable.
  • Options
    DH has been able to feel LO kick/move twice now! She usually stops when he puts his hand on my belly so I'm glad he's gotten to feel it twice. He was jokingly asking LO to kick mommy hard last night so he could feel it. She didn't comply though.

I've been having more instances of meals not agreeing with me recently. Not vomiting again thankfully just not feeling well after eating things.  My lower back was killing me yesterday and I'm on the toss and turn while trying to sleep wagon with everyone else. Such a fun ride, when do we get off.
  • Options
    My chest (with a smattering on my shoulders and face) is covered in what look like red freckles. They're not painful or raised or anything that indicates they're concernint, but I'm totally bewildered. Anyone else have this skin thing? Is it forever? I plan on asking my midwife on Friday, but figured I'd check in. 

Also, my pelvis hurts. It feels very period-y and tender, but obviously my uterus is way bigger than just my pelvis anymore.

IDK what my body is even doing anymore. 
  • Options
    @scatteringashes yes I have some red freckles too. I have a few on my belly. I got them last time too, I have to say most of them went away but some stayed. Same thing for skin tags, some stayed some went away. Being pregnant makes you feel so radiant ;)
  • Options
    I have some on my collar bone @scatteringashes I had them with DS too. So annoying.
  • Options
    @auntieraindrop that is hilarious! 

I also have the red freckles on my belly. They never went away after DD.

Insomnia for days here. I just can't get comfortable, and night time is when little man is most active.
  • Options
    I have a twitching right eyelid. For weeks now. It's so annoying. Is this a pregnancy thing?

And yes I have the tossing and turning too and weird dreams. 
  • Options
    @bkbaby18 when I have an eye twitch, it's usually because I'm deficient in B-12 and/or haven't slept enough. It's super freaking annoying though. Hope it goes away soon!
  • Options
    @scatteringashes Yeah, I've got the red spots, too. I got them in first tri on my chest and arms. They went away for a while, but now they've come back with a vengeance on my chest. So attractive. :p

AFM, tonight it seems like I've had the return of major first tri bloating. I feel so huge and uncomfortable. And I feel like I shouldn't be this way for another couple months. Anyone else? 
    BFP #1 4.2.12, M/C 4.12.12 @ 6 weeks :: BFP #2 10.20.12, EDD 6.25.13 Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Peepster the bloat is real here too. Maybe because it's been around 90 degrees every day and my clothes are shrinking by the hour....
  • Options
    @RC1014 YES to the freakin' weather. It's been horrible here the past week or so. We're finally getting a reprieve tonight with some much-needed rain, but I'm sure the heat and humidity hasn't been helping with the bloat. Any cooler weather headed your way soon?

The varicose veins on the back of my right calf have started to pop and itch. Oh, and the broken capillaries in my ankles have decided to show up again. So many fun things I had forgotten about from my first pregnancy.
    BFP #1 4.2.12, M/C 4.12.12 @ 6 weeks :: BFP #2 10.20.12, EDD 6.25.13 Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @jakobaby oh interesting thanks. It could be that, I'm a vegetarian (actually pescatarian) so maybe I am lacking. I've been anemic at times too. 
  • Options
    @bkbaby18 I had the eye twitching for a few weeks and it was the most annoying thing. My doctor said it was most likely caused by lack of sleep or stress. It went away over the weekend out of nowhere. Thank God!
    DD1: 2/28/12
    DD2: 9/12/13
    Baby #3: Due January 2018

• Options
    Well, I was managing my weight relatively well, and then my body decided to shoot up 3 lbs in the last week. What gives, body? Two days before my appointment? Ugh.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I am with everyone on the sleeping -- I feel like I barely sleep anymore! I also started having BH with a super low baby so those aren't any fun. I definitely started nesting super early this time too. I just wish I had enough energy to do everything I want to do!!
  • Options
    I am with everyone on the sleeping -- I feel like I barely sleep anymore! I also started having BH with a super low baby so those aren't any fun. I definitely started nesting super early this time too. I just wish I had enough energy to do everything I want to do!!
  • Options
    I'm sleeping like crap too. And it doesn't help that DS keeps waking up crying at 3:30 or 4am. Last night DH got up with him but left the bedroom doors open so I still woke up from the noise.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Jan 18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies

• Options
    I'm on team eyelid twitching too. Off and on since July!

And I've reached the hemorrhoid phase of pregnancy. D: 
  • Options
    Swollen feet and ankles, not very attractive, not trying to impress anyone at least, lol. Have a uti also and that hasen't been fun. 
    Wanted to comment on the eye twitching thing; I had that pre-pregnancy when I was super stressed. Quit my job, went away. It was very annoying.
    I'm now the heaviest weight I've ever been in my life, sad and exciting at the same time knowing LO is growing.
    Having nightmares, and waking up from them. Am able to sleep though, so that at least is a bonus
  • Options
    SO HUNGRY all the time. This morning my husband made me 2 eggs and toast for breakfast around 7:30. I was starving by 9:30 so I had a protein bar. Starving by 11 so I ate lunch already (turkey burger and broccoli). I brought cheese and crackers and grapes as an afternoon snack which I had planned on having around 3 but I'm guessing I'll end up eating them before then. Sounds like I need to figure out more snacks! 

I'm also starting to get short of breath pretty quickly and I feel super swollen and bloated this week, too. So looking forward to cooler weather so hopefully my fingers won't swell up as soon as I walk outside.
  • Options
    Yesterday I had some mild-but weird pain near my belly button. I think it's right about where one of the twins have their feet, so i wonder if they just kicked extra hard lol. Didn't hurt all the time, just when i changed position or coughed or sneezed. Today it's fine though. Overall, i think they're having a growth spurt cause there's a bit of uterine pain but not cramps. 

Doc also just switched me from tums to zantac and omg, i'm in love! i can sleep now without wanting to cry from the heartburn!

This might be a repeated/naive question, but what do Braxton Hicks feel like? I've read all the "medical" type of description and symptoms online, but it would be nice to hear from other ladies too...lol :smile:
  • Options
    @caseyw8784 For me, personally, BH feels like belly tightening. My belly gets really hard for 20-30 seconds and then goes back to relatively soft.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @missblaze - when it tightens, does it hurt at all? I have felt the bump feeling harder at times, but there were no cramps or pain so i figured it wasn't anything lol
  • Options
    @caseyw8784 my BH generally don't hurt, once I felt slight discomfort but for the most part my stomach gets rock hard for maybe 30 secs then it goes away. 
    DD1: 2/28/12
    DD2: 9/12/13
    Baby #3: Due January 2018

• Options
    @caseyw8784 I feel them the same way @missblaze does, but it never hurts. It just gets really uncomfortable for a few seconds.
  • Options
    Interesting on the BH! I just assumed I wasn't having them because nothing hurts, but I definitely recognize a super hard belly at times!!

Question for those with leg swelling... Do you prefer compression socks or leggings better? We have a long flight coming up in a couple weeks,I want to get compassion something for my legs but I'm not sure if I need full socks or not?  I have been wearing nothing but flip flops for 6 months so the thought of having to wear tennis shoes on a super long flight sounds utterly miserable, but will the calf compressions still do the trick?
  • Options
    My BH feel very much like mild period cramps. Same sort of "ugh this is uncomfy" feeling.
  • Options
    cyanopecyanope member
    edited September 2017
    @TInman87, I also have a long flight coming up soon (I think we're both going to Hawaii, right??). I just have the calf compression socks. They're the same ones I wore on a long (10 hour) drive in July, and they did the trick for me. Granted, I'm much further along this time, but I think I'll be fine.  
    Edited: Words are hard
  • Options
    Thanks @cyanope, it looks like you are leaving the day before we arrive!! I will just do the calf compressions then, flip flops are my life right now, thanks for the advice!
  • Options
    Oh yes @gusgus14 I hear ya on the hungry ALL THE TIME thing. Want food right now!
  • Options
    @TInman87 just wanted to toss in two cents. I get the thigh high compression socks - I used to do calf only, but then I got a varicose vein behind my knee and my doctor said it was likely because blood pooled right where the sock ended. Something to consider if you're prone to varicose veins! I don't know much about it all, but might be worth asking your doctor for a prescription for the thigh high (or an opinion).

I actually wear them on every flight over 4 hours and they are so effective. Very granny-ish, but so worth it for my body.